January 20th - January 26th
On Sunday we went to Grandma/pa Porter's house for dinner, which is always a great thing! I had to miss Mission Prep though... :/
Sunday school was great and before church we had choir practice again, but hardly anyone showed up.. but that's okay, we gave them cinnamon rolls for showing up. :)
Monday we had NO SCHOOL! I know on these days I can always plan on being with the Cluffs. :) I went to help out with an Eagle Scout project at 10. Me, Cal, Colton, and Boyd painted the fire hydrants at the high school and seminary building. It was a lot of fun! Not as labor intensive as I expected.. I guess the ones I've been to you pick oranges for hours and hours, or you plant trees and dig holes or whatever.. but this one was light and easy and fun!
Afterwards, I ran over to the Cluff's house to give them their pictures that I had ready and ended up going to the park with them to play soccer for a few hours! Then we went back to my house to play some games... and duct tape Noah... but that's another story.. ;)
Basically, I just love spending every minute I can with them! They can always put the BIGGEST smile on my face! I spent all weekend with them, so it's gonna be weird not seeing them tomorrow..
Well, Tuesday and Wednesday were rough days for me for some reason. I just was not feeling myself and I couldn't shake it! Talk about annoying.. I was just stressed about lots of things happening in my life: friend drama, school work, and other things that just happen in life. :P Wednesday I spent all mutual talking with Sister Kasper about my problems, and I am so glad that she takes the time to listen to me and has really good advice for me... I think I always know what I should do deep down in my heart, but I just like having other people say other paths so I can completely rule them out and feel more solid on my decision. She is a great listener, and I love her! I'm so blessed that she is my leader, we work so well together. As it turns out, Thursday wasn't all that great either. It rained, but that was probably the best thing that happened all day.
Friday it POURED! And it was so lovely. :) I got to babysit for the Caldwells again. I am so glad that school is out for the weekend. It's so much better than being in school. Or, at least being with the people.. sometimes I just wish I was homeschooled for certain parts, because kids are just plain stupid sometimes. I feel bad saying that, but really... the last thing I want to be doing is surrounding myself with people who are ridiculous. But I guess that is why high school exists.. not to teach you academics, really... but to teach you how to deal with all types of people.. I just need to get it in my head that these people still exist after high school and going off to college isn't going to put a huge filter over things.
Okay, so I thought it poured on Friday... it has been raining ALL DAY LONG!! Finally! I don't think I've ever seen it rain so much! The dirt road by my house is literally a river now, and you can't see like ten feet in front of you. I left my window open all night so I could listen to it and smell it.. I even woke up around four and just lightly sleeping so I could listen to it, because you never know how long it's going to stay raining. I went downstairs and was reading by myself for a few hours just taking in all the rain... I even thought about reading outside... but it's still January I keep forgetting.. :P I really just wanted to go hiking all day today, but it was pouring and there was no way that hiking up a mountain in the mud was going to work out too well.... by late afternoon, the rain had stopped and there was clouds covering the mountains.. all day long I was secretly hoping that the Cluffs would call asking to hang out.. AND THEY DID. It was like a dream come true! Cal called and I was so excited that he wanted to go hiking! I'm not crazy! Or maybe we both are... I think that's it. ;) We went to the San Tans and hiked up the mountain, and I went to the very top for the first time, and luckily the clouds stayed around long enough for us to just hang out in the clouds overlooking all of the Valley. It is SO beautiful up there, especially with a heavy overcast and you could see where it was raining all over the Valley. :) We got back right as the sun was down, so slowly the lights of Arizona came up and that was almost as beautiful.. I've never been one for big cities, but it is pretty in it's own way I suppose :) we headed back to their house for a bit and ate breakfast burritos and ice cream while we watched the BYU gymnastics event. It was a perfect weekend. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment