October 26, 2012

New Idea!

Okay, I'm a slacker... actually, I'm busy beyond belief! This is me writing about things that happened two weeks ago. So, I'm gonna just write little tid bits here and there as well as the more important things of my week. But not giving myself a strict guidline of saying, "Hey punk, write about every single day of your life" ... You may now not hear from me all that often. But you will. Because I write down topics I want to write about, so it's not like I'm forgetting this blog or whatever. It's more like, because I need to focus on other things, I'm going to focus on this a bit less. I am really good, however, at keeping track of stuff. I have a detailed calendar in my room with important events and occurrences. And I'm listening to music while I'm writing this, so I've probably said the same thing at least four times, so I'll just get on with this.

For the week of October 14-20:

It was SPIRIT WEEK! And I'll give Queen Creek High School some positive feedback for once. It was pretty dang good! It made school bearable, and it was actually entertaining and dare I say, enjoyable? Yes. Enjoyable. So much, that I dressed up for 4 out of the 5 days. Yeah. I went a little crazy. ;) Not really, but I want to have more spirit days! In fact, I think they should be encouraged, because whenever you see those kids who dress up for whatever national holiday it is, gosh, it just makes my day that much better! We had Breast Cancer Awareness, College, Superhero, Club, and Extreme Purple and Gold days.. I like my high school, I really do. No matter how angry or unamused I come off as, I actually like being at school with the people I am with. No one sees it, but I like you QCHS, I do. :)

Some highlights of that school week were: Adam TOTALLY dancing to Gangnam Style. Perfectly. It seriously made my whole Senior Year. Thank you, sir. You rock. And now I have this strange desire to learn the whole dance and do it when I hear it next.

We had a "Lip" Dub this week. We tried to copy WFHS and theirs a few years ago.. it was so much fun! We had a half day schedule on Tuesday, but for the remaining 3 or so hours, everyone who was in a club was a part of the dub. And I am in Graphic Design and Yearbook club, obviously. Anywho, they were pretty close together, so I had to RUN across campus along with half of the school to beat the cameras and get set up over at Yearbook. They did four takes.. and of course the ONE take where I fell off the chair made it into the video, and I've had a few people come up to me and ask if I was the one at 5:10 who fell off the chair.. so embarrassing, but I love it at the same time! Because that's gotta make at least thirty overly observant kids smile. ;) I would laugh at me, too. But by far the COOLEST part of the lip dub was when the whole school gathered in the courtyard and started chanting "Q-C-H-S! Q-C-H-S!" over and over and over again. Funny how moments like that where the energy is so powerful of all these annoying and hormonal teenagers who are constantly battling for attention among themselves constantly when we all come together. It gave me chills, it sounds ridiculous and cheesy, but it was so amazing! I just wish I was on the roof capturing it all, but instead I was holding a GIANT golden glittered "2", a part of the "2013" which is featured nicely in the opening of the yearbook, and you can see my big smiling face, along with like one thousand other kids, which in itself is AWESOME. AV club is awesome. No further comments.

Wednesday for mutual we had our Evening in Excellence... my LAST Evening in Excellence as a Youth.. lately I've been doing lots of "lasts" and there will only be more and more to come, so why not go out with a bang!, right? So as a sidenote, I have made it a goal of mine to just live in the moment and be awesome. ;)
So I was asked to speak about Knowledge and bring in that project. So I brought in my Yearbooks and camera and displayed them all nicely. My talk went great, as Knowledge, it's the fourth value. Maizey was also asked to speak about Diving Nature, the second value.. and by her turn, she wasn't ready. She was shaking from being so nervous. But I don't know why. She's in a room FULL of loving and supportive people she's known for years, and she knows that they will never say anything negative to her... she just wasn't feeling her Diving Nature at the moment. But here's the cool thing: I was there for her. Normally, I'm not that great of a sister, and I just kind of brush her aside and do my own thing.. but she's a fragile little thing... and she needed me tonight. And I stepped up to my expectations as an older sister and I comforted her, right there in front of the whole YW's. (I don't want this to sound like a Bentley Bragging Party, but I'm just writing this down for my own purposes) She didn't get up to give her talk, so I read it for her, and then mine as well. It felt so good knowing that I at least did my best to comfort her, and I didn't do it for the praise I received later or anything, I did it simply for her and because I was in her position a few times, but I didn't have an older sister to come rescue me. I'm so glad that I could be there for her, and even though she didn't want to talk to me at all that night out of embarrassment, I still showed her that in the end, I will ALWAYS be there for her, no matter what the situation, whose involved, or what she thinks. And that's really more important that any of the lovely compliments I got.
But I'll write those down, too because I'll inevitably hit a rough patch one of these days and I'm going to want to remember the lovely things people say about me! ;)
Alison told me I'm going to be such an amazing mother. (that one made me cry) and lots of other people said that they wish that they had a sister like me, I'm so kind and loving towards her, I'm the best, they're so jealous of our relationship, etc. Cal even heard about it and emailed me about it. All those things made my night and many more nights to come. :) It just feels good that people can see that I do have good in me, because a lot of the times I don't feel good enough to take their compliments or whatever anybody else says.. I guess that's what you get for being a first born girl!

So, my English teacher told us that she's pregnant!! And this is exciting and all, but I was really hoping she'd be there for the whole year! She's by FAR the best teacher I've ever had, (excluding Seminary and Hearne, of course).. but she's just so amazing as a teacher, we have so much in common it's crazy, and she loves my writing style and gives me good grades! I feel like she can relate to me more than anyone else can at school, which is weird because I don't even know her all that well, but we're basically the same person. It's fun. :)
Yup, I'm really sad that she won't be there for the end of the year.. :( Better enjoy and make the best of what I have! A lesson I have yet to master..

I went to Molly's baptism on Saturday! I loooove baptisms. I can always feel the Spirit there at them, which is just super good. Plus, Mormon baptism food... I don't know what it is about Mormon food... but it is SO delicious. I ate lunch, and then went to more lunch with Katie and her friends for her SIXTEENTH BIRTHDAY! I feel so old! But the day was so much fun! We had lunch at this hipster Italian cafe, and it was fun. Luckily, it wasn't one of those parties where everyone is friends just with the birthday girl, I knew a few girls and so it wasn't weird. After lunch we went and saw Annie at the Hale Center Theatre, which was SO good! Annie was my favorite movie when I was younger. It was fun being able to watch it again! Afterwards we went back to her house and I got to talk with Father Steck for a while! I miss him! He's like my third dad. ;) Always a party at the Steck's house, that's for sure.

When I got back home, I went to the church for a bit, and brought the Cluffs home with me! We played a drawing game. I cannot get enough of them! They are SO great! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment