June 30, 2013

Moving Along

June 9th - 15th

So on Sunday I taught the lesson... and the kids were... decent.. haha how about we skip over the 8-13 ages of all kids?! Sounds like a great idea to me! I do not even remember those years of my life and I am grateful I don't because I was probably SUPER annoying like all kids those ages. Poor things. They'll grow out of it. Maybe. I hope. Eventually. ;)

On Monday we went to Brian Neus' funeral. He was in my old ward, he died of colon cancer... so sad. His family is handling it quite well though. Losing a father in any circumstance is never easy. They've had time to say goodbye though and they've known it was inevitable for a few years now. Not saying that losing a father to a disease is easier than an accident. If anything I think it'd be way harder! I don't know if I could handle slowly watching my dad die.. it's definitely a blessing in the way that our loved ones are taken. It's always in the way that we need. Sure I would have at least liked to say "I love you" to my dad one last time before he passed away... but he knows it. And I am TERRIBLE at goodbyes, so this trial was definitely made for me. Thank goodness we can all move along.
The bright side of the funeral was that I was able to see a lot of my old friends and church leaders. It's fun to see their faces get all confused about who you are right before it clicks. I didn't think almost three years was that long of a time to not recognize someone's face... But it was fun catching up and telling them all about my plans and experiences.

On Tuesday I went swimming with my momma!! Haha what other almost-18-year-old spends her afternoon swimming with her mom? I DO. ;) I love spending time with her, she's a laugh. :)

Wednesday me, my mom, Maizey, Makenzie, and Brandi all met up at Gecko Grill for lunch! I love these girls! Me and Makenzie have been friends since we were 9 years old. The golden age. I know for a FACT that we were the annoying troublemakers in the class. I was always the troublemaker growing up. Thank goodness I grew out of that stage when I was 11!! :) She is SO hilarious, and our senses of humor are quite the same so we never walk away from seeing each other without a huge smile on our faces and a pain in our stomach from laughing too hard. They invited me over to hang out for the rest of the day. We went swimming, ate some pizza, watched Mr. Bean's Holiday (our FAVORITE movie to watch together. So ridiculous.) and then after a while I headed home because I had something big to do the next day!!

I HAD MY FIRST OFFICIAL IN PERSON INTERVIEW TODAY. Holy scary. I woke up painfully early. I am the worst when it comes to nerves. I'd rather speak in front of a billion people than go to an interview! Seriously. I don't know what it was that scared me so much! Whatever it was, it was enough to make me SO awkward and anxious the entire interview. I'm pretty sure I bombed it. But who knows. I'm supposed to hear back from them in about a week or so to find out if I got the job or not.
Before I left the house, there were a lot of tears, a lot of hyperventilating, and a lot of hugging and reassuring words.
After the interview I went and bought some white sneakers at Target and some yellow fabric dye from Joanns. I dip-dyed some ombre shoes I found on Pinterest. They are quite snazzy!! I love them! But I'm afraid to wear them anywhere in case they get dirty. ;P go figure.
A little bit later that night I went over to JuLee's house to watch her kids while she and Darren went to the Domincan Republic! I was a bit worn out from the day, but all I had to do today was get them to bed and keep them from crying too much!

This morning I woke up super early. I can never get a good nights rest in any other bed but mine. I woke up around 6 and just waited for the girls to wake up. BRING IT ON I AM READY FOR TODAY. We went and played Monopoly for a few hours until it was time to go to the movies. We went and saw Oz the Great and Powerful at the dollar theater. I really liked it! It was worth my dollar. ;) Cute movie. After that we went and grabbed some lunch, went home, and played some MORE Monopoly! Seriously that day went by SO fast playing that game!

Saturday we just hung out, went swimming, watched movies, and wait for it... played even more Monopoly. I'm getting a bit tired of this game. ;) Jacob got home around 6-ish at night. We went to Target and bought some little notebooks for them to draw in at the cabin when they go on Monday.
We also painted our nails, I wrote their names in cool lettering on their notebooks.


No comments:

Post a Comment