August 19th
Sunday couldn't have come any sooner this week. I needed it to be Sunday so badly and it's finally here! Thank goodness. Sundays are my relaxing day where I can relax, chill, get some spiritual food, and see my favorite people! :) I was having THE worst week last week. :P I was just in a crummy mood and couldn't get out of it!
And even for a bit this morning I was still feeling crummy. But I made up my mind to have a good day, and you know what? I DID. That's right. Who knew it was so easy to just decide to have a good day, and then just do it? ;)
Today was the first day of Bro Kasper teaching our Sunday School class... and we actually had a lesson! And I can still remember what it was on.. is that even possible? Haha but since I'm the only girl in the class that he knows pretty well, he called on me for pretty much anything... now if it's something I know like the back of my hand, sure I'll talk forever about it... but because it's opinion questions that I really had no opinion on.. I just mutter on about something and then just sound very unintelligent.. and I promise that I do have a lot of good thoughts going up in my noggin, but it's hard to get those thoughts out a lot of the time unless it's something I am really comfortable with... so most of the time I answer with "I don't know" or some lame answer than can answer anything you might ask. I hate it, but I'm getting a little better. And I think that part of the reason is that I'm still not fully comfortable with all the kids in there, so I don't want to sound super smart for a reason! Oh well. But I saved all my comments for YW which I am comfortable in. I find that sharing comments really does help me and others get more out of the lesson, and I had a whole week long experience that related perfectly with the lesson.
But overall, by the time it was Sacrament meeting, my day was SO much better than my past week. And that's what I looooove about church. I dunno what I'd do without it! :)
August 20th
It was one of those days... and there was almost nothing I can do other than blame it on the day of the week: Monday. When Pre-Calc started, my brain was not functioning, and I was a bit lost, and then that continued to be the case for the rest of the day.. plus my classes weren't doing anything academically invigorating anyways, so it was pretty much a waste of a school day. Sometimes those are fine, but I knew that it would affect the later part of my day. And it did. I've gotten back into the habit of my after school naps. I was doing SO good, too! For weeks I was strong, and then I just let it all slip.. :P
But we cleaned the church for FHE, which made me perk up a little bit. Found out that there is NO way to get rid of mosquito bites other than time... :P I was afraid of that answer. But me and Kami went speed walking later in the night and talked and talked and talked. That's how we vent to each other, we exercise and talk, and it works SO MUCH. I felt so much better! We're gonna make this hopefully a nightly thing.
August 21st
Today was a lot better! Not the best day ever, but still pretty good. I looooove it when people say HI to me in the hallways.. I know it sounds really dumb, and most people take it for granted, but really it makes my day to see people that I know recognize me and talk to me! It's so little, but it makes such a huge impact on my day! I don't care how silly it sounds. Now, I'm spreading that love on, too! :) It's a lot easier to do that.
Oh, yesterdat Woodbrey asked me to be the Master Scriptorian for the class, basically what I did last year in Johnson's class. I'm excited :) It helps me get to know more kids better, and I LOVE my seminary class! They are the greatest! My sophomore and senior years are definitely the best. We're all a bit goofy in there, but when it's time for spiritual matters we're all reverent and respectful, and we all actually want to be there, or are really good at disguising that. ;)
But I talked to Hagi and got the whole layout thing figured out. Turns out we just weren't on the same page design wise. She wanted to go for more of a teenage magazine feel when I was going for a little more sophisticated look, but I totally understand where she's coming from, and now I'm just gonna let her design the basics of the templates, but I get to spice them up a bit when I'm making the actual templates... and I'll take that, I've decided. It's something I was totally against in the beginning, but I'll be alright with it. I hope.
I got some really good news today and that seriously MADE my whole day! I got a ton of energy, was super happy, and I just want to go play out in the rain now. :) I'm excited for Mutual tomorrow. :D
My birthday is NEXT WEEK. SEVENTEEEEEENNNNNNNN.
August 22nd
Today my Dual Credit Honors English class (that's a mouthful...) took yet another field trip to CGCC.. It's not really a field trip. It's basically giving up a day of class to go listen to lectures all day, I can't complain too much because I'll take that over going to Honors Econ for an hour. That class is so painful.
Anyways, so we went to the Williams Field campus... my second time listening to their lectures, and another time at the Pecos campus.. anyways, my buddy Cal goes to CGCC so we were keeping an eye out for each other, because wouldn't that be super cool if we did happen to see each other? :) I think so! So the whole field trip I was looking for him, and as I halfway expected, I didn't end up seeing him at all... so afterwards I found out that he was looking for me by the usual bus place doing his homework for an hour after his classes ended, and as it just so happens to turn out, I WAS AT THE OTHER CAMPUS. Of course. Ahh I felt so dumb. I totally just assumed that he would be at the WF campus because it's close by our houses and I don't know, it never occurred to me to ask him what campus he'd be at.. yeah, so I felt bad.. Oops..
It was Porter's first time going, and my third... and he did what Porters do best.. caused problems. ;) there were these spinning chairs with a cupholder and a small table thing that could spin out, and he figured out that you can take them out, so we switched cupholders and tables in our chairs, and no one knows but us!! haha we're pretty rebellious, what can I say? But we toured the campus, used their library, ate some food, listened to lectures, etc. For the third time. It wasn't all that bad, just very repetitive.
I got a picture with Boyd tonight at Mutual! Haha :) I love that kid. And he loves me, out of my whole family I'm the only one he likes.. I don't blame him for having favorites, I AM pretty awesome. ;)
Anyways, we made brownies/cookies for Madi and Cassie, we also made Bahama Bucks which were super yummy. <3 I didn't get home until 9:30, and that's the time that I go to bed.
August 23rd
Thursdayyyyy.... yay! Kami went back to school today, and we also went to Institute with Cal today! I am such a church nerd. I loooooove it so much. I saw my cousin Matt there and he was kinda like "what are you doing here? You're 16 and still in high school." And with that I replied to Matt that "yes, I am still in high school, but I love Institute, so why not be here?" So today was very spiritual for me, I rather enjoyed it. :) I hope Cal liked it, too because we invited him back next week and I don't want him to feel obliged to go just because we asked him... I couldn't tell if he liked it enough to want to come back weekly, who knows maybe he does or doesn't? Well, I'm planning on going every week! Yup, so that was the highlight of my day! Nothing else too exciting happened.
August 24th
FRIDAY FRIDAY GOTTA GET UP AT 5:07 IN THE MORNING ON FRIDAYYYY. That's my Friday song. Good, huh?
I'm getting smarter at maaaath! It's about time! 12 years of it and NOW I'm starting to speak math. I'm a late bloomer.
Well, tonight is the first football game of the season, and it's against Combs at Combs... I probably won't go, even though I'm itching to go to some games, I don't have anyone to go with! Lauren has NEVER been to a football game in her entire high school life, and I want to change that, but she doesn't seem all that interested..
WELL GUESS WHAT: She decided at the last minute to go! Well, she was dropping off Ellyse, but now we are both going and it's going to be so much fun! She even made us SPIRIT SHIRTS. aahhhhh!! I'm excited!
THE GAME WAS AWESOME. We won, 56-0. Yeah, we're beasts. I didn't know that QC was that good, or that Combs just is that bad... either way we dominated! I think Lauren liked it, because we're going to go to most of the games from now on! I knew I should have gotten an activity card... oops. Maybe my Press Pass will let me in. ;)
We sat on the Combs side because literally, there was NO WHERE to sit on their visitors bleachers. All of the students and their moms and dads and cousins were at the game from QCHS. I kid you not, we had more fans show up than they did. And we were wanting to sit down, so we went to go sit with Ellyse and her friend. Of course, it was a little intimidating sitting on the "enemy"s bleachers, but I got a kick out of harassing their fans. ;) I get crazy when I watch football. I yell, I cheer, I trash talk the other team... haha it's bad, but it's super fun. I've missed that, I've gotta admit. So whenever QC would score a touchdown (which was quite frequently) me and Lauren cheered really loudly, and all the Combs people just rolled their eyes at us. Some kids behind us were yelling "YOU'RE ON THE WRONG SIDE! THAT'S NOT OUR END ZONE! IF YOU WERE TRUE FANS YOU'D BE SITTING ON THE OTHER SIDE!" blah blah blah. And with that I replied "You see that HUGE 56 on the scoreboard? That gives us the right to sit wherever we want! YEAH THAT'S RIGHT. GO BULLDOGS."
Haha! I probably shouldn't have said that, but I did! ;) It was fun being back to my old football fan self.
August 25th
I woke up at 6 with the expectation that I would go and work again for a few hours in the morning... I slept in a little later than I normally do with work in mind, but my momma woke me up and I just decided not to go for some reason, even though I was awake for the rest of the day. Probably because Porter and Garrett weren't going, and I didn't want to go without them. So, I did other things for the rest of the morning.
Lauren came over around noon ish and we had a scrapbooking party! We made our covers, had a makeshift photobooth photoshoot and printed those out. It was a lot of fun! We're so awesome, I can't stand it.
But seriously, I'm sooooooo glad that we're friends!! :)
Today was very well spent for my last Saturday and week of being 16. :)
Love her!! :)



No comments:
Post a Comment