June 23rd-30th
This Sunday was a little different than most Sundays. (for one the Cluffs sang this great musical number about the Temple) We only had Sacrament meeting and then there was a broadcast to the church about missionary work. I was just glad I didn't have to wrestle some kids at church. ;) The broadcast was amazing!! :) They had an MTC choir and there were SO many missionaries! So jealous! So powerful! I even saw a few kids from Queen Creek in the choir. I was trying not to get jealous and ahead of myself thinking that I should be there, too. My time will come. Just not soon enough. ;)
Later that night we went to the Severtsons and hung out with the family.
On Monday I went school clothes shopping with the family and made sure they don't look like geeks when they go to school. ;) I wish I had a clothes budget! I am just a poor college student, and even though I'm living at home I'm still struggling with paying for everything I need without a job -- still haven't heard back from them. I should by the end of this week!
Noah is a turd sometimes. But he is a sweetheart at other times. Today was one of his good days! He took me out to lunch at Chick-fil-A and even paid for me! So nice! I love my quality time with my Noah Bear.
The next day we went shopping and swimming again. The boys had some friends over so that is always nice.
I went to mutual this week just for the heck of it! I'm glad I went, there were only like ten other girls there. Even though it was all camp stuff I felt so much more comfortable there with all my girls. It just makes me wish I was going to camp! I should know if I will be able to by Friday. Fingers crossed that I can go! I want to go soooooo badly this year-- one last hurrah!
Thursday we went to Lexy's babyshower. So crazy that she is married and pregnant now. It seems like just yesterday I met her and we played on my trampoline outside, and go to dance together... Weird how time works. So slow while you're in it but so fast looking back, and even slower when you're looking forward to something! We ate some yummy food and talked to some old friends.
Last week I made plans to go to the Temple because it's been a while. I want to start going once a month, but it's so expensive to drive out there! Such a lame excuse, I know. I was texting Cal last night and he said that he would love to go and also got some of his siblings to go. He came and picked us all up at 10:08 (he said he'd be there at 10:01, but was a few minutes late) and we went off! I love love love going to the Temple. I feel so clear there and so clean. I got to do something different today, I got to do someone else's family names because they did not have a girl to do it for them, so that was a neat experience! A little confusing from all the switching and whatnot, but a great experience. I'd like to gather some of my own family names and go, but the problem is that I don't know how to do it and they're hard to find... or they just need to be sealed, which I can't do yet. Anyways, I love going to the Temple, and I love it even more with the Cluffs. Thankful for all the times they've taken me there. :) :) :)
They came to our house after lunch. We didn't do anything. Literally we walked to different rooms and just talked. But it was just fine. Haha we just keep ourselves entertained with our wit and intellect. It's super fun just to listen and try to catch them saying something incorrect or throw some random idea in to throw everyone off track.
Later in the night I babysat the Dickersons again! Love them! We watched some old Disney animations, played Guess Who, listened to Taylor Swift... the usual. ;)
Saturday I woke up SO early. Ever since I switched the direction of how I sleep at night and open up my window to look at the starts while I'm falling asleep, I've been sleeping SO much better and getting up earlier because of the sky changing colors as the sun comes up. I love it. I'm getting old. Waking up with the sun. Silly me. I got all ready for the day before 7 even rolled around, did all the things on my To Do list by 9 and then had the rest of the day to wait. I went babysitting the Caldwells around 2 until 7. After I watched them I went over to the church to watch Kimilee and the Palmer girls in their singing and dancing group. It was SO cute. I had the biggest smile on my face. It sure brings back memories of me doing the same thing when I was their ages...
I went swimming after that and then fell asleep so fast.
Sunday. The LAST day of June. How did this happen?! Already?! MAN. Cal's going to be gone before I know it!! One month left for him, and even less than that for my cousin Ashlyn. Which by the way I'm seeing her next Thursday. SO. EXCITED. Today I fasted because I just need some extra strength and guidance in the next few months. Growing up is difficult. Not the tasks or things expected of you... it's difficult in the sense that I am lonely and I am tired of doing nothing worthwhile!! I just want to get out there and start my life. :P One more year. I can do this. Maizey spoke in Sacrament meeting today, and I found out that I couldn't go to girls camp because I'm "too old". Not even!! I am younger than the girls who graduated AND I didn't get to go to camp my second year... so technically speaking I did fit the requirements to go.. oh well.. I understand, I mean they have over 55 YCLs and are already overbooked on staff as it is... I just wanted it so badly and was praying for it and already had all of my stuff gathered together... I just need the spiritual enlightenment... I really honestly was bummed a bit, but I'm taking it as a sign that I just need to grow up now! Officially. :P Oh, and Cal was ordained an ELDER today. Yup. It is definitely time to grow up. Can't believe he'll be going through the temple on Friday. Wow. I can't even comprehend any of this anymore!! :P haha just go with the flow.
No comments:
Post a Comment