December 31, 2013

September in a Post

In September I started my first part of interviews with Bishop Petersen for my MISSION PAPERS!! I can't actually start them until November, but now Bishop knows that I am really serious about serving and I just have to keep checking in with him every so often. I'm sooo excited to start this new part of my life!!

I had my birthday dinner at Cheesecake Factory and had a wonderful chipotle salad followed by The Lone Ranger with my family afterwards.

I took my first ROAD TRIP with just Lauren up to Thatcher to visit our good friend Josie up at EA. She got her patriarchal blessing and wanted the both of us to be there with her when she got it. It was such a sweet and special trip!! I drove the whole way, we were only up there for a few hours, but it was such a fun day! Now my mom knows I can drive "long" distances on my own.. ;) She got her blessing, we went to lunch, and then did baptisms at the Gila Valley Temple. I've never been to that temple before, so it was awesome going to a temple other than the Mesa one.

At Institute I refound an old friend, Victoria, and she told me that I should apply for a job at her work. I've been trying for over a year to get a job, but it's near impossible to get a job out in Queen Creek. My bank account was growing smaller and smaller and I really needed to get money to pay for gas, insurance, bills, school, and MY MISSION. So odd jobs were NOT gonna cut it for me, unfortunately.. :( but I gave it a shot, and GUESS WHAT. They gave me an interviews on the spot, and then told me to come back the next day for another interview... I go for that interview, and I got HIRED! My first job!!! Cafe Zupas! I'm really nervous, but I need it super bad. It's gonna help me grow in so many ways. Thanks Victoria!! :)

I made a new friend at school, her name is Alika and she is awesome! :) We have tons in common, she's from Virginia and we're in the same psychology and institute class.

My friend Derek Petersen is in the school play Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe so I went to go see that. We did Anne of Green Gables last year, and one of our jokes in the play was "I NEED TO GO TO THE BATHROOM!!" I texted him and told him to throw that line in somewhere during the performance, and HE DID! Oh it was the funniest thing ever. He was Edmond, and right as he was wandering into the Witch's castle he shouted it. I love that kid.

I said goodbye to more friends who left on missions, and it just keeps going on!

No comments:

Post a Comment