September 21, 2012

Super September

September 9th

OHMYGOOOSH. Had to wake up and get on the road by 7:30. I shouldn't have stayed up till midnight. :P We had to wait for the breakfast to open up at exactly 7 this morning.. couldn't give it to us 15 minutes early. So we chilled. And then ate our yummy breakfast. <3 And then were on our way. IT FELT SOOO GOOD OUTSIDE. It was probably 60 degrees outside, and had that chilly Fall morning wetness to it.. ahhhh. I live for those temperatures.. it killed me to think that when we got back we would be going back to high 90s if we were lucky. But we drove through some rain both ways, so I wasn't too upset. We didn't jam out because it was Sunday, so our jam sessions were limited  to Josh Groban and some other random "Sunday" artists. :P Whatever. I read the last of The Fault in Our Stars by John Green... BEST. BOOK. EVER. Ahh it made me cry approximately 6 times.. it was the cutest/saddest book I've ever read. It.. ah I can't even describe it. Just read it. I'll start crying again.
Maizey also read most of it on the way home, if that tells you how good it is! We finally got home, but too late for Sacrament meeting. So we got there about 10 minutes before it ended, but then the speaker kept going on and on and on.. Sunday school was great! It's getting a lot better, thankfully. We're still not united as a class quite yet, and that's because of the major clique issue in my ward, but every ward has them. :P But Young Women's was also great. I'm still suuuuper awkward when I'm conducting the opening exercises.. but that's expected of me. Yup. Sunday was gooooood. It was weird thinking that I was in California earlier this morning!

September 10th

RAAAAAIIIINNNNN... remember what I said about it being hot at home? WRONG! Hehe apparently we stole the temps from Cali and they got our heat wave. It was 100 over there and it was in the 80s over here this weeks. <3 ahhh loooooove. And the rain was the highlight of my day. Nothing to report. :P

September 11th

I will probably get shot for saying this... but I really dislike 9/11. Don't get me wrong, I still participate and remember all those who died and whatnot... but it was such a long time ago, and most of us were not even in 1st grade when it happened. I have very vague memories of that day. And I get it that it's important to recognize everything, but I feel like it's kind of blown out of proportion a tad. I dunno. I guess after 11 years of celebrating, it's a little mundane. Please don't kill me. I still cry and get emotional over the videos they show us in History, but it feels kind of strange for all of the repetitive propaganda and such.. But it rained today, which kind of added to the eerie feeling. :P Yearbook was all over the coverage they were getting. Cool. I don't have any deadlines, I just have to make templates for every single page and fix design errors and photoshop stuff. So I don't really feel a part of YB, and I know I'm the most important one, and I don't want deadlines, and I'm happy with what I'm doing, so I should stop thinking negatively. It's probably the rain.
But I started my job today!! It was really weird. Their older sister showed up and stuck around the entire time, so I felt like I couldn't do my job unless she left. So I didn't do as much as I normally would have because it felt like I was getting babysat while babysitting her younger siblings, so it's like why should I have to pick up after her? kind of thing.

September 12th

Lauren came back today! Yay! She was also in Cali while I was there, but she went to DLand... and got the heat! Hehe! ;)
Work was good... I did a lot more because the sister wasn't chilling and eating chips in the kitchen for an hour.. yup. Still kind of awkward, I have to force the kids to do their homework. :P Hopefully it'll get better!!
MUTUAL. This is what I've been waiting for! Class unity!! Glory, glory, hallelujah!! We all decided that we needed to have unity/support/friendship, etc. So you know what we did? WE MADE IT HAPPEN. Just like that. I seriously don't know how it happened, but it did, and I'm sooo glad it did! And it doesn't feel like one of those things when we show up on Sunday and act like we don't know each other... this could be the start of a very wonderful thing. We went around and assessed all of our personality traits, (I got the same scoring type as Lexi Olsen and Alison Elg... weird! I thought we were all nothing alike, but now picking apart everything, we are all exactly alike... maybe that's why I had a hard time liking them in the beginning, but I love them now! We all said that, too actually.. Kinda funny how that all works out with our dominant personalities..) ;) But that really helped me understand each of the girls better. I thought it was really beneficial! And now we have all these super fun activities planned.. I'm excited! Normally I wouldn't be.. but we're going to be united!!! :D

September 13th

Today I worked. And did something kind of scary.

I APPLIED FOR NORTHERN ARIZONA UNIVERSITY.

Holy dang. Did I really just do that?? I'm just a baby! I don't know what college is!! :O It scared me. Kinda.

September 14th

I went to Yogurt Jungle with Kami tonight!! :) We haven't been in a LOOOONG time. It was so good. :) This time we loaded up on the chocolate and peanut butter.. usually we get fruit and such.. but not this time! hehe. Then we sat outside because it felt so nice outside! Talked about out problems, walked around Target... oh my goodness. They have the CUTEST sweaters right now! I'm a sucker for sweaters. And if they have stripes on them? I MUST HAVE. Haha I'm addicted. Half of my closet is stripes. 2/3 of that are sweaters. I wear them yearround. I don't care if it's July. I loooove my sweaters. :)
Later we watched Flowers in the Attic.. not nearly as scary as we remembered it.. oh well. :P

September 15th

It is going to be a very interesting day...
I went over to Lauren's house and brought all my Smashbook supplies with me. We spent the whole day Smashbooking and being obnoxious and weird, the usual. I got us some 32 oz sodas at QT and brought them over. Strawberry Fanta + Sprite... ahhhh amazing. Lauren gets Vanilla Dr. Pepper.. which is SO good, but I'm trying to cut caffeine out of my life permanently. Sometimes I slip.. but I've done really well for the past few months!! :) Not that it was a huge problem before or anything, I hardly ever have soda, and when I do it's usually root beer, red cream soda, or sprite or something like that. Mostly just water for me!
I got caught up on the new season of Doctor Who.. I dunno how I feel about the new companion.. she appeared on the first episode.. which was whack anyways. Yeah so it's going to be an interesting transition because I dearly love Amy and Rory, no matter how dysfunctional they are. :) I might cry when Oswin takes over.. :( So watched the other two, which are always the weird pointless adventure ones (the next few episodes after the premiere. I don't know how I feel about this new season! It's different in the ways that they changed the opening sequence, it's much darker and might I add very unprofessional.. :P The font overlay changes with the theme of the episode, and the fonts are very dumb, and the time warp tunnel looks like they ran it through a cheap Instagram filter. :P Each episode the title gets darker, which is probably a visual for how the Doctor's personality is also getting darker as the mysterious fate of Amy and Rory approaches. :( We also had Sam and Ryan over... first time all four of us were in the same house in a while... it turned out A LOT better than we were expecting!! We later watched Adventure Time.. OKAY. Weirdest, trippiest, whackiest show I have EVER seen. But it was so addicting! So colorful and random things happened all the time.. it was highly amusing, but so strange at the same time. I think it's hypnotic, because we could not look away.. even now I'm still tripped out over it... gaaah.
Later we made cupcakes, and then watched some Breaking Amish (they record young adult Amish kids as they leave their Amish communities and follow them into the real world.. again.. CRAZY! These kids went insane. They had DUIs after the first couple of days, were drinking, partying, etc. Which backs up my theory that totally keeping the world from kids is not a good idea because once they're out on their own.. Breaking Amish happens!!) Then we watched Abby & Brittany, a series about a set of conjoined twins.. they have two heads, two personalities, two sets of lungs, stomachs, brains, etc. but they share one body.. it was whack, man. The whole night was just full of whacked out things. It was really entertaining, but soo strange. Overall, the night turned out quite splendidly in my opinion. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment