November 13, 2012

Two Years

October 28-November 3rd

Well, I had a presidency meeting, which are always lovely on a Sunday Morning. :) Aaaand then Garrett had his Court of Honor later that night for his EAGLE. Seriously. Eagle Scouts are just legit. They are so super awesome and impressive, and every boy should be an Eagle Scout. I should be an Eagle Scout! :P Why aren't I an Eagle Scout? ....
My ward sure knows how to throw a party. And with four more boys who have to get their Eagles... it's practically going to be a yearly tradition at the Bishop's house. :) Brother Cole likes to give handmade HUGE knives to the boys, and sure enough, Garrett got one.. and we're all afraid for our lives. Two other boys got their Eagles that night, and one of them decided that it would be funny to fake trip on the pavers with his knife pointing to some poor guy... there was a huge gasp from the crowd... I'll admit it was pretty funny, but terrifying at the same time. That feeling when you almost fall and you get that twisting feeling in the palms and soles of your hands and feet... that's what happened... freaky!! More than half of the audience was my family... goodness there are a billion of us.
Monday we had our HALLOWEEN PARTAYYY. It was so much fun, oh my goodness gracious. Sure, my idea of a fun party is just a whole bunch of talking and maybe a board game... but it was still fun! :) The Cluffs and our neighbors all came over, and we just talked a lot and I don't know what it is, but it's always a great time!! Me, Cal, and Porter played a game of Rummikub.. and guess what... I WON. Yeah, that's right kids. Bentley won something! Crazy, I know. But it happened. Well, my first move was accidentally illegal... but I still won. I hope Cal doesn't just let me win at these games, because I beat him all the time, which is amazing because that never happens. Anyways, I just like winning on occasion. :)
Halloween.. two years in Queen Creek... two years of Montelena Ward... two years of being best friends with the Cluffs... time goes by so FAST. I still vividly remember my first day in our ward... I'll spare you the trip down memory lane. :)
I wish I would have learned to love Queen Creek earlier on, rather than just in the past year or so.. it takes a while for me to get adjusted to change, but I think I embrace it more than I normally do.
Today at school though, we had a YB party with the AV kids..... aaawwwkkkkwwaaarrrddddd..... that's all I gotta say.
After school, I went over to Lauren's house, where we celebrated the holiday by burning her copy of Moby Dick in the firepit and then ate some pistachios and such.
HAPPY NOVEMBER. After Halloween, you can pretty much kiss the rest of the year goodbye. It's Thanksgiving in like twenty something days, and then Christmas just surprise attacks everyone, then it's New Years and you try to become a better person, but by January 2nd, you give up just like 93% of the population, and then you just sit around and wait for Valentine's Day, or... S.A.D. which I hope isn't super sad this year.. :P But we'll get to that soon enough!
Football won their first round of playoffs, I babysat instead of going... yup. Welcome to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment