September 30th
I really don't like missing my ward and church. It is so weird going to other wards! It's just not the same. :(
We went to Heber 3rd ward today, and it was sooooo small! Seriously, I think I counted 70 people excluding my family. And probably only 10 youth, and I saw 3 YW. And I don't know if they were visiting or if they were actually part of the ward. The rest were old people. And I don't know, each ward does their own little thing it seems like.. and I miss my ward. Maybe it's just knowing people and the familiarity. And my family only stays for Sacrament meeting, so it's not like I actually get to know those faces either. :P
We later drove to the Snowflake Temple! It was under construction, so we couldn't get too close, but it was still nice! I remember being maybe 7 or 8 and seeing the Temple there, but it was a lot different than I remember it.. the temple itself looked the same, but the surroundings were totally different than I remembered. The whole town seemed isolated. Like, creepy isolated. There were no cars driving, I saw literally five people. And one of them was the Temple President, and he was on his way out. So it was a little odd seeing NO one. Not even in the streets or driving or walking around. No one!
But I got some pretty sweet pictures of Jonah! One of them got 24 likes on Facebook. Yeah, I'm awesome. ;)
October 1st
CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S ALREADY OCTOBER. I think I say this about every month. But seriously, after the end of October, the year is pretty much gone!
It was our last day at the cabin. I helped move logs for Grandma. And then me and mom got to lay in the hammock and just talk for about an hour, which was really nice! I miss having these moments with her. I don't get them as much after she got remarried. We then drove back home, and then went shopping and ate at Costa Vida. It was good! I'm glad to be home though, but I still miss my family.
October 2nd
I went running this morning! And it felt sooooo good :) I so wish I could go running every morning before school, or even after school when it starts to cool off a little bit more. But ya know, school and work.. blech. :P The rest of my day was pretty productive, and I'm proud of myself! I'm a morning person, but the hardest part is waking up. I love to be awake when it's dark and no ones up yet.. but it's just difficult to get myself up somedays. Haha :)
October 3rd
Nothing too exciting. Piano. Class. Yup.
October 4th
Random fact of the day! 8 months ago was February 4th! ;) Time flies by so fast.
Same as yesterday.
October 5th
Well, I have some issues with my online class right now.. but they should all clear up soon. :P It's so dumb.
I hung out with Lauren today! :D It's about time!! Break's halfway over and it's the first time I've seen her in a week!
I get to her house.. and I see a framed photo of her dad, studio lit with a black backdrop... those classic AFP pictures, one with him smiling, and then a photoshopped version of just his face floating in the background... BEST. THING. I. HAVE. EVER. SEEN. I love her dad, it's official. He's the coolest person on earth. And he has a framed picture to prove it. I'm so jealous. I must get one of my own!!
And then we watched... THE FINAL DOCTOR WHO EPISODE WITH AMY AND RORY. It pretty much tore my heart apart, ripped it into smaller pieces, trampled on them in the dirt with stilettos, and then tried to staple it back together, only to just melt into unrefurbishable globs of cardiac muscle... it was bad. THEY. DIED. (sorta.) more like they got sent into another dimension.. but seriously, it's like being friends for three years, and then they just went ahead and died on me! TWICE. Actually, if you count all the times they've "died" it's well been over a hundred times. You would think I'd be used to it. I'm still in the denial stage of grief.. but now that they're got (this is gonna sounds ridiculous) it's like my past life is gone, too. Because they were the first companions of the Doctor that I knew! It became my geeky obsession when I was a freshman in Yearbook.. and I had to leave Yearbook, but I had DW which made the transition a little better, but now that they're both gone, it's like I have a void in my heart that's bigger on the inside than it is on the outside. ;'( the crack in my heart. So once Matt Smith as the Doctor leaves... goodbye old self. "We're all just stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?" Oh the girl who waited.... :( farewell, Ponds.
After that episode, we went to the football game against Higley! We totally kicked butt. AGAIN. We're currently undefeated, which is pretty dang good considering last year they were suffering a bit. We're ranked #21 in state!! DRHS is #1 in state... jealous, but not jealous.. weird. I went and talked to Bree for a few minutes to prove to her school that she does really have friends. Glad to be there for somebody. :)
Afterwards, we went and got ice cream. And then went back to her house and just talked and talked and talked. The original plan was that we were both gonne go to NAU together and become awesome teachers... but now I'm second guessing myself on a lot of things.. and I just don't know where I'm going with college, and missions, and marriage and all that crazy stuff. I just am coming to the conclusion that any decision I make, I'll be okay, because I'm not getting any definite answers on a certain path.. just gotta keep praying and probably decide on one certain thing and just go for it. Anyhow, thanks Lauren for bringing up key questions that I've never really asked myself before.. it was an eye opener to all my crazy pathways. I think I'm getting closer to my answers. :)
October 6th
THE LDS WORLD WAS FOREVER CHANGED TODAY. MISSIONARY AGES WERE CHANGED. The old way was boys go when they're 19, and girls when they're 21. But it was all changed, and now boys can go when they're graduated and 18, and girls can go when they're 19. HOLY DANG. Seriously.. I'm pretty sure that EVERYONE was shocked by that one! That's all I could think about all day long.. but I think my college plans are now going to involve a mission. I kind of always knew that they would, but 21 seemed SO old and then 23 by the time I met someone and actually got married.. it seems like all the guys who are still around at 23, aren't married for a pretty good reason. Which isn't fair for the girls who are good enough to go on missions if they marry these loser guys who've sat around in their parent's house for years. And I realize that this isn't the case for all people, but I just would want someone on the same page as me. But I feel like after this change, my life has been cut in half and now I really need to kick it into gear. But a mission for me would cut RIGHT in the middle of my college, because I'll be 17/18 when I start college.. but now guys have a year less of distraction time, so I'm glad for the change. Plus a few months ago when I was wishing that they age for girls would be 19, everyone looked at me like I was a blasphemer... LOOK AT ME NOW. ;) haha but seriously, it was like I was challenging the church when I brought that up with my family.. crazy stuff.
We went to my mom's 20th high school reunion... it was pretty boring and sorta lame. Just a lot of parents with kids who were my age awkwardly sitting around while the parents talked and talked and talked and talked.. and talked some more!! And knowing my mom.. we had to practically drag her away from her friends to leave.
Back to the drawing board, I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment