August 5th
Well, today they FINALLY set me apart! :) They asked me in June, and here it is August! Better late than never. ;) But I got my setting apart blessing, which was just amazing <3. I love my Bishopric! They are the greatest! Like, I feel bad for people who aren't in my ward because they can't have these awesome guys. Good news also: they think that I am the greatest person ever. They are right to think so. ;) just kidding. Kinda.
But I got to hear my other girls' blessings which was the neatest thing ever! Maddy wasn't there, so I won't be able to hear hers, but the rest of them were so powerful. I have faith in our Presidency :) We are going to do great things. I just hope that I am able to do what I need to do to live in the lines of my calling. It's a big deal to me. Just knowing that all of the girls are looking up to me gives me an even more greater responsibility. I plan on loving these girls, supporting them, looking after them, and being there for them. Pretty much like a big sister. :)
I had my first Presidency meeting with my girls tonight. It went really well! We planned out activities and our calendar. I can tell that this calling is going to be great for me. I already love all the YW and it's so crazy how being given insight for these girls, how much it changes your view point on each one of them.
August 6th
It was Monday. Blah. All of my teachers decided that it would be a good idea to give me a whole bunch of homework.. all due on Friday. Great. That means that I will hold it off until Thursday night.
I don't remember much about this day..... oops. Guess it wasn't all that important!
We went to Becky & Mike's house for ice cream with a few relatives before some of them went back home to Japan until who knows when? Haha Jonah was climbing in their palo verde tree and I was watching him out the window and right as I said, "Watch, Jonah is going to break the limb off that tr-----"... IT HAPPENED. I am CONVINCED that I can indeed predict the future. Just like when I was a Sophomore and was in love with the color orange and wanted that color for the yearbook, and then what do ya know: Pantone made Tangerine Tango the color for 2012. I knew it.
Anyways, today wasn't all that super awesome apparently because I can't remember it!
August 7th
Today I sat in the gym for 6 hours and peeled stickers and dealt with Freshmen who don't know their own last names.
But I did get a great chunk of my massive amounts of homework done! So that was a plus to just sitting around all day. I did get my ID picture taken... and as they were talking to me and I was responding to their questions THEY TOOK THE PICTURE. My mouth was open and everything! But my hair looked pretty good, so I can't complain too much. And it's not like it's going in the yearbook because I got those taken back in June. I'm not too happy with those ones, but I have one more chance: my senior pictures later on in the spring. I have one more chance to finally get some good school pictures!
August 8th
Same thing as yesterday. Nothing too great.
HOWEVER: I did get all of my layout sketches done! Haha I was in the corner by myself while all the other girls were eating lunch, but I was in the ZONE. I didn't want to talk to anyone because I was so focused on drawing out designs for the yearbook. Ahh. It felt so good to be doing that again. <3 Seriously.
Mutual turned out great, though! We had so many girls there for the first time in a while. We had a Get to Know You activity and I think that's really gonna help everyone out a ton since we have a lot of new girls plus our relatively new leaders.
August 9th
Back to my normal classes! And actually, I was really happy to be doing something other than saying, "Last name? How do you spell that? Are you sure you're a freshman? Just go to any camera station you want! Your hair looks great, don't worry!" Haha that's basically all I was saying the past two days. But I got all of my homework done so that was really nice. I quite like that feeling, not having to worry about homework for a whole night. Ahhh... I should do that more often.. wouldn't that be nice?
August 10th
FRIDAY. You know that feeling you get when you are sitting in class, and then you suddenly realize during the hardest part of the day that it's FRIDAY and then your whole attitude changes and then you're walking on air for the rest of the day? Yeah... <3 Love that!
So all of my homework was done... but theeeenn... I have to write an Economics Essay... yeah that feeling I was talking about earlier didn't last that long.
Anyways, so I called Cal and invited them all over to start on the Star Wars marathon tonight because it turns out that all day tomorrow isn't gonna work for my family because we had chores amongst other things to do. So they came over later and we started them!! :D
We finished the first two movies that night. And I was SO tired by them end! Haha! But I really like them so far!! :) I've actually seen more parts of them than I thought I did. But it was a lot of fun, nonetheless. They didn't get home until like 11:45, so I felt bad about that. Oops! I didn't know that they were each a little over two hours.... but they're coming over tomorrow to finish the rest of them :)
August 11th
I don't like it when I have to miss weddings.. especially my counsins'! Derrek got married today in New Port Beach.. and I'm super bummed that I missed it! But I'm going to Kayla's in about a month, so I guess that's alright. We were watching some of the videos from when my dad was on his mission that my grandparents made about the things that were going on at home, and Kayla was on a few of them as a little baby! It's so weird to think that she's getting MARRIED in less than a month... crazy!
So the Cluffs came over around 1 and we started right away and STILL didn't finish until about 10.. we took a pizza break also.. But now I can say I HAVE WATCHED ALL SIX STAR WARS MOVIES. And I understand them. And I like them. Mission accomplished. Thanks Cal for spending 14 hours with me just sitting on the couch watching movies all day long. It was pretty great. :)
I felt so dumb though because he pointed out to me that when Anakin was turning to the dark side, he gave it away that they would only play one measure of Darth Vader's theme... Say whaaaa? I HAD NO IDEA THAT ANAKIN AND DARTH VADER WAS THE SAME PERSON. Am I the only person who didn't know that?! Haha I just chuckled and agreed with him because I didn't want to sound like a total idiot for not knowing that they were the same person... Way to go, self. :P
I feel accomplished. And lazy. And tired.
Good week. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment