May 31, 2013

Institute and Interviews

May 26th - 31st

So I taught my first primary lesson today!! :) I think it went well, but it was a short lesson, so we were done about half way into the class and things were starting to get out of hand.. so we played a game. I think the kids like me! I mean, I hope that they will get at least some spiritual enlightenment! This is for sure going to make me use every ounce of patience that I don't have. But it's good for me. It's helping me go back to the basics and review them, and it's never too late to do that! Sharing time was a bit difficult.. it was loud and I forgot almost all of the songs, Cal kept teasing me from across the room.. and then his kids got released before mine did and now I'm thinking he's making it a competition.... well... he better be prepared to lose. ;)
My family also got back! Whoop whoop!

Monday I went to the Freestone Rec Center with the Cluffs! It was fun! A bit stressful at first because we went to a raquetball room and it was loud and everything echoed.. and boys will be boys... they scream like girls.. haha :P Then we played foosball and ping pong and a whole bunch of other things. Ping pong is more my speed. ;) Haha but I am getting the hang of foosball. Plus Porter and Cal practice every day at work together, so that's not a very fair advantage. ;)
After we got home, I had my graduation party. A TON of people were in my house. It was stressing me out! Haha lately I've just been being bothered by chaos. I need to stop, but loud noises just drive me insane! I had to go sit on my stairs for a few minutes to just take a breather. But of course little kids found me.. they can always find me. But other than that it was a good party, I guess! I ate yummy food, watched my embarrassing slideshow and then talked with people until they left. I also got a lot of money for presents, thank goodness! I was running low on my college fund!! Gotta start paying for my classes in a few weeks! The Cluffs stayed after everyone left and we watched Alice in Wonderland.... Cal's choice.. haha ;) But they had to leave early.. work and stuff. :P

Tuesday I babysat for a few hours. Then went to the mall with Maizey while the family went to the movies. It was fun! Maizey turned into a little shopping psycho though! She rarely buys clothes, but today she bought like six shirts! I was really impressed! Now she won't be stealing things from my closet. It'll be the other way around for once. ;)


Wednesday was the day that about six of the missionaries from my school left to the MTC! It was a little weird seeing all of their last Facebook posts.. it kind of made my sad.. but every Wednesday we'll have someone from our school leaving. It's surreal. Mutual we went to Shelby's house and her and Channie gave a presntation and talks about different things and steps in life.. it was really informative! I liked it and I think it was presented perfectly! Just what the girls needed to hear. Great job! :)

Thursday I started my first night of Institute with Lauren, Emily, and Lindsay! It was fun! Our real teacher is gonna be gone for the next few weeks, so we have a sub. Anyway, our class is pretty small. Maybe like 15 people? Half RMs and the other half just graduated seniors. But the RMs have been RMs since like 2007. NOT EVEN KIDDING. WHY ARE YOU HERE?! Haha but we have an organ performance major, a theater tech guy.. it's a diverse group of individuals. We're studying the OT. Afterwards me and Lauren were talking to this guys Craig for a while after it ended, he's pretty cool! :) Oh and we also had the missionaries over for dinner. One of them served in my old neighborhood out in Mesa and knew all of my friends! Oh and I also had to give the first thought of institute... I knew I should have volunteered to play the piano!! :P
Earlier in the day I also got a call setting up a job phone interview for tomorrow!! I really hope I can get the job!! I hate sitting at home all day long, and I need to do something productive with my life and earn monayyy.

So my phone interview went pretty well, I think!! :) I had to get background checks and sign some documents and I'm getting a second interview scheduled sometime soon... so I figure that's a good thing?!
Right after my phone call I had to hurry up and get ready for the Temple. My family and Cal and Colton and Boyd all went to go do baptisms. We were running late and didn't make the walk-in time, and the workers were slightly upset because we missed the time, but they can't really kick us out, I mean we just drove like half and hour to get there... so they let us in anyway, thank goodness! Cal was adamant on driving us over there, since all of my family can't fit into one car. So he drove. And then when we were done, HE GOT A FLAT TIRE. Haha I was kind of like, see I told you I should have drove! But then I realized that his tire had been slowly deflating for a while now, and that if he were to have gotten a flat anywhere else, without a cell phone, he would have had to walk or get a ride with a stranger, and that is NOT a safe thing to do! So I'm glad that he stubbornly refused for me to drive him and his siblings. :) We had changed the spare and then it also turned out to be flat. Lucky us! ;) I could tell he was getting frustrated, he had never changed a flat on this car before and the jack wasn't working out too well, and Boyd was running around everywhere being super loud and crazy... and he was probably a bit embarrassed, but the whole thing was cute anyway.. it's always an adventure with Cal! ;) Toby came back and helped us get to a Circle K across the street and get us air pumped in the new flat tire. We made it to Pizza Mart and had dinner, and then drove home! No more flats, although he's gonna have to get new tires on the car soon anyway. We went back to my house and finished the rest of Alice in Wonderland, then they went home, and that was the end of May!!

I hope these next few months slow down.


No comments:

Post a Comment