July 1st continued...
So, since we got back home around 6:30 on Sunday, I'll just talk about the rest of my day!
It WAS Fast Sunday..... however, since I threw up everything I was super hungry and dehydrated, so I think we're all gonna fast next Sunday..
We got to church and saw the Cluffs! Hahaha it was kind of weird seeing them, because we were all clean and looked nice and NOT like we has just hiked the Grand Canyon a few hours earlier. We are BEASTS! Haha no one at church believed us that we had just gotten back from hiking that morning... probably because we were at church still going strong! Die hards! Actually, I think we were all nodding off during the meetings... I know I was a bit.. ;)
In Sacrament meeting, I was SO tempted to go and bear my testimony because the 4th was coming up and I consider that the day that I changed the most.... and I was going to! I had it all thought out and it was going to be great, but I kept listening to everyone else's testimonies, and I just was winning to battle of sitting down... I'm kind of sad I didn't get up there, because I haven't done it in this ward yet except for my talk last year, I guess there is always next month if I'm up to it!! Gah.
My mom always has born her testimony around the 4th. Not this year. I don't know why, and not to blame her or anything because it's only my doing, but I almost think it was the fact that she didn't that made me not want to get up there. I'm not afraid to bear my testimony, I do it all the time and I live my testimony, and I'm confident with it, but it's the whole getting up that's the hard part. Plus, I was sitting in the middle of the bench, there was a long line, hardly any youth EVER get up there, and I couldn't walk all that well! I'm gonna do it eventually... no excuses! ;)
Anyways, me, Cal, and Porter hobbled onto Sunday School, and we have a new girl in our ward! She is really nice, and apparently she moved BACK to Queen Creek from Maryland and already knows everyone! I was kinda like "What the?!" but, whatever! I hope I get to know her better, she seems really unique and outgoing. I'm liking my class a bit better now, all I had to do was give them a chance! I don't know why I do that with people, I'm not judgemental or anything and I'm super chill and it takes a lot to bother me, but when people KNOW how they're supposed to behave and deliberately do the opposite? That's what I just can't stand. And I know there is NOTHING I can do about it but just go on with my life and hope they get it eventually.... I just want the best for everyone because I know it's out there and I know that they can all have it! They're just stuck. Aahh.
Young Women's was great! As usual! Sister Kasper taught the lesson today about prayer, and I needed that! It was an eye opener for sure. I loved every minute! I just love her!! I talked to her a bit afterward about my experiences at Havasupai, haha she was freaking out. The rest of my family besides me and Maizey went home before 3rd hour so I stuck around church after for a while because I wanted to talk to the Cluffs for a bit! I had seen them almost every day last week and I knew this week I wouldn't see them hardly at all, so maybe to kind of say bye (?) and thank them for everything! Plus, Cal's birthday is on Wednesday so I wanted to give him a hug and say Happy Birthday! buuuuut, as my luck would have it..... I didn't see any of them. :( So I went home, and just chilled until I went to bed around 11. Which means that I was going almost 2 days with about 6-8 hours of sleep, but those were not consistent! Haha! I was TIRED.
July 2nd
Remember what I was saying about being tired? I guess I was EXHAUSTED because I slept in until noon... so I didn't bother getting ready for the rest of the day. Stayed in my jammies. Didn't get ready. But I think I deserved and worked for it! Haha! ;) I don't even think I ate anything.... oops. Oh well! haha yeah, nothing too crazy went on today. The rest of the family besides the girls are up at Grandparents Severtson's cabin up in Forest Lakes for the week. Kami had to work today and half of tomorrow so we're gonna head up tomorrow night. I'm feeling a bit sick, it's just a little cough and a bit of a stuffy nose, so I'm just gonna let my immune system take care of it! I'm not worried!
July 3rd
I was wrong about "letting my immune system take care of it!" I should have loaded up on meds because my throat is on FIRE. It feels like I have strep throat all over again! I didn't get my tonsils taken out for nothing! This shouldn't be happening, but I'm gonna be optimistic because I don't even know for sure what it is. All I know is that my head is pounding. I think it's Jonah's fault. He was feeling the same way in Havasupai and he kept breathing and coughing all over me! I am gonna pounce on that kid when I get enough energy! All the pain that should have been felt in my legs is definitely being felt in the back of my throat!! :( It KILLS!! I loaded up on meds today and I was actually feeling pretty good! Until right before we left..... then the pain came back but I had already packed the medicine in the trunk.... I couldn't hear anything, I couldn't breathe/laugh/sing/yawn/cough/swallow/do ANYTHING that involved my throat and I was on the verge of crying the ENTIRE four hour drive. And because it was dark, and Kami had never been that way before so it took a lot longer than it normally should have, so it was soooo miserable for me. :( Also, we couldn't find the house because there were no lights or markers, AND we had NO service, just this roaming service that charges a TON of money to use so we didn't want to use that... finally we found the house and I found my mom and just cried and cried and cried. And then I cried some more. It was a rough day. I would have felt better if I dropped my skull on the counter and it cracked open, it had SO much pressure up there!! Plus we weren't up in Utah and so that was killing me. Basically I was NOT feeling good at all, whatsoever. All I needed to do was cry. :( I finally got to sleep.
July 4th
Bring on the day. I woke up actually early and my mom made me one of my favoritest breakfast foods ever: cinnamon sugar waffles with chocolate chips.... and I had two. And then I felt sick. I think that I had a full body detox at Havasupai that even just a little bit of junk makes me totally sick. And I love it! But not the sick feeling part.... it's a love/hate thing because I looooove chocolate and sugar and stuff, but I looooooove fruit and healthy stuff at the same time, I just don't eat a lot of it because we don't have a lot of it. And it's so annoying!! But I wanted to throw up. And I couldn't. I just kind of sat around for a few hours with my aunts and uncles, and of course they were teasing me about anything and everything because they're like that! Haha it was highly amusing but I wasn't quite in the mood to tease back.... so I fell asleep on the floor, until all the little cousins came out and started playing cards.. I think they might have been talking to me about something, but I just got up and fell asleep in the bed I was in earlier.... well, a few hours later my mom came in and kicked me out and moved me to another room because Keta came and by default, aunts and uncles get bedrooms no matter what circumstance, so I was still asleep for a couple of hours... and I think around 5 I woke up. And it did not feel like the Fourth. At all. And I was so sad. Nothing was the same. We couldn't even have fireworks!!! :( I was so sad the entire day. I didn't want to be, this was supposed to be a fun holiday with my Clark family up in Northern Utah celebrating and remembering my dad... and I was with my step family (don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE them and all, but it's not the same because they didn't know my dad) in an unfamiliar place, no one even talked about my dad, not even my mom, I don't even know if they were THINKING about him, and I was still super sick..... I was very emotional all day. Geez, I sound like a brat. I don't even mean to, but I get so attached to little things like what I am used to. Actually, it's not a little thing, it's my life!! :( I spent the rest of the evening playing cards with my aunts, and that helped get my mind off of things. It was a lot of fun, we played Farkle, Uno, Nertz, etc. I lost all of them. Haha that always happens when I play with JuLee!! I think she rigs it! ;P Haha it seriously did NOT feel like the 4th... I texted the Cluffs to tell Cal Happy Birthday for me, but they never responded.. :( and I had a voicemail from Ashlyn that made my CRY some more! Haha she talked about when we were younger and when we were in California in Jen's granny flat and we would put Coldplay and Jonas Brother's CDs in a DVD player and jam out... we were such dorks!! haha! That's why we're best friends. We say the stupidest things and do the dumbest things and think we're SO hilarious... we are, but we aren't at the same time. So she left me a voicemail and I just miss her so much! Shea Lenna sent me a text about today, and that was it! It was all I really needed. :) I just can't believe it's been FIVE years...
July 5th
I woke up early again, enjoyed the nice cool weather because me and Kami were leaving at 8 because she had to work at noon. So I ate breakfast. Packed up all my stuff. Said goodbye. Went off along our way! We made it home in about two hours, with the windows rolled down all the way home! It felt SO nice!! :) When we got home I took another nap, but it was SO HOT in the house since we turned our AC off for a few days.... aahhh it was terrible. But now I'm sitting here watching wedding shows on Netflix because I like good crying and just the happiness of weddings! Aahh I want one... not right now though... maybe in like 4-5 years. ;) Me and Kami are sitting here planning our future weddings... haha! It's so funny. :) Maybe soon this will be real. ;) After that.... well, background: we have an obsession with croissants.... so we tried a couple of different fillings for croissants around 10:30 that night! We did cream cheese frosting and cinnamon sugar, smores, chocolate peanut butter, and plain ones with peach raspberry jam! And they were soooooo good! My favorites are the cream cheese cinnamon ones :) we usually make pizza roll things or garlic bread with them, but we were feeling a need for sugar so we went all out!! Haha it was fuuuun! :D I love making/sneaking food in the middle of the night with her, it's become a tradition practically on a weekly basis. We decided that in our future lives we're gonna have an endless supply of croissants and have croissant reciple exchange parties, and our husband's will probably divorce us because we love croissants more than we love them. ;) haha! We are just so hilarious.
