June 1st - 8th
This post is going to be one extra day long! :P
JUNE FIRST.
I can't believe it's already June.
Then it'll be July.
Then August.
And so on.
So me and Cal made a plan/deal to watch the Lord of the Rings trilogy because he had just finished reading the books, and I've never seen them before, and he had a secret I wanted to know, and I had a brownie mix that he wanted... so we made it a deal that on A Saturday we would have another marathon and I'd make brownies and he'd tell me the secret. So that was set for this Saturday, however, Cal had to unexpectedly babysit his 13 cousins and change his tires, and I had to do some other things, too.. but I figured I'd see him at some point in the day so I wasn't upset, I mean things happen all the time! Eventually, like I always do, I found my way to their house and we played Monopoly for a few hours. I CRUSHED THEM. ;) I mean, I may or may not have gotten help a few times...but by the end I owned 80% of the board and had $22 to my name. Colton still swears that he won, but we all know that's not the case. Plus, me and Cal made it a rule that whatever game that I am involved in, I automatically win. So in either case, I won. ;) It was so much fun!! I got kicked out at 11, I guess it was getting late, but neither of us were looking at the clock.
I taught my second lesson today, and Shelly was there, thank goodness!! I wasn't really spiritually prepared for this lesson, I tried to do it all on my own, and now I know that it is really hard to get them on the spiritual level if you haven't gotten there either. I've learned my lesson! I'll have to teach next week, too. They sang to me in Primary! It was so cute! :) We went to Brad's house after church, and there were a billion people there that I didn't know. :P
Monday I woke up early and had to drive my siblings to Grandma Severtson's house for them to mow the lawn. The AC in the truck is BROKEN, so we were dying there and on the way back. But I got to take a nap on their couch and drink some Jones Soda, which was divine. So I'm not complaining. ;) She wasn't there though, which made me kind of sad because I really wanted to talk to her!
I also made a quilt today! I cut out all of my t-shirts from high school into squares and made it a quilt all on my own, no pattern, no nothing.. I mean I still have to get batting and a bit more fabric, but it's just fine on it's own as a blanket. I think I'm gonna take it on my mission.. I just wish I knew where I was going so I can determine how much batting to get, ya know? ;) But I LOVE it! I can wear all of my shirts at once! :)
Later in the night we helped our neighbors, the Wilhelms move. We took everything upstairs and moved it downstairs, including the weights... oh gosh, they gave us practically all of their belongings they couldn't fit into their moving truck. It was kind of sad to watch them leave almost everything behind, but we will all have to do that eventually, won't we? I'm gonna miss them, I never got to know them personally, but I know that they are stellar people! :) I hope that they have success in Montana!! :) I hope the gospel finds them, too.. we planted the seeds and did all we could on our part, so hopefully there are some good people that will take care of them up there.
Katie came over on Tuesday!! :) I love having her over! We watched a weird movie, ate some treats, and were ridiculous as always. :) We got her a Vine and she got me a Twitter. So we are all caught up now apparently. She stayed over later than she normally does, so we got crazier than we normally do.
For Mutual, we helped picked up trash at the Teague's house project, I've never been there. It's incredible to see that house was built purely from volunteer efforts from people in my ward, it looks pretty nice too! And now the grounds look better with help from the YW. ;) I spilled gasoline on my shoes, though. So I was upset, but didn't dwell on it because I was working too hard. After that we went to Sister Kasper's house to go swimming. I just put my feet in the water, because I wasn't wearing a suit. I had a snow cone and it was delicious. I drove Kayla home and stayed at their house watching the stars for a few hours until I had to go home. I love that me and Kayla are hanging out more! :) I love her!
I had Institute again! There were a lot less people this week, but more new people who weren't there last week. George wasn't there. Craig wasn't there. I won't be there next week... haha but then again it IS a summer class, so attendance will be a bit rough the whole time. Josie also said that she might start coming with us! :) We talked about Elijah the prophet. I know more about him than I do David!! We also got talking about how the first step to entering the church for nonmembers is to go through the Elders, so basically, the 18-21 year old young men of our church are the ones calling the first shots as to whether one gets baptized or not! It's a pretty crazy realization.. just another reminder that we are the strength and the youth!! And we all better get our acts together before we go out on missions. It really puts everything into perspective.
Also, Lauren is going to VANCOUVER over the summer in about a month, and I'm so jealous! Her parents tried everything in their power to get me connecting flights that would match up with hers and still have mine to go to Idaho, but things just weren't working out with my tickets and my possible job, and my mom wasn't too thrilled with the idea either. :/ oh well! We are talking about it for next year or we can possibly be EFY counselors next year! Maybe... I'll still be 18 so I could possibly still go as a Youth. ;)
Friday was uneventful until the night! Cal and Colton came over for our Lord of the Rings movie night!! We only got to finish one movie and we will have to finish the rest tomorrow, maybe. It wasn't really what I was expecting, but it was still pretty good! Lots of violence, which I wasn't too thrilled about, kind of slow moving at times, but there were lots of funny one-liners and the excitement will build in the next two movies I'm sure. :) Cal was repeating some of the lines he'd memorized, it was funny. :) We stopped halfway through when Jonah sat on the remote and turned it off.. we made breakfast burritos and made brownies. Haha when me Porter and Cal are making something in the kitchen, something usually goes wrong! Not on my end though! Probably because we skip steps and don't follow directions to a T. But I can usually figure out how to fix things, I almost always do. ;) The brownies were a tad overcooked because we were watching the movie upstairs, but they were still "heavenly" apparently. ;) We finished the movie, and then they went home. I love spending time with my boys!! :)
Saturday
No comments:
Post a Comment