May 1st- 4th
First off.. HAPPY 20TH BIRTHDAY KAMI! :) Oh my goodness.. I can't believe she's already 20! I remember meeting her a few weeks after she turned 17. If that time flew by like that, I'll be 20 VERY soon! She's almost been in Chile for 3 months, and I miss her like crazy! But I know that today will be a great day for her. :)
We had our camp kick-off tonight! I can't believe that I'm not going to camp this year... :( so just being there at mutual just made me really sad, they were all going over camp rules, and the theme and such.. and it just is a bummer because I'm too old to go now! Plus I'll have a job then.. but if there is ANY chance that I will be able to go, I'm gonna go for it! And if that doesn't work out, I might be called to YW at some point in my life where I can go to camp as a leader, which I think I'd like more anyway. We'll see :)
I talked to Sister Cluff and Sister Alleman after mutual and they said that they'd help me with my dress and flowers for prom, since my mom left to Utah earlier in the morning. They're so great!
Oh and at school it was Duck Dynasty spirit day! Which resulted in some idiot kid wearing a confederate flag as a cape and then getting our school on national news for being "the most racist school in America.." are you kidding me?? The ONLY reason why people cared enough to put it on the news was because we had such good press for Carson Jones and Chy Johnson, and they just HAD to find some tiny flaw with our school and blow it out of proportion. It's kind of ridiculous.
Tuesday I went over to the Cluff's house and had Stacie help me with my dress. She lent me her cardigan/shrug thing to wear with my dress. I was really hoping that I wouldn't have to wear one of those, but it was a lot better looking than I imagined with my dress on. And it'll look great when I am all dressed up and ready. :) My mom tried sewing sleeves onto the dress, but she ran out of time.. so we just have to pin the shrug to my straps so it doesn't move around, and then we made these little fabric flower/loop things to pin to the sides of the fabric flowers on my dress for additional coverage, and they looked really nice. Thanks for all the help!! :)
Saturday was the big day!! PROM. Whooooooooo! I went over to Lauren's house in the afternoon and just chilled until it was time to get ready. Her sister Ellyse helped me with my makeup, she's really good at that kind of stuff! She even put fake eyelashes on me.. they were really weird, kind cool and they looked real nice, but I would never really wear those again. :) Caleb and Derek came and picked us up around 5:30 and we headed over to my house to take pictures at the Pecans. After pictures, we went to Charleston's for dinner. We all got hamburgers, haha. As I was eating there, it was like NOTHING had changed! It was as if me Caleb, and Derek were still 9 years old... dumping sugar and salt packets into our drinks and just messing around. haha! At one point Caleb grabbed his steak knife and pulled down his suit sleeve and held the knife out so it was like a Captain Hook get-up... oh boy. That was hilarious! And then even better when he pulled out a dollar from his wallet and stuck the knife through it... haha I love that kid.. but I could tell from dinner that it was going to be an interesting evening..... after dinner, we made our way over to Ashley Manor where the dance was. We got there about 15 minutes early, and so NO ONE was there... but our dates like to dance... so they got up there and danced... with everyone. I'm not even kidding. They made their rounds and made sure they at least touched every single person on the dance floor. They were doing all of these weird dance moves... like they baked cookies and did all the motions.. everything from putting the ingredients in the shopping cart, to eating the cookies out of the oven after blowing on them. Ahhhh it was so entertaining. But I'm pretty sure that everyone at school is going to question their sanity on Monday..
Of course, I got kind of sick at the dance this year... again! :P I think it's the environment that makes me kind of sick! Because I made sure that I didn't eat a lot because that's what happened last year. It's a combination of the loud music, the type of music (I do NOT want to be dancing to "all my ladies in the club, grab a drink and shake your booty" (paraphrasing, of course..)), it's really hot and sweaty in there, and the people just kind of make me uncomfortable... so I'm not the funnest dancing partner out there.. but we did get a picture of us dancing together, just like the one we have from when we were three years old.. and that made the night worth it. ;) Some of their friends from Highland crashed our prom! They all hopped the fence one by one, none of them planning on each other being there.. so halfway through me and Lauren were by ourselves searching for our dates in the middle of the dance floor.. haha we got replaced. ;P but it's alright, we were able to talk to people normally without being judged. ;)
After the dance, we went and drove to go bowling... but Derek lost his wallet... and so we all weren't quite feeling in a partying mood anymore.. so we went back to Derek's house and watched Duck Dynasty while he went and cancelled all of his credit cards and whatnot. Poor guy. :(
All in all it was an AWESOME night! So great to be with new and reunited friends! It was just like old times, except we were all dressed up. :) So lucky to have my mischievous and "devilishly-handsome" boys with me tonight! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment