November 13, 2012

Hoe-Down in the QC

WHOOPS.

Time really got away from me.
But this is my blog.
And I do what I want.
And I'm pretty sure no one reads this.

So..

HA!

So last I covered a little thing called Spirit Week..

Moving on!

October 21st-27th

So, Monday... Taylor Swift's new album RED came out! And I'm in looooooooooooooove. It seriously is so so so so so good. I've listened to it an unhealthy amount of fifty times. I've gotta stop. But I can't.. It makes me kinda sad that she doesn't really have any happy good love songs.. they're all at a "I'm so broken, but here's my album of heartwrenching songs that will make you feel just how I do" kinda thing.. and I've been the exact opposite lately! Life is good! I'm in love and I don't care who knows it! ;) But sadly, T-Swift isn't feeling how I'm feeling.. so hopefully she'll get married and find her soul mate a.s.a.p. because I need some more sappy love songs in my life. :)
Tuesday was Sam and Ryan's birthday, and they brought cake. Ryan had half a lemon cake, and Sam had half a death by chocolate cake... so we had a feast for lunch. <3. Haha I think me and Ryan are practically the same person. Lemon cake AND photography AND we smile when we're mad? Who else does that? ;)
So on Wednesday, we continued making t-shirts and for some reason, at mutual, there was this overwhelming sense of UNITY. <3 Yessss. I've been trying to get the girls all feeling nice and one for such a long time, and magically it happened tonight! I'm seriously thinking it was the Michael Buble Pandora station... no one can have a frown on with the oldies!! :) It's hard to think that at one point I didn't "like" these girls.. probably because I didn't know them well enough, but now I love them all! And I don't care if they think that's creepy. They're still my girls, and I think they're pretty great. I love being the Laurel's President. So grateful for this calling in my life right now. Hopefully this is training me for bigger callings in the future!
Thursday was pretty uneventful... ;)
But Friday.... WE ARE 10 AND 0 BABY! Whooo! Varsity Football goes undefeated!! It's my Senior Year, back in Yearbook designing like crazy, undefeated football, an awesome spirit week... it's all too perfect! :) I can't believe how lame I thought this place was, when I didn't even give it a chance. I LOVE QCHS. There I said it. I know I promised I'd never say it. But let's face it. It's pretty great here. :) Aww, I'm  feeling all cheesy and emotional. :') Queen Creek is my hometown. Don't care if I wasn't born here, don't care that you country folk hate the city kids like me, but this place is home for me. :)
Saturday... speaking of how much I love Queen Creek... it's about time I went to a hoe-down!! YES. Yes indeed we DID have a hoe-down. And it was awesome. My stake put it on just for the Priests and Laurels, so it's kind of my job to drag people into church events.. so I took Cal, Porter, and Lauren with me! Everyone was dressed up in their best rancher gear (except for me.. Lauren took my only fitting plaid shirt..) but next time, I'm going all out! And Cal looked so cute with his belt buckle and plaid shirt :) It was kind of adorable. They taught us how to do simple stepped dances, other than the deacon shuffle, taught us how to properly spin and dip, etc. It was so cool! And now that we know these things, I DEMAND that every guy who dances with me does and appropriate spin and dip. I know we all learned it. No excuses. Who am I kidding, no one dances with me. :P Only when we switch partners in a line. Even then, sometimes... But I danced with Cal first, and we're both not so great of dancers, so that's a-okay with me! ;) Anyways, there was a pretty good turnout though! There was a dinner and a doughnut eating contest.. yup, and it was cold outside. And apparently the moon was moving pretty fast or something? I think some people are just crazy. ;) On the way home we skipped and grapevined. And it was fun. And I am not ashamed.
WHY AM I SO AWKWARD?!???!?!??!?!???!!!!!!
Okay. Done ranting.
For now.


No comments:

Post a Comment