http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4FJ5NTeL9c good song, by the way. Makes me think of growing up.
Fast Sunday... we got ready and headed off to church, like every Sunday.. Austin was shooting his rifle from the front porch, and stopped to wave us "Hello!"
We live in the ghetto.
Or Hill Billy Central.
Either is appropriate.
However, Queen Creek is the 4th safest place to live in the United States, so it can't be all that bad. ;)
Church was fabulous today! As it is every Sunday. I finally recognized that the shaking hands, and the rapid beats in my heart in testimony meeting is the Spirit telling me to get up there... oops. I guess that means that almost every Fast Sunday I should bear my testimony.. so today I did something crazy. I got up. Walked myself up to the stand. Sat down. Stood up. And bore my testimony for the first time in that ward. And it honestly felt so good. After I got up there, a whole bunch of youth came up and bore theirs. They helped me to be not so nervous. But I felt so good after I bore mine, because that thought had been on my mind since June that I should share that experience, and I just never got around to it because I never actually processed that in my mind. And a lot of people thanked me for sharing my experience, which was really nice to hear! I was thinking that no one would really say anything to me because.. well, I don't know why, but there is always that little hint of self doubt. Thankfully, mine is getting smaller and smaller. ;)
Always improving! Or, as my online teacher says when he accidentally moves the PowerPoint slide back instead of forward, "Oh man, I keep going backward. I want to go forward. Remember, never go backwards. Always go forwards!" ... everyday.. haha he tries to give advice, asks questions, etc.. I wonder if he knows that he is talking to a camera that has been teaching six years of students..
Anyways, the rest of my day was absolutely awesome. :) My life is beautiful. Just saying. I feel bad for people who aren't me, because my life is THAT great. It's not perfect, but it is MINE and it's exactly what I need. <3 I don't know why, but I'm especially grateful for who I am today. Just one of those reflective days, as my Sundays usually are. Sister Kasper gave an AMAZING lesson.. oh man. Chills. :)
I Indexed today for the first time in a long while. Forgot that I like it so much. :) It's a really cool connection to the past, seeing their sa-weet calligraphy handwriting, and just basic information about them... they're not just names, which is the cool part. They're actual people who are over 100 years old now... I am such a dork... but I love things of the past. :) I always think about how my present and future will become the past, and that's part of the reason I blog about every single day. I'm such a nerd, I know. But what are ya gonna do about it? ;)
When we got home, we made breakfast for dinner, and it was delicious! We've come a considerably long way since the first days when we were left home alone. The first time we had yogurt and bread for dinner. The second time we made spaghetti and garlic bread. This time we made hashbrowns, eggs, turkey and mozarella cheese puffs, cinnamon toast, and we were going to make brownies, but we fell asleep while watching Somewhere in Time... that music is so peaceful! And we were in a food coma... oh food comas... :P
But my family came home tonight! I'm always so happy when I see them again. :)
September 3rd
LABOR DAY. Whooo! But we had to do chores, which totally defeats the whole entire dang purpose. :P Haha but it was a great day!! :) Wanna know why?? No, well then stop reading my blog!
Todayyy... we went over to the Cluff's house for a BBQ! Yess! I was soo happy when I found out. Well, me and Cal were trying to get something together, but as of yesterday, nothing was set in stone, so I was thinking that we probably wouldn't do anything.. but it turns out I was wrong. :) I don't mind being wrong sometimes. ;)
Anyways, it was the best day ever as is every encounter with the Cluffs. We played badminton, ate some yummy dinner which Cal burned. ;) and I dunno, just laughed and made dumb jokes at each other's expenses. I honestly just love being with them! It's like they should have been my other family or something. It's always a good time. :D We don't even have to be doing anything extravagant.. usually just playing card games, getting dirty and sweaty, or just sitting by each other in church! And I love that. Being able to be so chill and low maintenance. Seriously, I do not know how high maintenance people function!! Always fussing about something or someone. :P Where is the fun in life? Personally for me it's in the getting dirt under my nails, sweat in my face, leaves in my hair, and blisters and cuts on my hands and feet. I know that sounds really weird for a teenage girl to say, but I never grew out of the playing in the mud stage. :) I love being me. You should try it sometime, it's quite fun. ;) Two years ago we were in Slide Rock with the Worthingtons and Treseders, and me and Kami didn't bring our swimsuits, so we just sat in the shade people watching and bonding over certain questionable individuals... haha I like to look back on anniversaries.. speaking of which, I got a 7 month one tomorrow!
September 4th
Considering that it is now practically Saturday, and Tuesday was more like a Monday.. I don't remember much of this day.. :P Nope. I got nothing! Sorry, folks. :( The only thing exciting that happened was that we started officially making the clay heads for our artist project.. and mine looked like Charles Muntz from UP.
September 5th
Wednesday! I was kind of scared for Mutual all day... because Brother Elg was in charge.. and all we knew was that it had something to do with his gymnastics. He was ranked #1 in the nation during most of the 80's and 90's for all these fancy terms that I can't think of or spell. Anyways, he traveled all over the world for his gymnastics, and was going to the 1992 Olympics in Spain.. that is until he realized that his mission would overlap them. So he made the hard decision to go on a mission instead. And it turns out, that he did go back to gymnastics but returned even better than before, despite taking a two year break when gymnasts are required to have very limited breaks. He talked about having the right strength, flexibility, and air sense that we all need, even though he was relating them to gymnastics terms. It was an amazing presentation!! Not at all what I expected, but it was still suuuuuper good! He showed us a lot of the film that he had from when he was at BYU and other competitions. HE WAS AMAZING. Oh my lanta. I could not believe that that was HIM! Crazy stuff. Now he's in the BYU Hall of Fame, no lie. Some people just have it all. ;) But I know it took him a TON of work, dedication, and effort. Good job, Brother Elg!! Thanks for sharing that with us. :)
Cal still hasn't given me that drawing he said for my birthday! It's been over a week! Haha I am more than willing to get him something for his late birthday if he actually gets it to me. ;)
September 6th
A COLLEGE FAIR CAME AND VISITED OUR SCHOOL TODAY. Is this really happening?? I was sort of expecting them to say, "Oh jay-kay. You guys aren't actually graduating. That's a myth. We stopped it because everyone loves high school way too much, and your class is going to be a project where you just stay f o r e v e r." Simply because this type of school is all I've ever known. Well, I guess it's slowly starting to be that time to grow up.. yikes.
Yeah, so 8 colleges in AZ came and talked to us. Me and Lauren talked to EAC, NAU, and ASU. I've just assumed my whole life I'd be going to ASU because most of my family has gone there, but after talking with NAU... I have a pretty good feeling about that school. I've kind of put all other colleges out of my options, and forgot about NAU.. but the more I research and think about it, the more excited I get! Which is weird because last week I was freaking out about college... I don't feel that way with this one. So NAU just might be my college. Plus, they are originally a teaching school, so they know what they're doing and they're the only one who has the degree that I want: Career and Technical Secondary Education (which is your Graphic Design/Photo/Yearbook/CAD teachers) which is exactly what I want to do. PLUS Lauren also wants to go there, and if we both did that would be just marvelous because I could room with her and then not have to worry about living away from home totally. So, I'm going to look more into that and start applying for schools and colleges here pretty soon. Pray for me that I'll make the right decisions! :)
Well, today was splendid! I was gonna go to the Temple later that day, so I was in a good mood all day long! :) Lauren wasn't, however. She didn't want to go with me, but later she said she should have! TOLD YOU SO. ;) Haha but it's okay... not like she missed out or anything. Just blessings, and a cute RM who baptized us (and literally swept me off my feet), and anything we wanted at DQ. You know. Nothing too big. ;) But it was a great experience!! :) It was a stake assignment, so we were running into lots of Youth there, which was cool to see them in a Temple setting rather than outside of school. My bro Derrick was there!! :D Always a pleasure seeing him! :) Turns out I can't watch Doctor Who online because I unfortunately, do not have the privilege of living in Australia... why does everyone hate Americans?? :(
September 7th
FRIDAY. Finally! I couldn't tell if this week felt longer or shorter.. but it didn't matter because IT RAINED ALL DAY LONG. Let me repeat that: ALL. DAY. LONG. Yes folks, Arizona has FINALLY figured out how rain is supposed to work.. took her almost 100 years, but hey, better late than never. ;) Everyone in first hour was DRENCHED. And it continued to be so all the way until the end of 6th hour. It was cray cray. Hahahaha Lauren told me this story that her friend Bonita said that there was a freshman girl walking around the Red Mountain campus, near their concrete ampitheatre which just so happened to be FULL of rain water and such... the girl fell in somehow, COMPLETELY SUBMERGED, and was soaking wet... the poor thing!! It was SO funny, but I'm so glad it wasn't me. I love the rain. ;) My hair was great before it started raining.... but then the humidity got to it making it frizzy/Mufasa... and then it got wet, making it curly again but not in the way it should be! It was looking pretty bad, but I just kind of gave up after fourth hour trying to fix it because luckily, EVERYONE at school was having a bad hair day.. So I didn't feel as ridiculous walking around campus with my natural mane. ;)
We had our cap and gown ordering assembly today.. oh my goodness. Do they have to keep rubbing it in that we're graduating?? Believe me, I'm as excited as the next person who just found out that they only have 148 days of normal public education left... but this early in the year for cap and gowns?? Holy dang... it is freaking me out. :P
After school I had my new job run down really quickly.. turns out I'll be "nanny"-ing for the Wilsons in my ward.. I just have to make sure they're doing their homework, drive them around places, cook them dinner, and clean up a bit. Tuesdays-Thursdays from 3-5. Weekends off. Holidays and breaks off. Not too shabby!! I'm excited though, it's like my first "real" job here.. and it's just like an extended babysitting job.. good thing I'm the "Best Babysitter Ever!" - all 5 Palmer girls, and 2 Caldwell boys. ;)
I took like a four hour nap accidentally... and I'M GOING TO CALIFORNIA TOMORROW! Eeeep! It's seriously less than a day because I'll be back on Sunday morning, but it's for Kayla's wedding.. but I'm mostly excited to see ASHLYN. <3 <3 <3. Yay!!
(I wore my Friday I'm In Love t-shirt (for the 3rd time this year..) but people JUST now understood it and I believe I jumped up a few spots in the social ladder for being so hip. Even the... wait for it... valedictorian appreciated it! Pinch me, I'm dreaming. :P ) Haha I also talked about embroidery wheels/hoops for like an hour... thanks Lauren. :P
September 8th
TODAY IS THE DAY!! CALIFORNIAAAAAAAA! :) I just LOVE it how we're only 6 hours away from happiness, my family, D-Land, and the beach. <3 Normally, I don't like the beach, but it's growing on me again. What is this?! Anyways, we left around 5:30 this morning. And of course, we jammed out to music in the car. Mainly me and Maizey, sometimes Momma, but not Toby.. haha poor guy. He was trying to get ahead in his work while we were belting out songs from Anastasia and Aly &AJ. Oh, childhood. How I miss you sometimes. As the great words of Max King, "I miss the good old days where the only things I had to worry about were long division and when the next Harry Potter movie was coming out." AMEN, SISTA. Seriously, if I would have known the being an almost adult was gonna take so much work, I wouldn't have rushed through childhood so quickly. Then again, I'm still a kid on the inside. :) <3 thank goodness for that. Keeps me grounded. ANYWAYS, I also worked on my online class AND MY FIRST SEMESTER IS D-O-N-E DONE! :) Such a great feeling. It was the worst feeling trying to listen to my lecture when the wifi kept cutting out and what was supposed to be a 20 minute lesson, turned into an hour long broken record. :P But all I gotta do now is take my final and then work on the second semester which isn't as long as the first. Plus I plan to glue my butt into the chair and work on it all fall break long. Which is coming up!
We got to San Diego around one thirty, and then was at the temple waiting for the rest of the family to show up. They cam shortly after we arrived and got changed in the bathroom. I got ready before we left, but after six hours in the car, it looked like I fell back asleep. But car rides give me so much energy for some reason. I love 'em. Weirdest feeling walking into the temple with your street clothes... felt like I wasn't supposed to be in there!
So I knew today would be a hard day for Ashlyn... and I was preparing myself for that. She got to the temple with the saddest look I've ever seen on her face. It killed me! I knew that I'd be upset when Kami gets married and moves out, but would I look like her?? She was so upset and somewhat angry that this was all happening. I dunno, I just hope that I wouldn't be so upset when Kami leaves us. I will be, and I'll experience all that Ash has... maybe. I just gave her a long hug and that brought on the tears for the rest of the day. While Kayla and Jordan were in the Temple, us cousins and all the bridesmaids got the babysitting job. And oh my gosh. Three little babies. ALL of them were SCREAMING. And to make it worse, their sealing was running late, and took FOREVER. (hehe) and they would not stop. I got one of them to calm down, as long as he was chewing on my shoulder. :/ Yup, but it was great having most of the family back in one spot again because I can't remember the last time.
Finally their photographer came and was able to calm down one of the babies, thank goodness. I saw the sister missionary that was in the Mormon Batallion at the Temple! It was really funny running into her again. I forgot how funny my cousins are... holy dang. HILARIOUS. I love my second cousins, too. Our grandmas are twins, so naturally both of our huge families are always around each other for everything, which is really neat because a lot of people don't have that. And it just adds on to all of the names I have to remember..
The wedding proceeded, we anxiously awaited them to walk out, and when they did.. Ash broke down. It was now finally done and settled, even though it had been for about half an hour.. her best and closest friend leaving her for her new adventure... I can't help but think that that will be Kami, and then me.. I feel bad for Maizey!! Wow. She's a tough one. Yeah so Ash broke down, didn't even want to look/hug/talk to Kayla... and then Jordan's little brother was crying out of sadness.. there were a lot of tears... but they weren't all tears of happiness. I teared up a little because, it's the Temple for one, and because it was such a tender thing to see Kayla set an example for the cousins that were there with all the family, and I know I will be doing that, too. So I just hugged Ashlyn and walked around with her.... I didn't feel like I was being that much of a help, but she insisted that I was.
Afterwards we went back to Jen's house to help set up for the reception. Which was crazy. I had to help out Ashlyn's crazy grandma... (THANKS JEN. :P ) who was nibbling on almonds the whole time. "I like nuts! I cut these ones out really tiny so we can snack on them!" ... oh boy. My in-laws better not be psycho. :P And I filled up water at tables, and set up stuff.. it was fun! I like doing that kind of stuff, strange as that is.
The dinner was good, food was great, company and conversation were hilarious, couple was cute, etc. There were no flowers because the florist bailed.. how rude! But it was still really nice. But I for sure want a HUGE wedding. Not like a fancy schmancy super expensive reception... I just want a ton of people to be there. All kabillion members of our families... it's gonna be PACKED. Especially since both of my parents are popular individuals in the Mormon Mesa commnity.. it will be the event of quite some time. ;) Plus I just wanna party! Sounds like me, yeah? ;)
We went back to the hotel later that night with all the cousins and we just chilled by the pool, made sarcastic remarks about fellow pool-dwellers, caused some problems, etc. I'm glad I was able to be there for the day. It was a LONG day, but worth it. I'm so glad that I could see Ashlyn today. We didn't do much talking, but I don't think we needed to.
No comments:
Post a Comment