I FINISHED MY FIRST YEAR OF COLLEGE! I mean, it took me two and a half years.... ;) no but I am so glad that it's over. I loved it and all, but the nice thing is that it's only half a year so you can feel when it's time to end. I made lots of friends and learned a ton, got straight A's, only missed one day of classes, did not gain 15 pounds, actually was friends with my professors, and learned to manage my time a lot better! I even got into the National Community College Honors Society AND was on the President's Honor List. Yeah, I'm pretty great. ;)
I did something crazy and I cut off 6 inches of my hair! It's just past my shoulders and I LOVE IT. But only on the 2nd day of curling it, I haven't figured out the really lose waves quite yet... It's sassy and fun, just like me. ;)
My good friend Tessa Wade had her farewell, and I got to go to her ward and sit with the Cluffs! It was so great to kind of have that normalcy back.. :)
I had my first work party! It was pretty entertaining. We had an ugly sweater contest, and I won 3rd place. :) For the gift exchange I bought a ton of random flavored chocolate... like ginger wasabi, tortilla chip and chili pepper, chocolate covered bacon... it was a lot of fun!
I had to miss out on my other favorite holiday tradition... the Glasgow family Christmas party because I had to work... but I was able to go to the Clark family bonfire where Allyson made my dad's famous chili which I haven't had since he died... it was incredible, just how I always remembered it! :)
Noah turned 14 and is all grown up now! :( I got THREE CALLINGS in church.
1. 8-9 Primary Teacher
2. Youth Family History Consultant
3. Ward Missionary
I get to go on split shifts with a Sister in my ward now that she'll be companionless for the whole month of January because her comp got her Visa to New Zealand.. this will be the greatest missionary preparation ever!! I'm really excited.
This is my last Christmas at home!! It was a great one. :) I got luggage and I just started crying. It's the saddest present of all, but it means and adventure is coming. And I live for adventures. :) I also got to Skype Kami!! :D One more Skype on Mother's Day and then she'll be home.
My work friend Thaxton had his farewell which I went to, and I also ran into my 7th and 8th grade Home Ex teacher, Mrs. Arnette in his ward! Crazy! She even remembered me. :)
I also had my last little photoshoot with Lauren before she leaves to BYUI on the 2nd. She's been the best friend ever to me while I've been out here. LOVE HER. :) I can't wait until she comes back in March for Spring Break. :)
Well, that's a veeeery short summary of the last 5 months of my life. Sorry to myself that I bailed on journaling for so long. Life just got busy. And it'll be busier than ever before with my callings and preparing for a mission. Hopefully the next time I write won't be before I am set apart.... whoops.... ;)
HAPPY 2K14! I hope it's a great one. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment