I finally finished all of my work training! I really like my job, I hate the drive, but my coworkers are so fun and entertaining! I made a friend named Thaxton who keeps me smiling when the day gets long and frustrating. He'll be leaving in January for his mission, so I'm not really looking forward to that.. ;)
We had stake conference and surprisingly, our ward wasn't split.... yet.... it's like this impending colossal thing that you can't avoid.. I'm not looking forward to it. I have a bad feeling.
Kami hit her ONE YEAR MARK! It feels like she just hit her 1/3 mark. Now she's at 2/3 and will be at 3/3 soooo incredibly soon.
My grandparents are here for the winter! Yes they're snowbirds, but they don't count because they can actually drive fairly well.
I OFFICIALLY STARTED MY MISSION PAPERS! I got logged into Missionary Portal and everything... and I did as much as I could all in one sitting. Now I just have to wait for dentist and doctor's visits.. I can click SUBMIT on April 30th and have my call somewhere in the first part of May. It seems soooooo far away..
It also rained for literally three days in a row. And it was heavy rain, too. Not like AZ rain. It was the best weekend ever.
So, we finally had that "special meeting" that told us that our ward was splitting... and of course the Cluffs got split from us. We missed them by ONE STREET. I was so sad... :( But to make things better we had one last ward party get together. :) We only lost like 20 families and our ward, which is JUST the neighborhood of Montelena is still huge.
I've been taking more and more family pictures, which is awesome now because I actually understand my camera AND it earns me money for my mission, which is slowly but surely coming along.
We had our traditional Thanksgiving lunch in the church building across the street from my house. This is my all time favorite family tradition, always has been, always will. It's so strange to think that this is probably my last Thanksgiving dinner with my family! Next year I could be in Africa or Russia or Kansas or somewhere crazy. ;)
I also got to see Catching Fire and go to the Temple Lights with my family the next night... it was so great. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment