June 24th
So, I dunno if I'm allowed to write this, but there was nothing saying I can't! Anyways, I had a meeting with Bishop today, and guess what? I'm gonna be the Laurel's President! I've had a feeling for a while that that was gonna happen, but I didn't think it would until school started! I'm really glad that I'll be put in this position, actually. It's gonna be quite a bit of work, but I am absolutely happy and ready to tackle it. I'm mainly looking forward to getting to know all the girls a bit better, and to make a difference in their lives.. hopefully for good! I know it will be, and Bishop said that everyone is going to be looking up to me, in fact that they already have been for a while... but hey, that's how I live my life and if it's gonna be someone to lead these girls and set an example for them, then I'm glad it's me. I shall be referred to as Ms. President now, thank you. ;) haha! You can thank my mom for that. I won't be set apart for a few more weeks, so I guess yeah when schools starts.... man, I am GOOD. ;) jkjk. Church was great. Bromances are great. Except for when it's you being ignored by them. Yeah. A TAD aggravating, but whatever! Cal wore his pink tie today! Yay! That made me happy. That means that he wasn't completely weirded out by me. Sweet. There was a missionary farewell today, and those are always just great. That means that Conner is gonna be leaving here pretty soon, too! Crazy! It was over a year ago when he ripped the oranges out of his leg hair in the church hallway and sucking helium out of balloons for 13 minutes straight.... he will do great things, that's for sure. ;)
I was in a weird mood today, I've noticed that these days are usually on Sundays. We keep having lessons on Forgiveness and Pride and that is really ironic and no fun because those are the two things that I need to get over right now! Mainly forgiveness.. but hardly even that because the person who I need to "forgive" has not purposefully done any wrong to me, maybe... I just get easily annoyed by this person and CANNOT get over it. I pray for opportunities to get over it all the time, and I just can't seem to shake this one off. It's hurting me more than anything. It's just one of those things where something bothers you for no reason, you try and try to get over it, but in the end it STILL annoys you and it annoys you even more that you are still annoyed by it! It's neverending!! :P It's like dried fruit, or cherry tomatoes. No matter how many times I eat them and convince myself that they are not all that bad, it's still all that bad! And I pray that I will be able to like all of the foods on earth equally, but these ones just have a flavor that I don't like! It's irritating. Gah.
So that is my goal for this next little while. To get over my tastebuds and just eat the fruit and like it!! But not really because I don't think I'll ever like dried fruit, but dried fruit is always going to be around, so what can you do? People are different, but I would have to use a different analogy and that's no fun.
We went to Grandparents Severtson this evening, watched some cousins and Porter get tackled by Tyson.. I mean watched Tyson get tackled by Porter. ;D
Havasupai is on Thursday!! Oh my gooooooooosh.
June 25th
Not gonna lie. Today started off pretty great! I think I got everything figured out. Yeah. Got some more of my class done. Still no where near finishing, but we're on our way!! Then I went shipping and ran into LAUREN at Ross! Haha it was fun! :) got the Nauvoo ring from her, so wherever I see my sister again I'll give it to her........ Then my Aunt Allyson and her boys showed up at Ross.. OH MY GOODNESS. Kade is a GIANT!! He has gotta be at least 6 feet. So there is hope for Noah. I think.... ;) he is going to QCHS next year, so we're gonna have quite a few relatives there! :) yay for family!! We were shopping for at least 4 hours and that is 2 hours too much. I got super tired, took a nap before dinner and had a great dream that I was a wedding photographer and everything was PERFECT! :D .... Then I got woken up. And I was kind of really mad for a few hours. I apologize for my rude behavior. But when you mix me getting awoken from a nap, and forcing me to eat cooked zucchini... You're messing with the wrong girl!! I hate zucchini. I'll add that ad squash to the whole dried fruit thing. Icky. :P and then me and Maizey went to go see Oliver! Our good buddy Boyd is in it as one of the orphans. :D he is so cute as an orphan! Haha well, he is all the time, too. ;) the whole thing was super great! It was a musical. Yay! :) afterwards we went and talked to Cal and Colton. Funny how talking to someone can turn your whole attitude around! And now I am super happy! :D I just love them! :) :) :) aaahhhh. Anyways, my truck almost didn't start. But then it did. So I enjoyed my ride home with the windows down blasting Springsteen and Just a Kiss. And all is well in the world. <3
June 26th
School starts in a month from yesterday. Yay. I woke up at 4:30 for some reason to a text from Kami at 1:30 saying that Zach's sister Emily told Kami that Zach told her that we need to write him back. So I did! It's been since FEBRUARY since I wrote him last..... It's so bad!! :( but this one was two pages front and back, so that should make up for time lost.
Today was rather productive. I did my chores without being asked, I cleaned the bathroom, I wrote Zach, and I danced a bit. ;) it was a great start. I think being productive pays off because I've seen my friends every day this week! Yay! The Cluffs had us over for a few hours to play games and badminton. I haven't played since 9th grade and I haven't lost my touch. ;) it was a lot of fun!! They have a huge backyard (my first time being in their backyard and I've known then for almost 2 years now..) and there was a lot of room to run around and practically no out of bounds! I would love to go over and play that more!! Their parents are gone this week in Hawaii so we invited them over for dinner, and then they stayed till almost 11 playing Risk! It was a lot of fun. Turns out, I'm STILL somewhat good at that game because I beat Cal! I beat him in badminton, too but don't tell anyone. ;) he's a ton of fun to be with! :D I'm starting to develop a competitive side, I've noticed. But the good natured kind, of course. It's fun. :) I actually ended up in 2nd place, but I was in 1st place in my own game. :) can't wait for mutual tomorrow and getting my Senior pictures back! I hope and pray that at least one of the yearbook ones turned out really good!! Because if not, then I'm gonna be sad. And I can't be sad after having the past day and a half be so great!! :)
June 27th
One more day until Havasupai. Pray that I'm ready?! Haha actually, I'm pretty confident this time. I'm just feeling kind of stomach sick today, so I hope and pray that it DOESN'T last!! Woke up. Usual routine. Went shopping. Got a jacket. Can't wear it until November. My cousins Kayla and Derrick are now finally engaged!! I'm so excited! They're both getting married in San Diego randomly and I can only go to Kayla's wedding, and that makes me sad! I want to go to both! But there is this little thing called SCHOOL that gets in the way of these things. In a month I'll have another wedding to go to, but I haven't even met her and it's on a Tuesday that I'm in school.... I don't know why people do that? I'm gonna get married during a time where all my family can FOR SURE make it, like Spring Break or something. I want as many people there as I can get! Anyways, we're still not sure if we can go to Kayla's, but Ashlyn says that she NEEDS me there in case she has the inevitable mental breakdown, and I want to be there for her because I would want her to be there for me in that situation. Definitely. So, I hope that everything works out because I feel like I'm losing touch with my family and so I want to spend every possible minute with them!
Anyways, today was HOT. It was bearable, heck, I can talk myself into anything and make it bearable, but this time was a bit hard! I tried not to think about it, but I was sitting in the parking lot in Wal Mart and my jeans were sticking to my legs, so I RAN into Wal Mart. And it felt so nice! Then we went to Costco and I chilled (haha) in the dairy freezer for a good 10 minutes. BEST THING OF MY LIFE. I have decided that moving to somewhere cold would be nice. When I'm older. But, then I debate pros and cons and AZ wins every time. You can cool off after being hot quite easily, but you can't warm up after being freezing cold all that well... for Mutual, there were only three girls there. So we went to YJ. As usual. I like small groups better because then everyone talks to each other and there are no groups and whatnot. I just like small groups in general, actually. Apparently everyone and their moms are switching over to ALA this next school year. I knew that a whole bunch of people were going, but pretty much a good half of the Mormons in the QCUSD are switching over! I have no idea why people would want to go there... I mean for high school, I totally understand if it was elementary and middle and maybe junior high, but high school?? Sure it's a good environment, but the world isn't like that!! Just trying to be realistic, but I wouldn't want to shelter my kids like that. They have to learn to be in "bad" places (QC is SO not bad, either! You want bad? Go to DRHS, THAT place is sketchy!) or else when they get in the real world, which isn't all that good, they need to already have developed that sense of Hey, I need to put myself in good situations because I know what is out there and I want to stay away from it. Maybe it can work in ALA, and of course it IS a great school, not bagging on it or anything, but I personally wouldn't go there or have my own kids go there. I don't even have to decide right now and probably won't even have to! It's just my two cents, I guess.
Anyways, we dropped off 2/4 quilts we made for our old YW Presidency, and it was so sweet! Sister Brague was real excited, and I'm sure she'll love it. We stopped and talked to her for a long time, I MISS HER! I haven't seen her in forever. It was so great talking to her again! Plus, Bro. Brague is always super fun to talk to! ;) Then we went to Sister Anderson's house, they're moving to South Jordan tomorrow, and so she was really touched by the quilt. None of her family wants to move and so it's sad to see them go through this, but they'll be blessed and be great wherever they go! I don't even know her all that well, and I was getting a little upset saying goodbye!
We celebrated Cami Moffat's birthday at YJ and just talked. My favorite activities are the ones where there are just a few of us and we just talk about anything and everything. (I just moved my leg and there was a penny stuck to it, I don't know whether to be weirded or to laugh about it... I guess I'm laughing that I'm writing about that...) and they had CAKE BATTER froyo at YJ. Yummmmmmmm!! It was so good! They always are changing flavors. They should definitely keep this one there and I'll keep them in business. ;)
Those activities always help me develop a better friendship and understanding for the girls, and now knowing what's in store for me I've decided to get to know each one of them better! And with that attitude, I found that I was able to hold better conversations, really listen and appreciate everything they were saying, and to actually enjoy being with them! Not that I haven't in the past or anything, it's just that this time it was more meaningful. Afterwards, we went back to the church and my truck didn't start. I tried to get it going for 10 minutes and nothing. So I had to catch a ride home and then my parental units had to start it and get it back home later. Oops. I hope that truck still works for next school year! I love that truck!! It fits my personality. :)
June 28th
TODAY IS THE DAY. HAVASUPAI. And it still hasn't hit me that we're gonna be taking off at 3 pm. I've been sleeping all day and eating lots of protein, so hopefully that will help me out a bit! After everyone arrived, we were on our way!! The car I was in had Cal, Kayla, Colton, me, Maizey, and Noah in it. It was an adventure, that's for sure!! I dunno what happened to Noah, but he was SUPER weird and a tad annoying, I mean it was alright, he kept us laughing and talking a whole bunch, but he would not stop!! Colton beat me at chess on his Kindle, we played some card games, listened to a capella (which is not as bad as I thought it would be! They actually sang really cool songs that I knew! I might have to look into that genre more.) and movie soundtrack music (Spirit, Star Wars, The Best 2 Years, etc) on the ride there. We stopped near Prescott and ate dinner. After a 5 hour drive to the Rim, we FINALLY made it! I can't remember what time we actually left, but it was dark by the time we were halfway out the switchbacks. Kayla was my walking buddy a good portion of the way down. It went by surprisingly quick and painless by talking with her! She is a great friend! :) Cal was putting heavy rocks on people's packs and just messing with them. :) He didn't totally take off by himself this time! Last year he booked it outta there without saying a word! So I'm really happy that he stayed with us. The only time that we were all separated was toward the end of the hike about 6 miles in, when it was just me, Kayla, and Jonah. Poor kid, he was sick all this week coughing up his lungs!! I was really worried about him, and he nearly gave me a heart attack when I looked behind to check on him and he was shuffling through the dirt and crying barely saying that he couldn't breathe!! Ahhh! It scared me so bad! Especially since it was dark, we were walking through a tighter spot, and we were all alone and we were all getting tired. Luckily, they all had set up camp along the trail a couple hundred feet further. We slept on the damp and hard ground. It was not gonna be pleasant! Noah was freaking out about getting bitten by spiders and such. All I was worried about was getting stepped on by a wild horse, they just let them roam along the trail like it's nobodies business! Which I guess it isn't, but still! Running into them after turning a corner is not a good encounter. Plus DANNY kept laughing all night long and wouldn't stop! And the bad thing is, his laugh makes me laugh because it's slightly maniacal. ;) I am really proud of Maizey, however! She had her iPod and booked it down the trail! She even beat me!! How is that possible?! My first time and I was dead by the end of the way there. It's about 8 miles or so to the village, and we were probably only .5 of a mile away, I dunno why we didn't keep going, but I'm glad we stopped at the same time. We all huddled and slept in a pile of people and called it a night around midnight or so.
June 29th
No one got more that 4 hours of sleep at the most. And all through the night I kept twisting and turning because the piece of ground I claimed proved me wrong and was actually quite painful and lumpy and hard. And when I wasn't shifting around, Noah was elbowing my sides lightly and I kept thinking they were stray dogs and/or horses! My first thought was that I was being held at gunpoint, so I dove under my blanket and was wide awake for who knows how long. But the sun rises around 5, and so we were all out by 5:30 and at the camping grounds by a bit after 6. Last year I took careful note of pretty much every rock and every turn around the canyon, but hiking in the dark made it difficult to tell exactly where I was and how much further we had to go, but at the same time it was colder and I don't know which way I like better.. anyways, we walked past the village, and this time Cal caught up with US. ;) I don't function all that well in the mornings, and I was reading everything wrong and making myself seem really dumb. Ah it's so bad when he is around. He must think I'm retarded. I would think I was retarded! Haha! But seriously, bad things happen to me when he is around and I'm trying to act normal and cool. Apparently, the universe disagrees with my cool nature and sends karma to get me or something. He must not mind because he still hangs around!
Anyways, we got to our camp grounds and it was still shady and cold and lovely. I got a bench, pounded down the nails hanging out of it and sat and drank my nice fern spring water. It tasted SO much better this year!! Last year tasted like dirt and with my Kool-Aid mix, it was not very pleasing.. but this year it tasted like normal fridge water! I was a happy camper. Our camps were on the other side of the river and we had the log bridge right in the middle of our spot, which was good and bad at the same time because we could sit on it and put our feet in the river, but then people had to move back and forth between the river also. The older kids mainly threw rocks in the river, caught frogs and lizards and accidentally almost killed them, tried to knock off leaves on branches with stones, threw almonds and raisins at each other, etc. Ya know, the usual camping stuff. Throwin' stuff. In the river. Like a boss. Haha that must have entertained us for hours on end. When the shade from the high canyon walls decided it would be a good time for the sun to come out, most of us hiked down to Mooney Falls. I didn't go all the way down last year for some reason I can't remember... but I was determined to go down this time! I wasn't gonna have a repeat of last year where I just picked a picnic table and slept the entire day through. I was going to be fun and adventurous and I wanted to walk out of Havasupai with a scar of some sort! Haha so I was expecting the way down to be like sliding down a chain through some rocks, and it wasn't all that bad! Expect the worse, eh? ;) It was fun getting down there with only 2 slippery chains on either side of you, pretty much a natural rock ladder underneath of you going at a 90 degree angle going down. I felt like a pro rock climber getting down to the bottom. It was super hot going down, but at the bottom of a 180 foot waterfall, turns out the mist cools everything down by at least 20 degrees. Last week a boy scout was swimming under the falls, got sucked in a drowned.... so it was a bit weird standing by the waterfall's base. I got pretty close, too! I was drenched before my knees even got in the water completely! It's a whole other world down at Havasupai. It seriously looks like it could be a rainforest, there are rivers and tree canopies and green-ness and all sorts of crazy plants and blue BLUE water! It it SO pretty, if there is one thing that's worth hiking 4 hours in the heat for, it is definitely this!! I was like a kid in a candy store exploring all of the caves, tunnels, rapids, and waterfalls. I could not get over how awesome that place was! We followed the river down, geez probably another 2 miles.. and it was seriously the best thing ever. I wish I had my camera! Some people did bring their expensive DSLRs and I was freaking out! They were sticking their tripods in the super strong currents of the water that were knocking ME down! I couldn't even look at them anymore! There was a group of deaf people down there and it was pretty cool to see them there! Obviously, they can hike, but it's so neat seeing them still do normal stuff. By this time, my legs are pretty buff looking. ;) And I'm not sunburned, I'm not tired, and all is well and lovely in the world! On the way back out of Mooney Falls, the 180 foot 90 degree angle climb of death, Cal was right under me the whole time USING NO HANDS. He did not grab onto those chains once. He scared me so bad!! I know that he IS Cal, and therefore nothing bad can happen to him, but it was freaking me out. I care waaaay too much about him to let that one slide! I gave him a good talking to afterwards. ;) haha just kidding, but he probably knows by the commentary I was giving him on the way out. We're giving each other a hard time, and it is fun! After a few hours of resting and sitting in the river, we hiked up to Havasu Falls just before the campgrounds, and that place is pretty cool, too! We explored some more, but this time I wasn't wearing my water shoes because they are my mom's and my feet are three times the size of hers. Plus I wasn't planning on going on an adventure down the river... too bad I just HAD to go on an adventure anyways because the kid in me is getting out here... it's been YEARS since I've swam and hiked and climbed all day long. And I've done more today that I have in probably 4-5 years. It's crazy, but I love and have missed that side of me! Good news, she's still alive and kicking and has still got that love for dangerous things... but her balance is still not that hot... Since I was wearing flip flops and the current on this river was a lot stronger than I thought it'd be, I spent a good deal of time trying to keep them on my feet! Me, Cal, Kayla and later Noah were walking down the river and I stepped in a spot that was deeper than I expected and my shoe was starting to come off! And so I misplaced my weight on the rocks, fell, and off the current swept me down the river!! It was the scariest thing that's every happened to me! I could not pull myself upwards and breathe. I wasn't too panicky thank goodness. And my shoes were still on my feet. I somehow knew that I wasn't gonna die then and there. YODO. ;) But I finally pull myself up outta the water and I'm a good 50 feet away from where I was.... I look up the river and I see Cal and Kayla practically rolling in the river LAUGHING AT ME! Haha! I couldn't help but laugh too because I can totally picture what just went down. Ah it was so embarrassing. But I just had to laugh for a few minutes. And the only thing I got to show for almost dying was a cut and swollen finger! No scars, no bruises, nothing! Just two small cuts and the swelling was from the calcium in the water. Boo. We ventured more down the river, and by now Noah had joined us shortly before my fall down the rapids. Class 2 Rapids. Not even the cool ones!! Gah, why am I so lame!? We found a spot with soft river sand and naturally began throwing it at each other, because let's be honest, what else is there to do? ;) After probably half an hour sitting there thinking of jokes about my fall and sand target practice at Noah, we walked back and I carefully avoided the rapids. ;) We were approaching another one and Cal said, "Bentley, I'm not sure about this rapid, do you want to try it to make sure it's safe?" AHHHHH. If I wasn't in love with him, I would have pushed him into the river. So I just punched his shoulder instead. :) Haha jkjk, I gotta give him credit, that was a good one. I wish I would have thought of that.. We hiked back up and our camp had shade once again! So we ate, kinda, played some cards for HOURS, chatted, got splashed by the uncles who were throwing boulders in the water, and just had a good ol' time! That's what I love about camping, you're so easily entertained by the smallest things and the time goes by so slowly so you have to make fun for yourself! We all crashed around 9:30, by then we realized that the most sleep we got was 4 hours that morning.
June 30th
I woke up and was surprisingly not that sore, not sunburned, and not totally exhausted Go me!! ;) After breakfast and a Froot Loop mouth cannon shooting contest with other odd activities, we were on our last day of Havasupai. I would say, where did the time go, but since we're camping, we still have an eternity before we have to leave. We packed up our stuff probably a bit after 10 (maybe) and hiked over to Havasu Falls again and this time I wore water shoes. ;) I sat in the sun, sat in the water, sat on a huge rock, almost fell of that huge rock trying to catch a frog, climbed into some caves, etc. Usual stuff. Me, Cal, and Kayla went off and were trying to find the ledge/tunnel you could climb to get behind the falls. Cal lead us on this weird hike up the side of the waterfall. Literally, he found a tunnel thing and climbed up it (it was right next to the waterfall so it was wet, slippery and TALL.) but of course he makes everything look way too easy! And it turns out, the top of the tunnel had a view point where he could see all of the area. I wanted to climb up it so badly, but since I saw Cal take a misstep and almost slip, I decided that anything he does is a bad idea and I should not attempt it. Too bad I hate listening to myself. ;) We spent the hotter part of the day there, and while we were there 2 federal police officers came down and were yelling at people who were jumping off the falls because apparently it's on the waiver that we all signed... but I didn't sign it. ;) haha so we were just having a good time, Porter fell asleep on the table with his mouth open, and when went to Taco Bell he grabbed some of the Fire sauce and I took it from him, gave it to Cal, and he squirted half of it in his mouth.... funniest thing ever!! and then we poured instant mashed potato powder stuff into Lee's water shoes, only to find out later that he didn't even put them on! He just left them there. So we were kinda bummed out about that. I love just goofing around doing silly stuff! It's fun being ridiculous, and it isn't hard to pick up when you've got Porter and Cal around. :) We hiked another mile or so to Emerald/Lil' Navajo Falls. These ones are 30 feet tall and people jump off of them like it's no big deal! Since all the boys were going up, I decided to go up with them. And I was actually considering jumping off!! I wasn't scared, which was what scared me!! But when Cal jumped off, that gave me a heart attack! Oh my goodness. I did not like that. Haha he came back up again and ALMOST talked me into jumping off! Ah I was at 95% willing to jump off with him when I saw Toby and Lee flailing their arms from below telling us to not jump, Toby motioned shooting a gun, and I knew that the police were right behind them... the lady drove up on her quad, made us walk away from the edge and proceeded to yell at us and warn us to never do that. Something like a federal law we were breaking or something. ;) haha! It was cool. ;) I was so bummed though!! This was the first time that I was actually willing to jump off of a HUGE waterfall! And I was soo close, too! I was excited to jump off into a possible pool of death with Cal.. it didn't seem all that bad! That sounds bad, maybe I shouldn't listen to him anymore.... yeah right. ;)
We dried ourselves off and then hiked the rest of the way to the village, waited seriously almost an hour to get some food. And they kept running out of food! The only things they had left were chili cheese fries, so me and Porter shared those, and I was feeling SO sick. I had only been drinking water and eating crackers the whole time we were down there, and having a full body sweat detox, eating that grease was NOT pleasant. I could just feel it sitting at the bottom of my stomach. But it was food, and it was the last food we were gonna eat before getting out of there. Plus tomorrow is Fast Sunday. So we went on, and just hiked the rest of the way out. I was keeping up with Colton and Cal for an hour, which was about 3.5 miles, which is pretty darn impressive that I stayed in pace with them!! :) For a while I kept thinking that I wouldn't be able to get out of there, but then Cal started singing, and whatdoyaknow? I had this burst of energy, as long as he kept singing. I really don't know what it was, but it was making me laugh and smile, so the longer he did that, the longer I could keep going on! We stopped and let everybody catch up to us, well not really, I had to stop after an hour of hiking straight, and they wouldn't leave me! How cute! :) Eventually everyone caught up and we stopped for about 30 minutes. Colton was tired of waiting after 10 and took off and apparently didn't stop until he reached the rim about 6 miles later! I didn't think it was possible, but he one-upped Cal! He was even saying that he was breathing pretty hard and didn't want to go on for a while. I was shocked! HE IS NORMAL!! ;) hahaha but after that, I lost pace with Kayla, Cal, and Porter D, so I walked a couple hundred yards in front of Toby, Kami, and Bryndee, and that was so difficult. I had no one singing to me and had to just deal with the uncontrollable speed of thoughts in my little noggin. Plus, the fact that it was dark, scary, and I was running out of water and hadn't even hit the switchbacks. Actually, I need to give myself more credit because I didn't slow my pace at all, I was cruising, and it was going pretty great. I caught up to them right before the switchbacks which meant that I had walked just about 2-3 miles by myself in the dark.. but I caught up and waited for the other 3, then 4 of them left and it was just me, Kami, and Toby. Thankfully, Porter D had a gallon of water he gave us so I got my water back and kept on going about 30 minutes after they had all left. Those last 2 miles KILLED me. They were so hard! It's not that I was in pain, or my pack was too heavy, it's that I was EXHAUSTED. Exhausted from keeping up with Cal for the past few days. Thinking about all the fun stuff I had done kept me going, but I wish he was singing next to me. After a scary encounter with some drunk Indians and what seemed like an eternity getting up 2/3 of the switchbacks, it was just me and Toby and we were talking about my dad, and that helped a bit, too. Finally, I was resting almost about to go to sleep when Toby yelled to the top of the rim asking if someone would come down and help me out with my pack, and after walking a bit and meeting them halfway, it was like angels were sent from Heaven when I saw Cal sprinting down the switchbacks completely willing to take my pack off my back and walk with me all the way up encouraging me. That was definitely my favorite part of the hike. Toby was anxious to get outta there, and it was just me and Cal walking out and even though he wasn't singing, just the sight of him running down to help me and talking and his goofy sense of humor gave me just enough energy to get those last hundred yards out of the canyon. I LOVE HIM. Haha! Seriously, I don't know what I would have done if he didn't come back down. It would have taken me another hour I'm sure. I was the last one out.... however, the group made a victory arch for me to walk under and I was never so happy and excited to see everyone up at the top!! :D Of course, I got a burst of energy when I was at the top and was WIDE AWAKE. Awesome. I felt so bad because I knew that Cal would have to drive 5-6 hours to get us all back home, so I made it a goal to stay up all night with him to keep him awake, it was the least I could do. On the way out of the twisty and bumpy roads, I started to get that taste in your mouth when you KNOW you're gonna throw up.... so, like the dork I am I said "On the special occassion that one would have to throw up in this vehicle, what should one do?" So, Kayla threw me a bag and I totally threw up. This would be my 2nd time throwing up when Cal was around. It was soooooo embarrassing. I was laughing because I felt LOADS better and because that is just something that would happen to me. I was just on top of the world, but then was sent straight back down again.... and get this: my window wouldn't roll down so I had to pass the bag to Kayla for her to throw out!! Aahh I was mortified. It was so sad. Colton woke up and was only concerned about his Kindle... Come on, kid!! ;) haha just kidding, that was pretty funny. But seriously?! Why can't I be graceful and charming??? It's a curse I guess. I don't know what I did wrong up there, but I'm sorry! Haha! Cal has now seen me at my worst, twice now. I don't want to see him at his worse, so I'll keep throwing up. ;) But seriously, that experience was soooo embarrassing! And of course there were more jokes made. And they were really funny, gosh dang it! Why does everything have to be at my expense?! So the rest of the drive was good, I stayed up the whole time and was talking with Cal about just random stuff, but it was really nice. :) Definitely consider Cal a blessing sent from above to watch out for me! He's laughed with and at me, he has made my burdens lighter a couple of times, he has seen me throw up twice, gets me to try new things, gave me a reason to keep walking and pushing along, and makes me want to be a better person. :) :)
Yup, so we got to Seligman and took a 2 hour nap at a gas station because we're classy like that and kept driving until 6:30 this morning. I didn't talk all that much the second half, but I was awake watching the sunrise and scenery. All in all, I consider Havasupai a success, and I am looking forward to next year!! :D
I'll post pictures and stuff later.
No comments:
Post a Comment