December 31, 2013

August in a Post

Wow! I officially became one of "those bloggers" who go M.I.A. for a few months, come back and promise to be better about writing.. well I wish I could make that promise!! I have just been soooo busy with college and getting my first job and preparing for a mission!!

I'll start where I left off...

AUGUST

I got my first ever wedding photography job!! It was for Brad and Shannon Hall, I shot their reception first in downtown Mesa.. it was sooo terrifying, lemme tell ya!! And to make things worse, my camera lens was going crazy and their reception was in a very low lit room... it was very difficult and I wish I did a better job. Nonetheless it was a great experience!! I definitely want to get more familiar with my camera before I do another wedding or another big event. Maybe I just need a new lens... ;) I also shot my friend Meghan's 16th birthday friend shoot as well as a building advertising/commercial project in Mesa.

We finally switched to 9 AM church, and that's hard getting up for.. I think 10 would be perfect!! Maybe next year...

I spent lots of time with Kayla before school started! We watched lots of movies, baked lots of goodies, and visited friends who were in school. :)

I got my first letter from Cal!! I went to the Temple with Josie and did baptisms, I sure love that girl! She came to church with me the next day before going off to EA for her college experience.

Kami hit her 6 month mark in Chile!! Crazy that she has only one year left until she comes home! And then one year until I leave!! Time is kicking in fast.

I attended my school's new student orientation and started my first actual semester of college! I'm a big kid now!! I am SO thankful that I have a whole semester under my belt already from my Dual Enrollment classes in high school. I go to school ALL day on Mondays and Wednesdays. I take a computers class, a digital photography class, a psychology class, and a biology class. With a New Testament Institute class in the middle of the day. I really like the feel of college and being on my own and having just hours and hours to myself.

My cousin Addy got married!! Pretty soon it'll be Kourtney and then Ashlyn and then me!! Seems like we were all just having a sleep over talking about what it was like to get baptized...

For my 18th birthday, the Trotters and Hemstreets came over and we celebrated on Sunday like we do every year. Can't believe I'm an official adult!! Now maybe I should start acting like one...

I started Institute and Lauren even comes sometimes! She brought me lunch and KETCHUP POTATO CHIPS FROM CANADA for my birthday. I loooove those things... <3 But I was at school allllll day on my birthday. We're talking like 22 hours a week I'm at school.

August was a great month!! A big change from high school, that's for sure. I don't miss it at all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment