Today was..... interesting....
I went to BYC for the first time today! There were only 8 of us. 2 youth. 4 leaders. 2 Bishopric members. It was great. I made breakfast right before Sister Kasper came and got me.... and that was just one more sad story on how Pinterest lies. Or how terrible I am at making shapes with croissant dough. You choose.
Anyways, BYC was actually fun! Probably because no one really knew what was going on! I was just laughing the entire time, like I always do. I always laugh at church. I guess it's because I'm super happy and people just make me giggle! Haha it's fun. At one point in the meeting, everyone was giving me compliments, "Did you know that Bentley is such a great photographer?" "Yeah, and she is an amazing babysitter!" "She made our camp video, and it was wonderful!" etc... haha it was so awkward, because I have not figured out how to accept compliments all that well quite yet, so I just sat there in the corner awkwardly while everyone complimented me on my greatness. Don't get me wrong, it was great. ;) haha but what am I supposed to do? Agree with them? I'm far too humble to actually accept their true compliments in public. ;) haha so that was fun.. Brother Cluff just makes me laugh. Hard. All the time. And I don't even know what it is!! I just see him, and I start giggling. It's really bad. I hope he hasn't noticed. It's been going on for almost 2 years now. .... He's a Cluff, he HAS to have noticed by now... but maybe not. Hahaha I try to stop smiling and laughing, but I can't take him seriously. At all. I mean, if he says something important, then I listen. It's probably because we're quite similar. Both super awkward in front of people. But we're really funny when people get to know us kinda thing. I like him, though. He's a GREAT guy. I just like all the Bishopric and leaders!! They're pretty great.
So, for the meeting I was just super weird. Oh, and I almost coughed up a lung. That was fun. :P I can never be graceful and charming. Ever. It doesn't work out all that well for me. Who am I kidding? I don't even know what being charming and graceful IS! I do like BYC, however. I like being in the "know" on all the ward activities. I feel cool. ;)
I came home and then made some last minute adjustments to my talk. Got to church and gathered a little fan club before Sacrament meeting started. :) All the Palmer girls came up and talked to me for probably half an hour competing for my attention in between the Caldwell boys who sat behind us, and then from Kimilee! Haha I felt pretty popular. All the little kids love me! Now if I could get all the kids my age to think I was that cool... ;) No one was at church today! Seriously, they could have kept the back overflow closed and we would've had plenty of room! I was the only one sitting on the speaking stand. Sitting on the stand. Haha :) Because the Caldwells were speaking, but they wanted to sit with their kids, and Kasper was at home sick... so I was all alone up there! I kept thinking about that and started laughing on the stand. And I kept making awkward eye contact with people on the stand. Haha it was quite entertaining. I gave my talk. It was okay, not the best one I've written, it was on Tithing, so it wasn't my most favorite thing to talk about, don't get me wrong, Tithing is great and all, but if it was Family, Friends, something that I have a bit more relatability to, now THOSE would have been tearjerkers. I guess I said a few good things because I got compliments, and even more compliments to my mom afterwards? Haha and they weren't even there at church to hear me speak! Great support, eh? NICE.
Public speaking doesn't bother me. If I am familiar with the topic then it's all good. Yeah I get a bit nervous, everyone does. But I'll do it. I'm not one to volunteer for giving talks and such, but they don't scare me! I just didn't like it all that much this time, because I was still getting over being sick and so I sounded like a man, and I didn't like my topic all that much. Oh well. It's done and over with now!
The rest of the day went great! We didn't have a teacher for Sunday School, so everyone volunteered Cal to teach the lesson. WHY IS HE SO PERFECT?!! I swear there is NOTHING wrong with this guy! Haha he had the teacher's manual on his iPod, found our lesson, and just winged it and taught as he went! I could probably do that, but definitely not as good as he did!! It was the best lesson in Sunday School I've ever had. Seriously! Haha I still can't get over that he just whipped out his iPod, read the summary, and then taught!
YWs was great! We learned about what activities on the Sabbath are appropriate and whatnot. She brought us chippers from Paradise Bakery! Those are my favorites!! :)
Since it was just me, Kami, and Maizey, we left early and made our lovely dinner. We made spaghetti and garlic bread. We watched Saturday's Warrior <3 and then found out that our family was coming home tonight! I'VE NEVER BEEN SO EXCITED!! Seriously, I get super sad when my family isn't around. I think it has something to do with the silence. Even when I'm shut in my bedroom, there is still some background noise, and I guess I just got used to it because without it now, it gets to me!!
Anyways, they came home and I was waiting at the garage door for them! I was soooo happy!! :D Yay for all of us being home! :)
July 9th
I slept in today. :( It feels SO good when you're doing it, but SO gross when you're finally up and it's almost 11. Our Wi-Fi was STILL giving us troubles, so I still couldn't work on my class.. Gah! Of course when I'm actually motivated to do something, something stops me from doing it! Happens all the time.... :P
The rest of the day was kinda boring. For Family Night we were all together again! <3 <3 <3. Until Kami took off because Zac came back into town. I'm TRYING to be happy for her. But it's hard. :P
Yeah, the day was rather boring and uneventful.
July 10th
15 days until school. Can Summer go by any SLOWER? I want school to start already!! I am SO bored sitting at home all day doing nothing. My friends are outta town.
I went "swimming" at the Caldwell's house today. It was fun. But I got sunburned. They have a waterfall that my brothers were jumping off of. And it was reminding me of Emerald Falls and how I didn't jump off. I'm not gonna be happy until I can jump off of that again!! Haha just kidding, but it would make me really happy if I could. :/
I did my online class and bypassed all of my Chinese history assessments... wanna know why?? Because a few years ago, I was obsessed with the Travel Channel. And I watched all of Samatha Brown's shows on travels to China. Yup. Watching TV DOES IN FACT pay off. ;)
I went shopping and we're gonna go again sometime soon tonight for school stuff. School just needs to start already! That way it can get over quicker! I need to go back and be a dork, make some new friends, join the badminton team, and be awesome.
Went shopping. Bought 3 new super cute shirts. I need to buy more jeans now. Something exciting: I can fit into Maizey's jeans! :D Yay for me! Baaaad for her. ;)
I think it's gonna rain tonight! <3
I am so thankful that I also have my calendar which I write stuff in along with my blog. I was looking at it, and couldn't remember something that happened on a certain day, so I looked it up in my blog and voila! I am sooooo thankful that I actively keep a journal, it makes life so easy and funny and memorable.
July 11th
Wednesdays are my favorite days in the Summer. Because I can actually look forward to doing SOMETHING that's usually fun and exciting.
Me, my momma, and Kami went to Paradise Bakery for lunch! Yay!! :) I looove that place! Kami and Zac are taking a break right now, so we decided to get lunch just because we can. It was Super-D! ;)
Me and Maizey went shopping, and we were looking for jeans. I have to get over the fact that I can't buy any jeans cheaper than $50. It is so sad, but I am SO picky about jeans! Color, fit, pockets, buttons, seam, length, waist.... I think these things through sooo much that sometimes I get frustrated and end up not buying anything! Well, we went to a couple of different stores. I was eating a cup of peanut butter and loving it. Haha :) I saw a ton of cute jeans that I loved but they were all like $90-$130 and there is NO way I'm spending THAT much on some jeans. It's ridiculous! All I'm asking for is some dark blue/grayish jeans with no ridiculously sparkly/blingy pockets that are long enough and my weird in between size that aren't over $50. But as I have realized, that is asking for a lot. I'm usually really happy with American Eagle jeans but those all look the same, and so I have to go for the weird pocketed jeans sometimes to switch things up. I have NEVER liked the flashiness of the sparkles and bling jeans. I don't like that attention!! Haha! Here is the issue: me and Maizey split clothing costs and ownership of stuff all the time. We went to some boutique thing, and she was just DYING to buy a pair of these jeans, so I said I'll split it. The thing is, the more sparkle and rhinestones, the better for her! No way I was gonna parade around with that on my butt!! Haha so she was flipping out, and I saw some with thick gray stitching that was actually pretty great!! So we got those. Yay. More LA Idols. Whooo. She doesn't like them all that much, but of course whenever I wear something she thinks is super ugly on the rack and she makes fun of me for liking different kinds of clothing.... and then when I wear it, she thinks it's the CUTEST stuff ever and then has to wear exactly what I'm wearing usually the next day. It's so funny. I know it's a form of flattery. She adores me more than she will ever publicly admit. ;)
Mutual takes F O R E V E R to get here. Always does. Well, about 30 minutes before I'm about to head out the door, I look at my phone and saw a text from two hours ago telling me to tell all the girls that mutual is cancelled. Oops. I don't have all their numbers yet! Crud. I was still planning on going! I am going to hang out with the Mia Maids or Priests if they'd let me!! Well, I was invited to the Priest's mutual, but some people who I don't particularly care for showed up and so that cancelled that out, even though I like Barro's pizza as much as they do. ;) So, me and 2 other Laurels who didn't get the message chilled with the Mia Maids for their mutual, played their games, ate their treats, and drank their water. I like how because I'm one of like 3 Laurels who knows how to drive and actually shows up to mutual, I'm automatically the chauffeur. Haha it's funny. Afterwards, it RAINED! Whoo! I was so happy!
At like 10 me and Kami made ice cream cones with peanut butter and oreos. It was fun. :)
And some of it dripped onto our legs when we were sitting on the counter... so we licked it off. :)
We are so cool, I feel bad for people who don't know us. ;)
It's times like these ones where I don't want anything to change! I want to just be sneaky and make ice cream cones with my best friend in the middle of the night, be soooo tired we're talking nonsense and licking ice cream off of our legs sitting on the counters, both of us single ladies, me being boy crazy and "in love since February!" ;), planning on how fun of parents we're gonna be, playing in the rain in our cul-de-sac in good ol' Queen Creek, staying up late for HOURS on end talking about boys and life, and discovering how typical teenage girls we are even though we try to beat the stereotype! I love her!! :)
July 12th
I think I had an ice cream coma hangover thing this morning.
I finally got paid today for working in the Pecans! The building in there is pretty cool! I want to plant flowers sometime soon, I don't know how to (it can't be that hard, but I still don't know for sure) and I think that would be so much fun! It's like keeping a garden and getting paid for it! I like working in there, it feels like movie scenery or something.
Earlier in the day, me and Kami made popsicle stick versions of each member of our family. Haha we're such dorks. We were trying to find something to do before she had to go to work all day, so we figured, Hey! Let's make popsicle stick versions of our family! So we did. And now they are in the window sill by our front door. All 10 of us! And you can totally tell which ones are which person! It's SO funny!! :)
And for the rest of the day, I did what Bentleys do best. I did stuff. Was weird. The usual.
Yup.
July 13th
5 years ago, Friday the 13th, we were having the funeral for my daddy. It's so weird to think it was that long ago, but it seems like it was so much longer than it is!!
I keep having dreams about Havasupai! It's always a different part that is probably something I made up, but it's still making me want to go back! I don't think we're gonna go back for a few more years... :( It's a good thing that this past time was so amazing!! ;P
I'm super busy this weekend. Babysitting. Movie nights. And other stuff I can't think of.
I was gonna go babysitting, but one of the girls got sick, so they cancelled on me. So I had the rest of the night to myself! And I did nothing. Naturally. ;)
July 14th
Okay, so today I didn't really do much. I did stuff, but it wasn't anything interesting! Haha I went babysitting at like 1:30ish. For the past few days it's been really overcast and raining and cloudy and humid and absolutely lovely!! :D so when I was babysitting, it started raining! HARD. Like, harder than I have ever seen it rain in a while! But I couldn't play in it because I was babysitting. Meanwhile while other people are having fun playin' in the rain, I was getting banana baby yogurt all over my shirt. Fun, yeah? :P
Later that night we had Skylar, Nicholas, Zac, and Haylee over to watch Sarah Landon and the Paranormal Hour. And then some Toddlers and Tiaras. It was fun!! I was bummed that not everyone we invited could come over, but that's okay... I think... School is starting sometime soon, and the chances of me seeing Kami and Porter's friends are probably not that good. I like their friends! I wish I had my own friends like them. That's what I'm hoping for next year, that I'll have a group of friends and we can just do crazy stuff all the time and have no drama. I really just want guy friends, I've never really had that many, but they are so much fun!! Less annoying than girls, too. We'll see how it goes!
They didn't leave until about midnight... I was exhausted!!
No comments:
Post a Comment