April 27, 2013

HELLO APRIL

April 1st-6th

I can't believe it's already April! Pretty soon I'll be GRADUATED and be freeeeee! ... well, sorta. ;)

Being April Fools Day, there were lots of weird things going on at school.. my teachers ALL decided they would give us pop quizzes, and then right at the beginning they'd say APRIL FOOLS! No test! ha ha ha. Very funny. :P Even my mom (for whatever reason) glued on googly eyes to the items in our fridge. NOW I understand why she was asking me where the googly eyes were at 10:30 the night before! ;) She makes the holidays fun, a little childish and cheesy, but fun. And I love it! She decorates the WHOLE house in whatever holiday getup there is out there. I probably will not decorate my house too much because I think it's a little tacky and the pickup and storage is terrible. :P
We also had a lock down today! We all thought it was a joke, but apparently some kid at my school's facebook status was threatening to blow something up at the school, so then everyone freaked out and we went into lockdown, nearly missed all of lunch.... Dumb kids. :P

On Wednesday we had a fireside with our Stake President! It was awesooooooome! He basically answered any questions that we had, and it was great to know that we are all on the SAME PAGE with standards. He left no room for guessing or justification, hopefully. :P Haha I was told it was going to be a bonfire, and was slightly let down when there was just a small fire pit that barely lit three rows back! Haha and there was at least six rows. I got lost in the Pecans so I was there late and sat in the back and could barely hear him... but it was still amazing from what I got from it! I also saw a shooting star! It was the longest one I've ever seen!! It was pretty spectacular. I wasn't in the best mood today, and I wasn't feeling my best! It was annoying.. one of those days where you feel annoyed for no apparent reason. But the fireside made me feel better! Aaaand I got to talk with some friends and that was great <3

We started to read Dracula in class today. I love it. It's so great and creepy. Haha later in the day I went shopping with Lauren and Josie to get her some church clothes for when she is baptized! I'm so proud of this girl for making this next step in her life!! :)

Friday we had the talent show at school during third hour, and it was a lot of fun! The winners weren't what I would have chosen, but it was still pretty good. Lots of singers and dancers, but what else can you really show off in a setting like that? The first place was a beat boxer, and I'll give him credit, that was pretty amazing!! Later that night I babysat for the Caldwells, and I just love their kids. So adorable!

Saturday we had General Conference!! I didn't watch it until Sunday, but I was waiting the whole time for President Monson to annouce that 18 year old girls can go on mission!! Didn't happen... but I wish it did! I have been feeling lately the need to just move on with my life! Not that I don't like living at home, but I just want a change! :P I don't know how to explain it.. because I couldn't live on my own for college just yet, but I totally could with a mission! Because they have more rules to follow, and I think right now if I didn't have any rules I'd probably never get anything done. Plus I so badly want to go on a mission!! :P I can submit my papers in about a year from now... so I'm in a few dilemmas.. :P I for one, don't have enough money saved up to go.. and it'll be a stretch to get that much saved up within a year and a half PLUS deal with college funds, because as of right now I have no scholarships, I mean it's only about $1,000 for this semester right now, but then I have two more until I can leave, if I even decide to keep going to school, I might just have to work full time to get that money saved up.. but then once I turn 18 I have to pay more for insurance, cell phone, gas, clothes, etc.. just everything!! So I'm gonna really need to learn how to be wiser with my money. I'm praying that I can somehow earn the money that I need to pay for everything. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment