March 11, 2013

Kindness Everywhere

March 3rd - 8th

Fast Sunday! Whoo!
I looked so cute today, not gonna lie. I wore my cute orange floral dress with my cowboy boots and my hair was pretty great. ;) I got a note from Lexi, which was so nice and thoughtful! I absolutely love getting random little notes from people. I need to give them out more, because you just feel so good when you do! :)  Anyway the note really made my day. :) After church we went to Brad's house for ice cream and family gathering stuff.

Monday... the last monday morning before break! Hallelujah!! It was Cindy's third year since her passing, so we went to the cemetery and had some treats at Costco. I love being in a blended family like ours because we understand what it feels to lose a parent, and we can respect and sympathize with that heartache...

Tuesday I got my senior pictures taken! I have been looking forward to this for a few weeks! Haha they were so awkward at first, but I have a really good feeling that they'll turn out beautiful! She took me to a blossoming fruit tree, a barn, a field with a lonely tree, an empty and destroyed white brick house, and a house with an old fashioned truck. I made a deal with her that I would trade hours of my work to pay off her pictures. I get to look at them on the 20th and I am soooo excited to see how they turned out! :) It was super fun getting my pictures taken for a change, not going to lie! Some of the poses weren't like me, but I feel like I brought out my own flair in some of them... there were a lot of "now look into the distance, or look at your hands.." poses, and anyone who knows me knows I CANNOT make a serious face on spot for the life of me! So I hope those don't look ridiculous. ;)

Wednesday the 6th. I've had my eye on this day for a while now.
For mutual we went and watched the Priests play their softball championship game for the first few innings.. I saw Porter walk to first, and Cal hit and get to first... personally, I think he could have made it to second, but whatever. I'm proud of my boys! :) I love watching softball! Part of me regrets quitting after my dad died, but I knew I couldn't make my mom get to all of my games being single and having to watch the other kids.. I still got it in my blood, haha I was clenching my fists and trying not to yell while watching them... haha I get crazy soccer mom in the stands when watching softball.. ;) After watching them for a bit, the five of us headed over to Sister Kasper's house to play Just Dance, and it was fun! I let loose and actually danced... and I won every. single. game. They were getting flustered! Haha they never knew what was coming.. I'm a dancin' machine!! ;) We got our leaders to dance, too and that was hilarious to watch!
Later I learned that the boys won their championship game, and that Cal isn't able to send off his mission papers until Sunday, most likely.. I still remember meeting Cal for the first time.. and now I've become so close to him it is going to take a lot out of me to say goodbye for two and a half years in just a few short months... but I know it's for the best and I'm so proud that he is going, and that he's been preparing his whole entire life. It'll make it that much better when we both come back. :)

Thursday.. my last day of school!! :) It was kind of frustrating trying to get all those loose grade ends tied up before I left.. I had to stay after school for about an hour finishing a math test... Bless my math teacher! He is SO patient with me and is so gracious with his grading my papers.. he is my favorite teacher for showing me endless second chances.. I really do try in that class, it just takes me a while to get it, but once I do get it, it doesn't leave! And he is the first math teacher who discovered that and cares enough to work with me because I care enough also. I have a B (barely) for the third quarter. This hasn't happened since my sophomore math class. Thank goodness. :) Also, I'm starting to like school more.. I don't know if that's because it's almost over, or that the senior presentations have given me a refreshed view on the kids who I thought I knew, or if it's just spring because I feel most myself in the spring.. who knows, but I'm not gonna question it!

Friday morning.. IT POURED LAST NIGHT. I left my window open so I could hear it. I can't tell you how much I love that sound. Anyway, my surgery was scheduled at 7:50 in the morning.. I finished up my last yearbook assignment, got a blessing, wore my 3 wolf moon tshirt, and off we went! So we get there, and I go sit in the chair, get a breathing tube on my face with "laughing gas" and then Shannon my nurse comes in to give me the IV.. and that was the part I was most afraid of.. and it turns out, I couldn't even feel the thing!! Before I knew it, Doctor Porter came in and told me that he was gonna give me some medicine that would knock me out... and then I woke up and the deed was done.. He didn't even put the medicine in yet!! Haha! Good news.. I felt ZERO PAIN. I don't know how they did that. Those videos where the kids are all high on the drugs from the surgery are waaay overdone. I felt a little loopy, but nothing uncontrollable! Thank goodness! I had clear thoughts, and the only thing that was blurry was my nearsighted vision! There were three of my mom, but I could read things and comprehend what was going on. I could even walk normally! Nothing was too crazy.
The hardest part was getting the courage to eat and take the pills. There was some bloody spit in my mouth that I didn't want to swallow and kept soaking up with a paper towel.. but I couldn't take the meds until I ate something, so I forced down some applesauce in baby sizes proportions, and then some pudding, and then some more pudding! Took the meds and then I was fine! I was surprised. I felt no pain! The only thing that was bugging me was that my entire lower face was NUMB and I couldn't really feel my lower lip. Later in the night it wore off though! I had a headache from all the noise and that was the most pain I felt. But I had all the energy still, I would get up and walk around just fine. I'm Superwoman! ;)
Later that night I got an email from Cal asking how I was doing. He is so sweet! :) I love that boy, I'm so glad that we're really good friends! I wouldn't be the same without him, that's for sure. And him just simply emailing me and saying he hoped he distracted the pain was so great.. it worked! :)
The rest of the night I spent looking for Prom dresses because, hey, that's coming up in a few months! I've decided that I want to go to Mormon Prom again!! I need a redo of last year... ;) I sketched a few dresses, and Lincoln even helped me! ;) I just hope I'll get asked and wear a pretty dress and have an amazing time. :)

Saturday I spent most of sleeping.. still no pain, thank goodness! Boyd came over and dropped off some homemade orange juice (which is from Heaven, I swear.) and a BBC set of some English tv shows from their family. They are so sweet to check up on me! All of them! :)
I just really want to eat pizza and popcorn with the rest of my family!!
But other than that, my mouth is healing quickly! Like, strangely quick. I'm already eating macaroni and cheese, and other stuff. Kami at this time was still eating pudding and barely off the couch.. poor thing..

No comments:

Post a Comment