May 21, 2013

Last Prom!!

May 5th- 11th

Sunday, the day after prom is always exhausting... especially when I didn't get back home until 2:30 in the morning AND it's fast sunday.. :P
We had our BYD at Bishops house at 7.. my last BYD.. I looove these things!! So sad that this and so many other things are coming to an end.. But anyway, it's Lucy's 8th birthday today! I swear she's always engraved in my mind as this little 5 year old. She's getting baptized this Saturday!
Tanner spoke to us tonight about his mission, and then Bishop had all of the people in our ward who were about to leave on missions and those who have their calls/turning in their papers shortly speak to us. Michael, Cal, Colton, and Alexa all spoke to us and bore their testimonies.. I love it when Cal speaks! He has such an amazing spirit with him, and you can just tell that he loves the gospel. It shows in every little thing he does. He's such a huge example to me. :) Alexa also played the uke for us and sang Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing... she is SO talented!!
The rest of the night was pretty great! :) Like I said, I'm going to miss these BYDs! It was out first activity when we moved into this ward.

We had our Senior Ditch Day today.. and naturally, I had to BEG my parents to let me ditch. What kind of teenager am I? Haha! I've never ditched a class or have ever been late to a class... And with my ditch day, I slept in and went and got lunch with Lauren... all within two miles of my house. I live on the edge... what can I say? :P It was pretty uneventful, other than the fact that THE YEARBOOKS CAME IN TODAY! I can't believe the ONE day I missed, something exciting happened!! I'll never ditch again!! ;)

Mutual we did some more camp certification... again, makes me really sad.. but hey, I was able to help with certification since I'm a camp veteran. ;) And the rest of the mutuals I'll be going to are going to focus on camp.. so I feel it's kind of pointless to go, but I'm gonna keep going anyway because I love my girls and my leaders. :)

Friday I got to take my b.b.s.s.g.'s Senior pictures!! (best buds since seventh grade) man I've missed Anna!! She is such a sweet and smart girl! We've been really close since 7th grade, but then after I moved to QC two years ago, kind of have not talked as much as we used to.. but she's always told me she's wanted me to take her senior pictures for her, but I never thought it'd actually happen! We met up at freestone park, and then went at it! She was so fun to photograph, we even got to go on the carousel. :) I loved catching up with her. :) We're gonna try to get all of us girls from DRHS back together after we all graduate sometime soon... we'll see what happens!
When I was driving home, this crazy storm hit right outta no where!! It was like a July Monsoon... but in May! haha weird.

Earlier in the morning, I went to Lucy's Baptism! What a special event! :) She's like my little sister, and now she's on her way to growing up so fast! I loved going to support her and being there with all of her family and old friends, it was just like old times. I could definitely feel my dad's spirit there. Brian always gets all the attention. ;) I was so happy being there and feeling the spirit. After Lucy was confirmed, Brian and Alison both bore their testimonies which nearly killed me. Especially Brian's... oh that man... I love him so much.

This Saturday I had MORMON PROM! Haha it's more up my alley than school prom. I went with some of my girl friends: Emily, Josie, and Lauren. We just made it a girl's night and had so much fun! :) We got ready at Lauren's house, with Ellyse's help again. Then we went and had a photoshoot at the Pecans, and then ordered pizza and ate it at my house. Then off to the dance we went! :) We danced like crazy and just let loose and had fun! Which is not like me in public settings, but I figured it was my last ever school dance, and I didn't have any boys to impress, so I let go! :) I'm so glad I did! :) We called it our Spinster Prom since we just went by ourselves. In the beginning, I really wished that someone had asked me, but by the end of the night, I was happy I didn't have to worry about anything else! I loved this last little tribute to high school :)

No comments:

Post a Comment