Feb 3rd - 9th
This Sunday was Fast Sunday, Maizey's 15th Birthday AND the Superbowl! Talk about a busy day!
I'm really liking this new Youth curriculum in the church! It's already made a difference in my life, and I think that it really helps a lot of other people, too. I like how it encourages topical conversations, and not just "complete" listening.. although sometimes it could use a bit of work.. ;) I'm learning to like the youth in my ward a little bit better each week through Sunday School.. I can see that they have more depth to them than I thought, which is great!
After church, the girls went home to finish making food for the Superbowl. I had no intentions of watching it, I was on missionary week and I just don't care for TV, football, and other non-Sabbath-y activities! So we were making TONS of food, and I didn't know why I had to cut up four kiwis for the already HUGE fruit salad, my mom kept saying, "Oh the boys will by hungry, it's Fast Sunday AND the Superbowl.." mmmkay Mom! So I was struggling to scoop the kiwi out of it's skin, when the doorbell starts ringing a ton and there is pounding on the door.. a few seconds later I heard all of these footsteps.. and who could it be?? THE TROTTERS, MIKE AND ERIKA, AND ALLYSON AND DAVE!! Now that explains all the food! I didn't think that anyone was coming over! Haha it really caught me off guard! I was sooo happy to see all of them! It was like old times, but not really! I was just talking about them before they walked in, too.
I just sat and talked and ate some food, and occasionally looked at the screen for the score. I was going for the Ravens secretly, and they won! Whoop whoop! Apparently there was a power outage at the stadium from Beyonce's halftime show.. ahahaha. Cal, Kimi, and their dad popped in for a minute after dropping off Noah from Priesthood Preview.. I was so happy to see all of my favorite people in the same room! It made my day! And possibly my week! I love spending time with people and being with people who make me so happy. Caleb and I talked for just a little bit after the game, but it's always like we never stopped talking in the first place. I always forget how much I miss and love that guy! He's one of the very few people I can totally be myself around, after all, he has known me my whole life, so who else better to trust than someone who grew up with you? He, for some unknown reason, has a picture of me and him when we were probably 4 years old holding hands while dancing at my Aunt Jen's wedding back in the late 90's.. We are so cute! I love the Trotters, they are like my second family, and they are like that with my extended family as well, which is rare and beautiful! I have been immensely blessed with the best people in my life... I have the kindest and most loyal and loving family members and friends.. seriously, I don't know what I did to get such an AMAZING blessing and testimony of love. I am so close with every single one of them.. it's incredible... humans are just wonderful.
Although, I HATE saying goodbye.. it's one of the harder things for me... but I know I'll be seeing them all again next week for Kami's open house.
School is getting a tad bit better, I suppose. Caleb last night told me that he basically quit Highland and decided to take online classes with three of his friends... that is the smartest idea I have ever heard come out of his mouth.. ;) Haha! But really, that sounds amazing! Waking up around 7, then going to Seminary, coming back and do half of your classes, take a nap or relax, then go back to the other half of your class, and then hanging out with friends or just doing whatever for the rest of the day! And by then it's only 1! I sometimes wish I was homeschooled or did online classes... I'm done with the high school atmosphere.. it's not a fun place to be.. So all day I was thinking "Oh I could be casually working online while working out right now with the sun shining on my face.." it was like dreaming of a fairytale thinking about all the possibilities! ;) But nevertheless, I went throughout the day, and I tried to be as happy as I possibly could.. but this whole Sam and Lauren drama is seriously making me sick, I'm not even kidding.. like my stomach has this weird feeling whenever I think about it.. and it's a bit ridiculous, but so is the whole situation, sadly.. I don't like seeing either of them go through this. :( But Lauren got accepted into BYU! I'm SO happy for her! :) And Porter started his new job with Cal today :) and I got a letter from Elder Zach! AND he sprayed his amazing cologne on the letter. Haha it was so funny ;) Today was also a year anniversary of a big event for me. It's been an amaaaaazing year, that is for sure! Here's to many more. ;)
For mutual we had a joint activity with everyone.. and those are always chaotic. I wore my NASA t shirt because I knew I'd be conducting the meeting, and everyone should be graced with the presence of my awesome space exploration apparel. I am getting slightly better at conducting, but I think it's mainly just myself, because I am an awkward person.. it's just who I am, and I like myself just the way I am so I guess there is no room for complaining. ;) We had the missionaries in our ward speak to us a bit about their missions. And we watched a video, and then they let us loose to play a game... and lucky me, my group had about half of the deacon's quorum in it... and it was a loud activity. There were 20 boxes with letters on two sides, and you had to arrange the boxes into a hymn phrase that was 20 letters long, and after that was done, you had to make as many words as you could with the boxes. Oh my goodness. Those boys were INSANE. I found myself yelling at them for most of the night. But it was fun, I like word games. :) Afterwards we had doughnuts and hot chocolate which I always skip out on... it's way too late for that much sugar! Haha so that's a good thing. ;) We talked with the Cluffs for a long time afterwards, and that is always my favorite part of mutual. :)
Thursday I had to go to an NHS meeting in 2nd hour, so it broke up my otherwise mundane schedule. Later that night, me and Porter and the parents had to go to the NHS Induction Ceremony.. we all stood in fancy clothes in a straight line in rows and had to walk across a stage and get a piece of paper that stated we were members of the Queen Creek chapter. It was pretty cool, I guess. Dr. Farnsworth was kind of out of it.. he kept talking and talking and talking, but it was a good speech, just lengthy. He was also kinda sick so instead of shaking hands with the students, he just gave us fist bumps and pennies instead. That part was pretty awesome, I must say. ;) I hope that this membership will help me out with scholarships and stuff! Because I need all the money I can get!!
This weekend is the last one that I get to spend with Kami for 18 months... and I didn't even get to see her on Friday! I cancelled all my plans so I could hang out with her, but I don't even know where she was all night! So I just sat around and waited for something fun to happen, but it never did so I went to sleep and watched You've Got Mail.
Saturday morning I went to Goodwill and got two red dresses for $10. I looove that place. And for the rest of the day we were baking for HOURS for Kami's open house the next day. Kami was assigned cookie duty, which she normally does without flaw, but I guess a lot was on her mind because she couldn't focus and kept adding in the wrong measurements. It was hilarious!! :) So I tried to help her measure out fractions of what to add in, and we had to triple the recipe because she overdosed on the baking soda instead of corn starch. It was a nice little memory! Afterwards we went and got YJ for the last time.. and we loaded up with the chocolate and peanut butter!! It's so weird to think that everything I do will be the last time for 18 months... last time getting YJ, last time riding in her car, last time making cookies with her, and the list goes on and on... I'm probably being more melodramatic than I need to be, but I'm very sentimental about these things and they pull on my heartstrings! I get so attached to people sometimes.. and Kami is no exception.
No comments:
Post a Comment