March 11, 2013

Kicking it Off

March 1st - 2nd

Wasn't it just the beginning of the year yesterday? It's so weird to think that the year is already 1/4th of the way through! I would LOVE for time to fly by this fast, but then it's going by without me soaking it all in. Spring Break is in a few weeks and then Graduation before I know it!
To kick off the new month, me and Porter went over to the Cluff's house for movies and games and ice cream, the usual! I brought over Tarzan and we played capture the flag and ate root beer ice cream and played a few word and card games. Always such a fun time! :) The whole night Stacie was trying to get Porter to read a book or find out what kind of books he likes in order to find him one... the thing is, Porter NEVER reads. Anything. Not even school books, he just looks up the summaries online, and somehow he manages to stay on top of his game, so I don't blame him for not wanting to read, because he can get by without it. I love reading, and I would love to have more time to read... Porter seems to have all the time in the world for whatever Porter wants to do.. so if we could switch that'd be great. But after tonight I decided that I'm going to make reading a bigger priority. So. I started reading Pride and Prejudice! It's a little tough to understand, but I've seen the movies and have a general idea of that time period's humor and mannerisms so I think I'll be okay.

Saturday morning I woke up and went to Women's Conference with my momma! It's strange to think that I'm almost done with being a Youth... I've been to my last Trek, Youth Conference, and Girl's Camp already.. and its just a manner of time before I'll be in Relief Society or teaching Primary after I graduate. But I know that I feel at peace with YW, I feel like I've done my best and I haven't left anything unfinished. I love my calling and I'll be sad when I'm released, and I don't know when that's gonna be, but it can't be for too much longer.. Anyway, I went and was with my mom and I loved it! We started out with a slideshow of all the wards' service projects from last year. I got a little teary eyed for a few wards, until we got to my ward where we had Jett's benefit fair... I was bawling!! The love and service my ward willingly gives is purely amazing, and you can just feel it wherever you go. I'm so blessed to be in a ward where service is such a priority and we have so many opportunities to do so. I absolutely love service, even if it is in the smallest little way because I know that I have helped someone's burdens become light. The lessons were great! I went to Sister Palmer's about bringing the Temple into your home, which I can start implementing in my own life right now to make it a habit for when I have my own family. I also went to raising stripling warriors, and that was geared towards the moms, but it was nice to kind of nudge my mom and let her know that I agreed with what was being said, plus you're never too young to get parenting lessons, because even though it's supposed to be for raising children, you get an idea of how you're supposed to grow up, if that makes any sense. And now I know what my mom heard, so I can bug her if she's slipping up. ;) the last class was about the light of the liahona and how we can have that light in our lives as well. Then there was a great lunch and I was able to have a great experience that really made me wake up and realize my importance and value as well as the value and importance of the girls that I serve in Laurels. I'm so grateful that I was able to be in the right place at the right time.
Later that night I went babysitting for the Dickersons! Oh. My. Goodness. Her kids are ADORABLE. Jonas is a little firecracker! Plus their house is gorgeous, although it's not completely finished, I kid you not... this is what my dream house looks like.Wall color, ceiling details and all!!
When I got home, Cal and his brothers were at my house! Haha I saw their rear-view-mirrorless car and I knew it was them as I was driving. They were fixing Cal's iPod and updating it.. it was funny to watch. I love those boys! :) We just talked and goofed around until the parents got home, then we just watched YouTube videos until it was almost 11... oops! I love relaxed weekends like these. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment