February 28, 2013

Frightening

Feb 17th - 23rd

Sunday was good! First Sunday without Kami... makes me sad... Bishop used to always stop us and comment on how much we smile when we're together, it was his favorite thing about us... and now I don't smile nearly as much, but I do my best. Sure enough, just as promised, Kimi came and sat next to me before church started.. that was also bittersweet. :) We had ward conference which is always a great time. During our third hour, all the youth was combined while the Youth Committee came and spoke to us about how they Stand in Holy Places, and then they invited us to tell everyone... I stood up and said that I wanted to stand in holy places by developing my Christ-like attributes, which is something I've been working on for the past few weeks. In Sacrament the ward choir sang, and I do like to sing, but I always feel self-conscious because my voice is a little bit different than most... I have more of a radio voice than a church voice, and I wish it was the opposite, but oh well... I can carry a tune however, so I'm content with that!

MONDAY WE HAD NO SCHOOL. And it was my mom's birthday! So what did we do to celebrate? Go to the dentist, of course! I love going to the dentist, but I HATE that scraping tool they use... it makes me sick. :P But it's all the way out by my old house, so we drove back to Katie's house to drop off the rings she left at my house over the weekend and we saw the Drapers! Our old home teachers, I just LOVE them! We stopped and chatted for a long time. Oh, and at the dentist I got x-rays for my wisdom teeth... WHICH ARE COMING OUT ON MARCH 8TH. And I am absolutely terrified from all the horror stories I've heard. I hope I don't go crazy insane from the meds, or I don't get dry socket, or the doctors won't cut my facial nerves, or I don't wake up during the surgery!!! Ahhh! So scary!! The rest of the day I worked on my Senior Scrapbook which is due next Thursday, I just want to be done with it already! It's annoying since I am a perfectionist.. :P

For mutual the police officer in our ward, Bro Miller came and talked to us about internet safety, and it was so funny to see all the girls freak out! I mean, they have every right to and I should have probably been a little more scared, too I suppose. But I am now more paranoid than I already was... like checking the back seats before I get in my car, turning off the GPS services on my phone.. but it's for safety, and better safe than sorry!

Friday I had Lauren over, because it had been a while! We just talked and she finally finished the poster she made for my 16th birthday! It's about time! ;)

Saturday we went to Goodwill, yay! ;) And I went to the boys' first football game and took a whole bunch of awesome pictures of them. And then I went babysitting the Caldwells later that night, and watched some more Project Runway... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment