January 21, 2013

Down and then Back Up

January 13th - 19th

This morning I had BYC, a presidency meeting, AND a talk to give. BYC went great, as usual! I love sitting in those meetings, actually! I like knowing what's going on and what's going to happen. I found out that Girl's Camp is July 1st-4th... and I am not happy about that. I don't want to spend the 4th with a whole bunch of emotional teenage girls when I am allotted one day of emotional sadness a year.. I don't want to be in a bus full of girls singing camp songs either.. PLUS Cal could be leaving on the 3rd... and I do not want to miss that.. I would be so upset if I miss him on that day for two and a half years.. I can't do that. Like, it makes me so sad after we hang out all day and then he's gone.. how on earth am I supposed to make it two and a half years without him?? It's gonna take a miracle and daily strength, that is for sure! And the same exact thing goes for Kami... I get all panicky when I think about stuff like that..
After BYC I had a presidency meeting, which was great, too.
And at church, as I suspected, Brother Ortega is an amazing teacher! I like how he takes charge in his lessons and... I don't know.. there is something different about him!
My talk went okay... I felt like I didn't have enough time to prepare and actually connect with the topic, so I felt like it was a second class talk.. but it wasn't I guess. I know I said what I was supposed to say, I took a different approach to it as I always do.. I just felt like I rushed through it.. and I didn't talk a whole bunch. And then the adult speakers totally blew me out of the water! They were SO good, so I felt kind of dumb afterwards, and was kind of not myself for the rest of the day.. and I seriously don't know why I do that all the time.. I just feel like that when I don't do my best. :P Mission prep was great! It's so funny being there, but then you can also just feel so empowered by the Spirit at the same time. I am learning SO much, and it's only my second week! I'm glad I'm taking this step so early, yeah I have a year and a half to prepare, but I want to be as prepared as I can before I get out there.

On Tuesday yearbook had to be filmed for our school announcement commercial advertising the book... and I had to wear pink AND heels... I did not like one second of that! It was so weird, and I felt all weird and girly.. and believe me, I think there is nothing wrong with that! But it's not my style.. I think anyone would feel uncomfortable if they had to strut around school wearing something that was not them. :P I had to borrow the pink and heels from my mom because I own neither! All the girls were like, "You don't own anything pink or own any heels of any kind?" NOPE. I just feel weird. And being filmed was even weirder. And next week the whole school gets to see me pretend to be something I'm not.. yaaaay. :P I don't mind, just because they'll forget eventually and they probably won't even know it's me.

On Wednesday we had a motivational speaker, and he was SO good! He looked like he was a gangster, but he was the farthest thing from that. And I think it was good for the guys in our school to see that you can still have "swag" without being a druggie, or a drunk, or a total loser. And from what I heard it was a really good turnout!
At mutual, we made goals and such. I don't know why, but lately I've been kinda sad at mutual.. and it drives me crazy and I wish I could just snap out of it! I don't even know why I do that. Probably because I haven't been eating too well for the past few days since school got back in session, and I'm just tired of going to school and dealing with dumb people and yeah.. I should just put all that behind me, but whatever.
Before mutual, we had choir practice for Kami's farewell in two weeks, at first we didn't have a whole lot of people there, but as the night went on we got more people to show up and sing. It sounded really good! I realized that I am not such a good singer, and I have more of a radio voice rather than a church voice, which is kind of irritating at events like that. :P But I just have to keep my composure together while singing because I just smile a ton.

Thursday I finally got the new bedspread I ordered! :) It's about time!! It's so cute! It is taking some getting used to, but I think it looks snazzy! ;)

Friday I wore my NASA tshirt to school along with my Stormtrooper iPhone case... and people kept making little jokes about it... I am such a nerd.. but I love it! ;) I went over to Lauren's house and brought her QT just because we were both having a hard time, and what better way than to talk things out over some soda and homemade bread??

On Saturday, I woke up early to help set up shoes for a benefit garage sale in my ward. STP club once again. But that's okay! :) I really like it. I didn't see any shoes that I liked, so I didn't get any. After that I went to the Pine Wood Derby.. I felt guilty because I had never gone to any of my brother's events for sports or church stuff, but they were always forced to go to mine. So I supported Jo and watched him win a few races. Then I went to his and Caleb's basketball game... and then after that, Stacie called me up and asked if I could take their FAMILY PICTURES in like two hours... we made a deal last year that Cal would tutor me in exchange for photos... so finally they came through with my end of the bargain.. ;) We went to the Temple and I just snapped away! They are SO hilarious! I always knew this, but they were ten times funnier when I was just with them.. I had to switch lenses, so I was a bit awkward trying to get used to the distance.. but it all worked out super! I love love love their family so much! The whole time I felt so relaxed and skilled, most of the time I don't feel like that when shooting, so it was a nice change. I didn't even think about all the people around me staring... I got some really good candid ones... ;) I don't know, I just felt SO happy when I was with them, like they were my own family. :) Afterwards, we went to Barro's for dinner, and they got a ham and pineapple pizza for me! I made Cal try it without picking the pineapple off, and it turns out that he liked it. Sister Adams was there with her family, too. After they dropped me off I edited their pictures until about 1:30 in the morning.. After days like that, I always wonder why days have to end...

No comments:

Post a Comment