I bought a jean shirt the other day, and I wore it to church today with a floral skirt.. and it was awesome. I like dressing differently. It's fun. No one else understands my outfits... but I think they're cute, and no one else could pull them off. ;)
Church was great, as usual! :) I was in a really good mood today, for some reason! Not to say that I'm not usually in a good mood, but usually I'm quiet during church because it's my spiritual time and I want to soak it all in and not socialize a whole bunch. But today I was pretty talkative! I probably shouldn't have been because now I don't really remember what we all talked about.. oops..
We went over to the grandparents house again. Ate some food. Sat in the massage chair.
Yup.
September 24th
I worked today. Yup. I don't usually work Mondays.. so I can tell that this is going to be a long week! Almost done with 1/4 of my senior year... only 3 left... yikes... didn't know it would come this fast and this slow at the same time..
September 25th
I got sang to today in my first hour.. Haha! Marcus and Adam like to do weird stuff to make me smile, because I'm usually not happy in that class because I dislike my teacher, the subject, how she teaches, and the fact that it's a hard class and Marcus and Adam do weird stuff. ;) But they make it bearable, I'll give that to them! So now all the kids in my class sing this "THE SUN'LL COME OUT! TOMORROW! BET YER BOTTOM DOLLAR, THERE'LL BE SUN!" whenever they see me. Just like last year my duck alarm tone went off in class, and they quacked whenever they saw me.. QC kids are weird people... but I love them, despite my weirded out facial expressions and frankness. Work again today.. and I had to stay an extra hour because there was no one there to watch the younger two kids. And then we had the missionaries over for dinnner... I miss our old missionaries. :( these ones are awkward.. and one of them, the cool one, isn't even ours! He's just visiting for the day.. oh well.. maybe they're gonna get better? We then had our home teachers over, which is always a fun time! :) I love Gideon and Brother Delgado! Seriously, they're amazing
September 26th
I have been looking forward to today since last week! Yay! Wednesdays! They just make me happy because they're the halfway there mark of the week.. and Mutual is this day! I wore the shirt Lauren gave me, and I think it looks quite lovely on me! Thanks, girl! ;) You have good taste. I only worked for an hour today, so that balanced out yesterday. But Mutual was seriously so much fun! We played Bunco, a dice rolling game. I lost. Badly. Haha! When I was at the winners table with Cal, we won the first round! (..he won the first round, big surprise, eh?) and then I lost the second, which meant I had to go to the last table.. and so I sat there, and I sat there, and sat there, and sat there, and did so for the next ELEVEN rounds.. I didn't even move seats!! Haha that's how badly I was at this dice rolling game! Correction: the odds were not in my favor. I was told that gambling should not be in my future... good advice, I suppose. But of course I kept looking over at Cal and he was there at the winners table for 7 rounds... only him.. ;P Haha but he lost, amazingly, and came to my table for the last four rounds. And even when he was my parter again we STILL lost.. I guess I'm just bad luck! He broke my losing streak. ;) I thought for sure I'd get a prize for losing the most rounds... but Mogame lost all 12!!! Haha I LOST AT LOSING. How embarrassing! Who does that?! But I won a candle for having the least amount of points.. ooops.. And then we had crepes which were yummy. But the night was tons of fun! I think it went over quite swimmingly for our first Priest/Laurel activity :)
September 27th
It's Porter's birthday!! He's finally 17!! Took him long enough.. that just means that I'll be 17 and 1 month old tomorrow.. cray cray! Today was the last full day of school in the first quarter! And it wasn't a good day.
I totally failed my math test.. like THE worst grade I have ever gotten... and I was really upset.. and I hate to say this but I started to get a little teary eyed. And then my teacher is letting me retake my test, THANK GOODNESS. Miracles.
The rest of my day was pretty good, I guess. My skin is no longer burning whenever I go outside, so that's always a plus. We cleaned out our yearbook room today and found such cool stuff! Old polaroids, OLD film cameras, angle finders, ink mixers, etc. It was so cool! But we can't keep the stuff because it's still technically school property.. :P I want that stuff! But those old cameras were SO cool!!
September 28th
Well... today was the last day of school before break!! I was SO excited to be a quarter way through my senior year, until I realized that I only have three of those left... YOWZA!
Luckily, the day went pretty quickly for a half day! I got doughnuts and QT. And that's all I ate until I got to the cabin after school..
It was one of those typical days that just you can FEEL it's a day before a break.. everyone is awake and excited :) Love it!!
A few hours after school got out, we headed up to the cabin. The girls are only gonna stay until Monday thank goodness. Not that I don't like the cabin or whatever, but it's kind of boring unless you have people you actually like there. ;) Just kidding, of course I like my family.
We watched a movie: Sarah's Key. And it was sooooooo good!! :) I loved it! It was a foreign film, set in Paris about a woman who finds out the apartment she is renovating belonged to a Jewish family who was arrested in the pre-Holocaust. And it does all these flashbacks showing the girl Sarah and her journey escaping out of a concentration camp and going back to her house to unlock the closet her brother was hiding in. SPOILERS: He dies. She kills herself after moving to America. The woman's husband leaves her because she won't have an abortion. She names her daughter Sarah. The end. Although it kind of was a bit creepy, because there was a dead little boy in the closet in this house that another family lived in after her's was arrested. That was kind of morbid, yet I find that stuff super interesting. It's so bad. I promise I'm not super creepy. I just find creepy psychological thrillers interesting because of how the brain works.
I hate sleeping in beds that aren't mine. It wasn't really even a bed, just a makeshift one with a memory foam cover on top, which KILLED my ribcage and lungs. See, I already have compressed ribs which hit my lungs weird if I sleep weird, ya know? Which is why the bed I've had since I was like four is MY bed. Haha! Plus it was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cold. And I couldn't sleep because I didn't want the fan on, but I have to have it on for white noise while I sleep or I get a huge headache and can't sleep. Yay.
September 29th
I think my toes got frostbite..
Today I did a whole bunch of my online class. I'm getting there! But when I do... PARTY AT MY HOUSE. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment