October 10, 2012

Last Week o' Break

October 7th

I actually watched GC today all the way through! Saturday sessions usually take me a bit longer to catch up on because it seems like I'm always doing something when it comes on. But today's was SUPER great!! I especially loved Sister Burton's talk about service.. I actually got the feeling that I do need to go on a mission when I'm 19. BRING IT ON! ;) I would LOVE to go! Now that that is pretty much official, I just have to plan my life around that.. now I'm looking at ASU for Graphic Design, possibly do secondary education with Graphic Design as a Minor, and take photography classes on the side.. still keeping my options open, although I should be narrowing them down by now.. ya know since deadlines are swiftly approaching.. Gahhh this is so terrifying! I think that all of my questions might have been answered in the Saturday session.. the one I haven't watched yet.
We went to my grandma Glasgow's house to watch the second half of conference, which was lovely, too. Then we went to the Porter's house for dinner, which is lovely as always as well. <3.
Yesterday, I found out that the new model homes in our neighborhood just opened up to the public... I really really REALLY hope that no one buys them.. or at least LDS families.. I mean, that'd be great for the neighborhood.. but I'm just selfish when it comes to our ward, because we will more definitely split.. and I'm gonna cry uncontrollably when it happens. :(

October 8th

Last Monday of sleeping in..... :( did a whole bunch of online class.. and I am 70% done with it!! Waaaaay better than last month when I only had 40%! Good news is, if I somehow don't finish the class by December, I will be able to pass it with a C! ;) But I'm definitely gonna get it finished by then.. by the end of this break? I dunno. The thing is, it's TOTALLY doable, but it's just so icky sitting in front of a computer all day long.. :P

October 9th

I actually got out of the house today! Bree invited me to go to the movies with her and a few of her friends.. yay! Friends! ;) Haha my mom was just happy that I was getting out of the house. Please have more faith in me, would ya? I'm not a complete anti-social! We went and saw Pitch Perfect, about a collegiate a capella group and their competitions.. it was pretty good! A lot better than I was expecting, but movies these days.... :P I just have no desire to watch them. I went because I am always busy when Bree wants to hang out, and this time I was free! Plus we got gelato afterwards, so it was worth it. ;) just kidding, but it was tons of fun anyhow!
I have been living under a rock for the past year or so... and you know what? I'm okay with that! I didn't even hear of the movie until earlier today. We don't have cable anymore, which is totally fine since about 95% of the stuff on TV is trash. The good stuff makes it over to Netflix, which we do have. But even then, I don't typically watch TV/movies anymore. They're time consuming, and have no benefits. The only things I intently watch are Doctor Who.... and that's about it, but DW I don't even watch all the time. I'd be completely okay if we got rid of the TVs in our house. I really would. In fact, I probably wouldn't even notice it. Okay, maybe the HUGE screen upstairs I'd notice. ;)

October 10th

Nothing exciting... Katie is gonna drop by for a sec. Online class. Mutual later tonight, which I'm excited for! Decorating tshirts!! One of my most favoritest things! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment