I cannot believe school is starting on Wednesday. I mean, I want it to start and I've been ready, but this could very well have been my last "summer". Whoah.
I'm shocked.
Anyways, so today was GREAT!
I wore my cowboy boots. :)
Sacrament was awesome, Kasper and Lexi talked and I wish I could speak as well as them! They didn't look at their papers, and they seemed so natural up there! I bet if I had more time, and had a better interest in my topic, I think I would have been able to be a bit less monotone and stiff. ;) But, I'm working on that! I think it's just the big crowd that makes me kind of awkward, because it doesn't make me nervous I just get distracted easier I suppose and have to stick to my paper. Anyways, they were great! It gives me something else to work on.
Sunday school was pretty good again! We talked about how we shouldn't argue our cases with Atheists and such.
YW was lovely! I love it when Sister Kasper teaches. <3. Anyways, they FINALLY sustained me and my Presidency! Goodness. Almost a month later! ;) Tessa was there and she flipped out when she heard my name be called as President. Haha that girl gets so excited about everything! She called us the A-Team, which I believe is the right term! ;) We have a great group of girls who are gonna be looking out for the YW, it's going to be great for all of us. :) We talked about scripture study and prayer and such. Sister Kasper, although a soft spoken lady, is very forceful when she teaches, she's just great!
They're actually going to set me apart on Wednesday since I won't be here next week because I'll be at the Grandparent's cabin again.
We visited some of the grandparents and I ate some GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE CAKE. I kid you not, it is THE best cake everrrrr. But the company that makes the mix suddenly disappeared for some reason, so it is SUPER hard to find, yet she always does! All I wanted for my birthday last year was this stuff.. and since it's almost my birthday, I decided that it was close enough! Oh man. It is SO gooooood! :)
Anyways, we did the usual routine of visiting families. I met some cousins for the first time! One of them is getting married here next Tuesday. I'm excited. I love weddings.
July 23rd
Went and HOPEFULLY got my schedule all fixed and lovely. But here is the best part: ME AND LAUREN HAVE LUNCH TOGETHER! Glory, glory hallelujah! The Church is true! ;) Some things still need to get fixed, just a class change or two, and I'll be set! Now, I hope the teachers I got/will get are going to be just the ones I need that will be able to help me out the most, and I sincerely hope that I have great kids in all of my classes that won't hold me back, because that is what usually happens.
But I have a feeling that this year is going to be a great one!
I'm already starting to look up Yearbook themes for this year! I have a few ideas. Thinking about design gives me such a headache because a kabillion ideas zoom through my head so fast and I can build an entire book in less than a second. And it's hard to take that all in! But I'm looking forward to it, praying for the best... there is a new adviser in there this year, so hopefully things will work out to my advantage! All I want to do is sincerely help them and get them on the right track. Because I cannot stand bad design, and they are quite good at that... so I want to help them turn things around and achieve the possibilities! All I ask in return is that I am EIC, because frankly, I think I deserve it having spent three years of my life dedicated to yearbook and all that goes down in it. Summer break, after school, before school, weekends, spring break, regular class time, at home, etc. I probably have about a years worth of hours dedicated to yearbook because I love it that much. If I have designed two award winning books, and helped with a third, then I think I have rightfully earned the EIC title. Jus' sayin'. ;)
Anyways, I went to Lauren's house for a few hours! We talked and talked and she made me eat food and we had a PHOTOSHOOT. In the park. With rain clouds and rainbows. It was AWESOME. ;) I love her! Best part about my day: I found out that my schedule will be PERFECT once they put me into Honors Gov/Econ! I have lunch with Lauren! :D and Seminary with Garrett! Maizey has lunch and seminary with Porter, so I'm kinda jealous. I'm sad that he's not taking an A Hour this year.. we can't jam out to the radio on our way to school in the morning anymore. :( sad day.
But, I'm gonna be happy because everything is going lovely! Knock on wood.
We got school blessings when I got home, and I am quite positive that this year will be a good one for me. :)
July 24th
LAST DAY OF SLEEPING IN... And I didn't get to sleep in all that much! School is tomorrow... and I am SO ready. Gonna go to the Open House tonight to meet my teachers and see my friends again. All I wanted to do was relax today, since school starts TOMORROW. Holy dang. School hasn't even started and I already want it to be over...
Later in the day, me, Noah, and Porter went to the church with Cal, Colton, Kayla and their cousin Allison to play basketball and badminton in the gym. The boys got together so they could practice for their mutual playoff games that start tomorrow. Let's just say that they're not the greatest basketball players... ;) haha it was super funny to watch them!! :D boys are just funny like that, they do whatever they want, laugh off the embarrassment with something else that's super funny and go on their way! Lucky guys. ;)
So the girls played badminton for a while, and they boys played half court and around the world. Later I joined them... I forgot that I hadn't shot a basket in probably two years... so I was really really rusty! My first attempt, I didn't even get NEAR the net... it was sad. But then after that I got around, but I didn't get that far in the game. I got hit in the chin with the basketball... oh man. Laaaaame things happen to me whenever I'm around the Cluffs. I think it's a curse since they're so good at everything they do, I'm just like, "Hey.." whenever I go near them, and I prepare myself for some karma or something bad to happen to me.. good news: I didn't throw up. ;)
Later we went to the Open House, my schedule is STILL messed up. But Ramirez had this GREAT idea that I could still take 1st hour honors gov/econ and be switched into his GD1 class, but he would give me the GD2 assignments and stuff, he did that with another kid last year, so HOPEFULLY and I'm PRAYING that that works out. :)
The night was kinda stressful. Maizey was freaking out, the hallways were crowded and hot, mom couldn't keep up, I kept getting distracted by my friends and couldn't help out my sister... then she didn't want my help and then started freaking out... ahhhhhhh. This is why I worry about her. :P But she'll be great once she gets the hang of it. She was probably just super overwhelmed and didn't know what to do... afterwards I drew out a little map for her and marked the best routes she should take.
This night went a little bit better than previous years!! Normally, I cannot fall asleep, or if I do I toss and turn all night long, and such. But I went to sleep right away, only woke up at 3 am for a second, and then woke up!
July 25th
TODAY IS THE DAY.
SSSSSEEEEENNNNNIIIIIIIOOOOOOORRRRRRR YYYYYEEEEAAAAARRRRRRRRR!!
It's about time!!
I've only been waiting for this day since my freshman year! My first day someone threw a roll at me during lunch, and ever since that moment, I've disliked high school. But now the end is just around the corner, and 179 days away! Whooo! :D
For some strange reason, I woke up in movie line mode and started off my day with, "Let's do this!!"
Haha I'm such a dork. :P
We took pictures, of course... Porter isn't taking a 0 hour, and it makes me sad that I don't get to see his happy shining face in the mornings. ;P
I was planning on walking my siblings to their first class, but then they decided to go talk with their other friends and leave me! Excuse me, I forgot you were cool FRESHIES. My bad. Don't hang out with the Senior. Lemme know how that goes for ya! ;) I only saw Garrett and Porter for like a second today. No Maizey. I hope the druggies didn't get to her!! :O
0 Hour I have Dual Enrollment Pre-Calc... I dunno WHAT I was thinking!! 0 hour math... I'm not gonna be able to keep my eyes open! Plus, Mr. Clare has a little soft baby voice, and I sit waaaaay in the back, and I can hardly hear him.. we did a pretty cool activity today though, so I'm not all that nervous. I always forget that the first quarter is review concepts... I need to chill out. But my math book, I flipped through it... I thought my head was gonna EXPLODE. Oh my goodness. I'm gonna need some help, for sure!! Another plus: all the kids in there, aren't the scary slacker kids.. or they shouldn't be. I can't imagine what kind of kid would willingly take college pre-calc at 6:30... oh wait. That's me, apparently! :P
1 Hour I have Graphic Design 2, since I plan on getting switched outta there tomorrow, I didn't really do much. I sat in the same seat I had last year all by myself in the row. They had to combine GD2 AND GD3 because there weren't enough students. I never thought I'd say it, but I miss the kids from my class last year!! They were really funny, although I thought they were going to kill me half of the year... I still have a soft spot for my Mexican and Black Men druggy friends.. :( I told them to come back, but they said no. :(
2 Hour I have Art Survey.. which is right next door so I had 4 minutes to kill. Sam Cooper is in my class! Thank goodness! I don't know if I would be able to make it through a class full of.... special children... for the rest of the year without his sarcastic personality! From the first five minutes of class, I can tell that this is going to be very entertaining/painful at the same time, judging from the conversations I overheard.. :P Turns out my cousin Kade is in that class, too! I haven't really had a strong relationship with him before, but now I can! He has a class with Maizey, Garrett, and Porter, too!! Crazy, huh?? :)
3 Hour I have Yearbook... 3 artistic classes in a row! Maybe I do want to keep this schedule... nah! I was really worried walking in there... there are 17 girls in there, so I'm used to that. Hagi is the EIC. Which I was initially really disappointed about, just because I just want that title and to have ultimate say in what goes in there and what does not, just because I simply know what's best... but then I just said I'm gonna be openminded and happy for her... It's working out a bit. And they only have 3 Editors, which is odd. They have a photo, a copy, and a business manager for their editors... notice how they don't have a Design Editor.... I thought that was interesting. Our adviser went over basic yearbook terms, hardly any of which they were familiar with... I was getting discouraged, especially when she asked how many of us were able and comfortable designing a double page spread and I was the only one whose hand shot up in the air.. maybe I could MAKE the Design Editor a real thing!! :) I quickly designed a mock up from scratch, came up with ideas for student life sections... good thing I was thinking about all this last night! ;) All in all, it wasn't as BAD as I thought it would be, I know that it will never be what I was used to, but that doesn't mean that I can't try to fix it.. the worst thing I heard was that they use an ONLINE LAYOUT PUBLISHER. Aahhhhhh. Cue the scary violin music, please!! I don't know how much freedom that gives design wise. Turns out they already have a theme selected... which, I suppose is FINE. All I really care about is me getting to design the thing. Hagi wants me to bring in my 3 yearbooks. It's SHOW TIME. ;)
4 Hour I have Dual Enrollment Honors Eng. 12. OHMYGOSH. There are FORTY TWO people in that class. That's not even the scary part: the college will only give credit to 25 students. Which means, it's time for THE HUNGER GAMES: QUEEN CREEK HIGH SCHOOL. Seriously. They had us fill out a survey form, with trick questions on it to see if we were eligible to stay in that class. Personally, I think the 20 people who signed up for it last year should automatically have it again. But, I don't know what they're going to do.. they could pick 10 random kids and put us in another class, they could switch the hour completely ruining everyone's schedules, they could make two classes (which is the most sensible solution, but are they going to do that? NOPE.) So, we'll see how this all turns out.. Again, PRAYING that I'll be able to stay in there!!
Next, I have LUNCH. Yup. Basically the same table as last year.. but now we have Sam's twin Ryan with us! Hopefully, it won't be as painful as last year... fingers crossed!
5 Hour I have Economics. One look at the class, and I said GET ME OUTTA HERE!! Seriously. Bad news kids! Everyone was SO immature and dumb looking, no offense. But this is the reason why I take honor's classes, not to state the fact that I am smart or anything, but solely to get away from the hoodlums!! :O I really did not like being in there.. I was hoping that magically somehow that my schedule would be fixed and I would go to GD1 again, and I thought it was fixed because my name was not on the seating chart.. but it was indeed on the role... my real teacher is still on maternity leave, and should come back around Labor Day... hahaha. ;) She is making us get a binder with 5 dividers in the same order, etc. I understand that maybe for a regular's class, you'd need a strict note keeping code, but for me, I never follow through with the teacher's ideas. Only if they are for weekly points or something ridiculous. Last year, they all told me to get 3 inch binders, and 5 subject notebooks, notecards, etc. All this junk that NO ONE ever uses... I made it all last year with a folder, and three notebooks. Seriously! I know how to keep myself organized, and I have this sixth sense of the stuff that's important to keep over time, and what's okay to throw away. My backpacks have never weighed more than like 5 pounds my entire school career. No joke! It's wonderful.
6 Hour I have Seminary! :) Me and Lauren have it the same hour, but opposite teachers. I have Woodbrey this year, and I've wanted him ever since I knew I was coming to QCHS. Turns out, he's great! And I love him already! :) Also. I am the ONLY piano player in the class. But I get cut some slack because we have a digital piano programmed with hymns.. so I can't complain too much. But really? I'm the ONLY one? Someone's gotta be hiding it!!
We came home and mommy made us COOKIES! I even was going to make some myself, but I didn't have to! ;)
Mutual was later, and I was EXHAUSTED by that time!! We learned about blogging, which I already know tons about since I've written about every single day since January 1st, 2012. I consider this thing a huge accomplishment. ;)
July 26th
Well... Today was SUPER hard to wake up. But I did. And my schedule goes by SO slow this year! I dunno if it's because I'm not used to it and am still taking it all in, but my day lasts forever it seems like. My schedule still isn't fixed. Blah. Still praying!!
I forgot about most of my day because I was so tired.
Good news: Hagi made an Editor position just for ME! Yess! Oh, I have someone looking out for me, that's for sure. It's so important to me, and I didn't even ask or pray for it, but it's just one of those little tender mercies they all talk about. :) I have a feeling I'm gonna be more than just a Design Editor.. Because I stayed and worked on the book with them all lunch and class working on organizing the ladder! I have never done it before, and they haven't either, but I've stared at one long enough to figure it out. I brought in my books to help them come up with ideas and organization. They are planning on making the book almost 300 pages, which is about he same size as La Cordillera. When they asked me to be an editor, they saved me from having to write copy and learn YB terms, THANK GOODNESS. I did that my freshman year, and I'm so glad that it's over with. I felt so good being included with them and helping them out. I felt guilty, actually. Like I should have joined last year despite my pride to help them because they honestly needed it. Gah I was so selfish this past year. :( yeah so I had my little guilt trip after being so happy that they brought me in. So, I'm making it up to them now, and this book will be the est they've ever seen. I promise. :)
So far, this year is looking out to be a pretty great one. Only the 2nd day in and it's already been ten times better than the entire span of my junior year. I can feel that it's going to be great!
After school, the family went to Peter Piper Pizza with the Porter family. I didn't socialize. I brought my yearbook notebook and made a list of the things we need to get done, theme ideas, element sketches, design rules and ideas... I was in the ZONE. Haha
But that is honestly what I love the most. It's like fitting the last piece of a complicated puzzle together, but then having it be a beautiful piece of artwork at the same time. I feel myself, I guess. I think a good career choice for me would to be a high school yearbook/photography teacher. I keep thinking about it, and the more I do, the more I fall in love with it. I dunno, I'm still thinking, but that's it right now!
Cal emailed me a while ago for the Havasupai pictures, and somehow it turned into him bribing Kami to get embarrassing pictures of me in my youth!! Haha we three were emailing late and nothing has happened YET, although Cal emailed Kami a recording of Boyd confessing his "love" for her in hopes to acquire one of me.. Haha it's all fun, but he keeps pushing it! Haha I have no idea why.. Well, they would provide hours upon hours of entertainment, but those days are FAR FAR FAR behind me! ;) haha
July 27th
It's been a year that I've attended school at QCHS. Crazy! It's been a year since I met Lauren and we became best friends over the Doctor Who Bowie on my shoes.. Pretty crazy!
I was in YB again for lunch, and we ALMOST have the ladder finished. It's really scaring me because we dot even have a theme yet... :O I have a lot to do...
PRAYERS ARE ANSWERED: my schedule got fixed and I'll be normal on Monday! Glory glory hallelujah! :)
Call me crazy, but I actually really like my seminary class! I think it'll be really good for me. The kids in there aren't bums and actually want to be there. A surprise indeed because almost every Mormon at QCHS hates Seminary for some reason. I would love to be class president again over these kids! :)
Also, my GD class for some reason is now being made a club, and I was appointed VP over it for some reason... And my sister wants me to join the badminton team with her... So as of now I am Laurel's President, Graphic Design Club VP, Yearbook Design Editor and practically the EIC Assistant, could be Seminary Class President, aaaand badminton player. Since when am I involved THIS much?! Haha nah, it'll be good for me. I didn't get the job I applied for. Porter Derrick got Bryndee's old job at the UPS store... I swear, I think I'm not supposed to have a job right now or something! Ive applied at least to 6 different places in the last few months, and NOTHING! You would think that something would come through... I guess not! Maybe because I'll be so gosh dang busy all year!
We drove up to the cabin for the weekend. The 2012 London Olympics started today and I MISSED the Opening Ceremonies! And I cannot find them anywhere!! :(
July 28th
I slept on this weird fold up mat thing in this window "hallway" thing in the attic loft in the cabin. The windows were open and I was FREEZING cold. It felt good, and I kept telling myself that I would miss it in a day or so.. I just kind of wandered around the cabin, talked to family, hung out on the porch, played catch with Caleb, played badminton with Maizey, ate some food, watched the Olympics... the usual stuff one does at a cabin! Around 2, it got SUPER dark outside, and all of the solar powered lights turned on! And then it POURED. Seriously, it rained SO hard!! It was the coolest thing ever! All of the family was on the porch watching it. Most of the kids were running around in it.. I totally would have, but I was wearing this jacket that has this weird dye treatment where you can't get it too wet or the color bleeds and stains everything... so I was sad. But it was freezing cold up there and there was no way of getting warm and dry again. It's been raining a ton this month! I don't know if that's a normal thing because typically we are on vacation and not in AZ during July... and it mostly rains in November and February and sometimes a bit in August around my birthday... oh! Today was Grandpa's birthday! He's so funny! :) I love Grandma and Grandpa! I love all 8 of my Grandmas and Grandpas! I'm so lucky I get to have 8 of 'em! You all better be jealous. ;)
So that was the most exciting thing that happened today... we watched a bit of Trollhunter again... I can only watch so much of that movie before I lose interest... I've been like that a lot recently.. movies and TV shows are just kind of boring and way too long! I need to read more... I wish I had more time!! :(
I was doing my math homework up in the attic loft because it was loud downstairs with 30 cousins and people, and Jett was super funny and kept trying to sneak up on me. He was actually pretty good, but I could hear him going up the stairs. He only got me once, but I had a feeling he was coming up behind me. Me and him are buds! :)
Oh! I was taking a nap on the couch downstairs, and I woke up and my play director Mrs. Howe was standing there! No, it was not a dream! Haha she was as shocked as we were! Apparently her brother is good friends with Grandpa, so they came up and visited.. it was a bit strange... she thought so, too! It's a good thing she's legit! I actually miss seeing her every Thursday afternoon. :/ I see Derek around sometimes, and so that makes up for it! :) Weird though...




No comments:
Post a Comment