March 11, 2013

Changes

March 10th - 16th

This Sunday I got released from my Laurel's President calling... and it was sad, but I know that others need the opportunity to grow as I did from that calling.. It was funny because Brother Cluff is the once who called me in, and now he's the one releasing me. Kind of bittersweet.. but I had to go to church with swollen chipmunk cheeks!! He was the first one I had an encounter with, and I didn't look him in the eye until I got in his office. Haha he was teasing me about it, but in the good way. He's great. :)
The rest of the day I gave up on hiding my face. It was too hard! Kimi about melted my heart today... she came up to me and said, "Bentley, you look very pretty today!" despite my swollen face!! She is so adorable. I even talked to Cal and he wasn't afraid of my face like I ridiculously thought he would be. The only thing that was bugging me is that because my jaw was so tiny they had to cut the inside of my cheeks to fit the drill and tools in to get my 4 teeth out, I can't smile or laugh or talk without my skin bleeding! And at church I am almost ALWAYS doing those three, so it was a bit difficult.. and no thanks to Cal, either!! He was purposefully trying to get me to laugh and smile! That boy! ;) haha but I loved it, despite the taste of blood in my mouth.. haha he always teases me, so I don't know why I expected today to be any different. But he made my day worthwhile. I tried avoiding talking as much as possible to as many people as possible, but it's hard to not talk to people.
Oh! Cal submitted his mission papers TODAY! I can't even... it's so so so insane to think that this day is already here, and that in the next two weeks or so he'll have his mission call... I always knew that this day would be coming, but again, it snuck up on me! I am so crazy proud/excited/happy for him! He is going to be without the slightest doubt THE BEST missionary out there. He already is. I'm excited to start guessing! So far I have a feeling about Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.. or Auckland, New Zealand, or Hamburg, Germany.. we'll see. He told me that I could have as many guesses as there are missions, minus one... so I have a pretty good chance of guessing it. Wouldn't that be so great to guess it right! :) But he'll probably surprise me as he always does.
For dinner, Grandma Glasgow came over! :) Love her!
I also am positive I found my Prom dress.. now I just need to get asked!! ;)

Monday we went to Discovery Park for FHE... and I so badly wanted to be with the rest of the boys going down the hills on skateboards, but I can't get my blood pressure up too much or my face will explode. So I just sat with Maizey listening to country music.

Tuesday I was finally feeling better! I actually got ready and met Lauren at the mall. I got some sunglasses (I lost my other ones forever ago, and have been wearing Maizey's atrocious hot pink zebra print glasses around town, and I just feel ridiculous.) so I got some really pretty aviators that have a light green band with purple and white floral print. And I also got a lavender sweater with white stripes that are actually triangles! haha it's legit, and I also got a yellow, white, and tan flannel button up.

Wednesday I had a BUSY day! Finally. I don't like being idle for a long time, especially when I'm on break and I know I could be doing super fun things. So I went babysitting earlier in the afternoon, which is always a fun time. I even got to "tan" a bit, which actually just resulted in a burn on the back of my neck... I shoulda seen that one coming. :P After I came home and then Katie came over! We went to YJ and Chipolte and got some yummy treats from World Market (it's our thing, we get a new and bizarre treat every time she comes over, we got Japanese coconut soda, Italian blood orange soda, and some Dutch carmel waffle cookies) and we took some awkward Polaroid cookies and talked and laughed some more! I just LOVE Katie! :) Later I decided that I wanted to hang out with the Cluffs... but the rest of my family was already occupied and I didn't want to just call over and invite just myself over, so I made up an excuse to go over there... ;) haha they made me some yummy orange juice in one of their containers for my wisdom teeth, so I HAD to give it back sometime.. so I just made some cookies in exchange for it and drove over there with the container. I was invited in, and spent the rest of the evening with them! That always works. Bring cookies unannounced and get invited in. ;) haha just kidding. But I had lots of fun!! :) We played Taboo and Mad Gab, and just talked and had a great time! I love being with their family. I feel like they are my family! I run errands with them, and I'm pretty sure I spend more time with them than I do my own family, so I am pretty much their adopted daughter. ;) I wish my family would play games together like they do.

Thursday I went to Lauren's house and we took her friend Bonita's senior pictures. It was a lot of fun! I wasn't the one taking pictures, so I was a teeny bit jealous and wanted to hold MY camera... but whatever. :P It was still fun! I thought it was going to be awkward, but I just let myself have fun with it. When we were done, we went to Circle K to get drinks, and I NEVER get slushies because they are SO bad for you, but I gave in this time because it was cold and sounded really good and I had been eating nothing for the past week.. so I got it, and then.. I spilled the sticky red liquid ALL over my white shirt.... yeah. I think it's safe to say that I will NEVER get a slushie EVER AGAIN. :P

Friday morning, Cal texted me and invited me to go do baptisms with him and his family that morning. It's a good thing I hadn't done my hair yet! ;) I hurried over there, and we 6 squished into Cal's 5 seater car and drove to the Temple. Only me, him, and Kayla could go in so we did... and it took FOREVERRRR.. It normally does take a while, but I swear we were sitting by the font for at least an HOUR. And the poor temple workers kept running around everywhere because the place was SO busy. It was kind of unorganized, but it was still an enjoyable experience! A lot of adults were doing their own family names, so it was so neat to watch them get baptized and you could just tell that they were feeling the spirit so strongly. One of the ladies lost her earring in the font, and they had to stop everything to get it out... oh man. It was really funny!! ;) Cal got done before me and Kayla (or so we thought) so we went to go find him, and found Stacie's sister and her kids instead, and it turns out Cal was done AFTER me and her so we had to go back and get him.. good thing he wasn't waiting too long! I had lunch with all of them and their cousins, which was just funny to me because I have met quite a bit of their family members from just being with them all the time and running errands and going to lunch and whatnot. It's fun meeting their family. :) We went to Pomeroy's to get a suit for Boyd's 12th birthday on Sunday, and it's crazy thinking that Cal could be getting his call any day now and he would have to come back here to get suits for his mission... ahhh! It's going to be so weird having him actually be gone. Ahh! Anyways, after that we went to a few other places and then ended up going to Tropical Smoothie Cafe for a smoothie, believe it or not. ;) It was a lot of fun being with them all day long! Even if it was "boring" stuff, it was still great spending the day with them.
Later in the day, I Skyped Ashlyn because we hadn't talked in a while! I looooove talking to her! Come to find out, SHE'S SUBMITTING MISSION PAPERS IN A FEW DAYS!! What?! Haha how come all the people I love are going to be leaving me?! At. The. Same. Time. Oh well, I guess I'll grow from this, too. It's going to be TOUGH seeing all of my friends and cousins leaving... It makes me really sad, but I know that they are doing what they've been asked to do, and that just makes me smile! I sure still need to grow and learn how to cope with these things, that's for sure.

Well, it's Saturday!! ALREADY. Oh my goodness, break is almost over! :P Today I babysat the Palmers, and it was super cute as always. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment