April 27, 2013

Exciting Week!! :)

April 7th-13th

We also had General Conference today! Okay, shamefully admitted, I didn't pay as close attention as I should have.. I'm gonna need to go back and listen a few more times and take notes for everything to sink in.. I do a lot of self reflecting during conference and then get so wrapped up in my thoughts that I'm no longer listening to what the speakers are saying.. I do this with a lot of things, so I really need to buckle down and kick it down a notch. We went over to my Grandma Glasgow's house for the afternoon session, like we always do.

WE GOT OUR CAPS AND GOWNS TODAY. Holy Hannah. I can't believe that it's actually in my possession!! I've always dreamt of wearing it, but now I'm actually holding it! I may have to carry it for the rest of school because it's really making me have a good attitude about school! I had a smile on my face the entire day! I just REALLY wish our school colors were different.. I hate purple and gold together. :P Our gowns are a hideous shade of bright purple.. but I can deal with it! Because after that I'll never have to wear it again! :) Haha and I have a peculiar goal to get married in three years from today. Because it'll be 04.08.16.. and that is pretty spiffy to me! Haha but the only problem is that I could still potentially be on my mission on this day, or I could just be getting home a month before... and that leaves very little time for dating, proposal, engagement, and planning a whole wedding.. ;) But we'll see!

We had a late start today because the rest of the school was taking AIMS. I'm so glad that those are all over!! I've paid my dues. :P It was raining! Whoop whoop! Something about the rain is so magical. ;) Oh and I also spent several hours applying for jobs... I've been doing this for about a year now, and NOTHING HAS COME OF IT. So I'm trying to stay positive and think that this is probably happening because I'll land an awesome job that I wouldn't be able to come across having been already employed, or I'll just have to work extra hard in the future... I really really really want a job, just so I can have something productive to do after school because I NEVER have homework, like ever. Plus I can learn how to work hard, get money, and just not be lazy anymore! I really want Kami's old job, or to work at Porter's job with him.. but so far nothing really. I mean I have lots of little odd jobs I do all the time: yardwork, babysitting, photography... I mean I just want to have something constant. I don't really think a desk job would be good for me, I would prefer not to work in food, I'll do clothing... but I'm just kinda picky. I guess after Kami landed that sweet job with some connections, I just think that the same should happen to me... we'll see..

We had another late start today! Oh, and our home teacher Gideon left on his mission today... I'm so sad! I love that guy!! :( But he'll be amazing, I just know it.
We started stake volleyball tonight! It's so much fun. I get a little competitive, but it's nothing serious. It was also Kayla's SIXTEENTH birthday! I'm so excited for her! They are driving back from Utah right now though, so what a bummer she spends her birthday in the car. They went to GC, which I am so jealous of!! Hopefully I'll be able to go in October this year. :)

It's my dad's birthday today! I sure do miss him. It's hard to believe it's almost been six years since he's passed away.. I never thought that that would happen to me, especially at a young age of 11.. but I've grown so much from that experience in ways that I couldn't have anywhere else. I wish I had more time to get to know him as I got older, as my memories are kind of fading.. but I know he's still with me and watching me as I grow up, and it's pretty great having an angel be at your side all the time keeping you safe. :) We went to Discovery Park and had Krazy Sub and played some games there. I gave an insight in Seminary today about my friend Zach's most recent letter to me, about how we need to not be afraid to share the gospel and whatnot.

Friday I had Katie over!! Ahh I just love it when she comes over. She's such a great person inside and out! So blessed to have her as my best friend for all these years. :)

Saturday was AMAZING. Okay. So me and Lauren got together and took some cap and gown pictures for her announcements at the Potato Barn, and they turned out SO good! I love photography, and I can't wait to get better at it and study it more in college. :) After that we went and got Cold Stone and had a creepy encounter with the cashier guy... :P and then we went over to Lauren's stake center to see our sweet friend Josie get baptized! It was such a great experience to see one of your buddies accept the gospel and be converted. I was in tears a few times. :) Afterwards, I went home and the Cluffs were at my house! We watched a movie and just talked like we always do.... UNTIL THE DOORBELL RANG. No one got it, so I walked up, and I saw a posterboard on the ground with a whole bunch of balloons on the doorstep.. I was a little shocked... I knew it was someone asking me to Prom... IT MUST BE CAL. But he's in the other room totally oblivious to what was happening twenty feet away.. And then my mom was behind me with her video camera telling me to tell her what happened. GREAT. My mom found a prom date for me. :P I was startled and couldn't really function properly.. after my sister started freaking out, everyone came and watched me figure out who it was.. Maizey came in with a knife and popped all the balloons.. they had notes in them, clues. Of course there were numbers on the balloons but we didn't see them until after she popped them... sheesh, wait your turn! You'll have many. :P so I just picked up a random note, and it was a picture of three year old me dancing with three year old CALEB TROTTER. Haha! Sweet! I'm going to Prom with my best friend! :) But then I opened the other notes.. and I'm glad that I found out who it was from the picture first, because 4/5 of those clues totally could have been Cal, and I would have said something to him before popping the rest, so thanks I guess to Maizey from saving me from some embarrassment. The notes said, "I like blue powerade" "I have blue eyes" "I have blonde hair" "I was your first dance" and "I was there when you were born" hahaahahahaha who else can say that they were there when you were born?! ;) But yeah if I had opened the notes in order, I totally would have been convinced it was Cal asking me to prom again, it even looked like his handwriting! I'm really excited to go with Caleb! :) Later I called him, and then he picked me up and we went and got his friend Derek to ask my friend Lauren... so me and her both have super cute dates now that all of the school will be jealous of. SWEET. ;) Now to find dresses!! :)

Overall, it was a rather exciting week!! :) High school sometimes is pretty great. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment