January 6th - 12th
Today was really good! :)
We got a new Sunday School teacher.. Brother Ortega! (okay, he wears this button I heard that he is an amazing teacher, so I look forward to next week when he actually starts teaching. Today we had a meeting with all the youth and parents to get caught up on the new teaching methods and such.
Today was technically my first week at Mission Prep.. I was there last week, but no one else was. I was surprised to see that there were so many kids from my school there! Good for them! There was such a great spirit there. Cal and this kid Tyler were doing the role playing for the lesson, and I can't even describe it.. they gave the first vision story, well Cal did... and he said it in the most beautiful way I've heard... I felt the spirit so strongly... he will be an AMAZING missionary.. you know what, he already is! He is the most amazing guy I have ever met. Honest. I felt so peaceful and awesome while he was up there talking. Blown away! Now that I'll have to do role playing eventually, he set the standards suuuper high for me! As he does with everything. ;)
Later that night, we went to Josh's open house, and THIS would be the last time I'd see him, for about four years probably!! I didn't realize that until after I left... which was sad because I thought he'd be back before I left... nope!! Oops. But it was good seeing him for the last time in a while... he was so happy! I hope I'll be as happy as he was when I leave.. I have a feeling that I will be so emotionally distraught. :P
BACK TO SCHOOL... It was weird thinking that this would be my last back to school with these kids.. and I'm still not attached to them.. that's another thing I was thinking throughout the day... It was kind of pessimistic.. but I was like, I have about 18 weeks left with these kids, and I will not miss a single one of them. The connection just never happened for me. And it didn't have to. All throughout my years at school. Probably because I knew this very day would come. I just never get attached to people when I know they aren't gonna be there for me... like I have this 6th sense about who to get attached to and who not to.. guess I'm good at not wasting my time. Slightly pessimistic, like I said earlier... but I am never gonna see most of these kids again, and I know where life is taking me, and it's not with them.
So after school I had to get Robotics club pictures, and the ENTIRE break I was stressing about trying to figure out how on earth I would be able to get these pictures before Monday, and it just wasn't happening.. so by a purely divine miracle, Robotics club was having a meeting after school and I was able to get pictures!! But I made a promise that I would work my hardest and not slack anymore... and I think that is what happened.
I was almost late to work because I was stuck in a room with a whole bunch of teenage boys who were awkward... but it was entertaining.
For Mutual we introduced the new theme for the year, and did some other stuff which was fun! I got to talk to my favorite guy beforehand, so my night was made! ;)
On Friday, I babysat the Palmers, which is always a good time! I always paint their nails and talk about the boys they like... ;) it's so much fun! But they are crazy talkative! ;) So cute.
I found out we were gonna read Dracula in English so I went and downloaded the iBook for it and read about 200 pages after they went to sleep waiting for their parents to come home. I LOVE THAT BOOK. It is so different from all the other "Classics".. I could actually get past the first page and know what they were talking about! I just like it a lot. :)
The next day, I went to Goodwill and got a really cute shirt and tank top... and then I met up with Lauren at Chipotle and ran into Tessa! Love that girl!! :) Me and Lauren got YJ and just talked and talked... went to Ross and Target and tried on ridiculous clothes... it's so weird to think that some people actually dress like that.. :P
Later that night, around 9 o'clock, Sister Kasper texted me and asked me to speak in church the next day. Yup. the next day. I of course accepted without hesitation, but she had to ask FIVE other girls before she finally decided to ask me, because she knew I'd say yes. I swear, five girls? Oh my goodness. It's just a talk! It's not hard at all. I had to speak on the First Presidency Message.
No comments:
Post a Comment