July 6th
My cousin Taylor woke me up with a cute text today! She is so sweet! Love her! I'm gonna see her in a few weeks, and I'm so excited! Ashlyn called me this morning and we just talked about everything there is to talk about, I LOVE HER TO DEATH. She is my best friend in the whole world and I don't know how I could get through life without her, she is exactly what I need in my hardest times. We just talked about the good old days, hard times we're going through.... etc. I just love how we can talk about ANYTHING and we can talk for hours on end! She's one of the few people who I can just be around forever and never get bored or sick of! I miss her! :(
The rest of my day was pretty boring... I sat around, played piano, worked on my online class, watched some more My Fair Wedding.... yup. It's really annoying at meal times because WE HAVE NO FOOD in this house!! The family took seriously almost everything up to the cabin with them. We have saltine crackers, pasta, cake mix, and spices..... I mean we have stuff to eat, but it requires effort and creativity and TIME to put together. So it's not worth it. I've been eating yogurt for almost every meal for the past two days. I'm ready for my family to come home. ;P A couple of weeks ago, it was just me and Kami at home YET AGAIN, and she walked in and was like "Where's dinner??" haha! It was so funny! We're just so used to having food ready for us... I know that sounds really bad, and really it's not ALWAYS like that, but we probably should get outta that mindset. ;) I'm still feeling sick! Yesterday I was feeling pretty good, it's mostly at night when my sore throat gets the best of me. :( I'm starting to get a cough and that plus a scratchy throat = no bueno. I want to be healthy again!! So as soon as I can breathe properly again I can go running and actually do something other than sit around and eat greek yogurt. It's really frustrating! My buff leg muscles from Havasupai are dwindling!! ahh! I just need two things, my health and food. Something else, too.... but that is coming soon, hopefully!! ;)
July 7th
Finally Saturday!! It's about time!! So I got up around 9, and as I'm playing piano, I hear this weird noise and all of a sudden, everything in my house that uses electricity SHUTS DOWN. Completely! But just for a second, then EVERYTHING turns back on, even stuff that wasn't on! It was like a scene from a scary movie and I thought that the house was gonna blow up or something... Anyways, I had a lot planned for the day that involved te Internet... Too bad this mysterious electrical surge completely shut down our wifi network!! Gah! I was SO determined to work on my online class all day today! But now I can't! And my parents never answer their phones when I need to get a hold of them...so now I'm trying to think of things that I can do for the rest of the day in 2012 that DON'T involve the Internet... Turns out.... EVERYTHING DOES! I knew I should have rented that book from the library! Boo.
Anyways, I get a call from Sister Kasper and she asked if I can give a talk in church TOMORROW about tithing.... Awesommmmeeeee. How am I supposed to write a talk with no other resources?! Of course I willingly accept because I've learned that even when you are fake excited about something, you end up being happier with te situation. I wasn't sad or anything, wasn't I just saying that I haven't given a talk in a while?? Haha I guess I had found something to do for the rest of the day. I dug into books and such and wrote my talk in about half an hour.
Awesome. What am I supposed to do for the remaining 14 I have left?!
So, I sewed a bag from my mind. Didn't have a pattern. Just made it up as I went, and it's actually super cute! The straps won't carry much weight, but that's okay! I also did some other little sewing projects, too. Now that it was 11 o'clock... I played the piano, read a 400 page book of quotes and stories, tried ad failed to fix the wifi... And then got the mail.. I got a letter from Zach!! :D aaaaand my Friday I'm in Love Tshirt came in!! I was SO happy!! :D
And hungry. Did I mention that the family took EVERYTHING with them?? Seriously. We have nothing. And I'm starving.
Luckily Kami came home earlier and we went to Briana's house with Haylee, Bryndee, and Josh to watch movies and hang out. I gorged myself on pretzels and watermelon cubes. It was the best thing I've had all week!! Haha! And that is pretty sad.
We watched The Skeleton Key! It was pretty suspenseful and had a weird twist at the end. Oh my gosh, but it was SO funny making comments and predictions with Josh! He is HILARIOUS! I wish I got to hang out with him more. :/ but were planning a scary movie night at his house sometime soon!! :) I'm excited!
After that, me, Kami, and Maizey ran to Fry's to get some garlic bread and pasta sauce. We're going to have good meals tomorrow!
The family is staying until Monday now... Gahhh! I want them back!
No comments:
Post a Comment