April 30, 2013

Mystery Bars

April 14th-20th

We had our first practice of youth choir for Stake Conference today! It was great seeing SO many youth there singing! I'm excited, and I love being in the choir.. I may not have the most beautiful voice out there, but I feel pretty accomplished when I learn three new songs in one day. :) Cal got a calling to be a primary teacher, and so Sunday School is pretty boring without him.. :( I want to teach primary too, but that probably won't happen until after I graduate, so maybe just a few more weeks?? It's so weird to think that I'm nearing the end of my YW days! It's all I've known for nearly six years! I'm gonna miss it so bad!! Especially Girl's Camp, which I most likely won't go to this year, hopefully I'll have a job or something productive to be doing..

Monday me and Lauren and our moms went Prom dress browsing! And to our dismay, we found ZERO prom dresses that were even slightly acceptable . either they were way too expensive, way too short, way too ridiculous, or just not prom-y enough.. It was sad! Especially since there are more short prom dresses than there are long ones, something I thought would never happen!!
For FHE we delivered cookies to our neighbors who just moved in.. they have a similar family situation to ours, but they are an older couple and don't have any kids at home. Super great people though! Haha :)

We had mutual on Tuesday, and played stake volleyball!! The one thing I kind of regret about high school is not doing any sports... I do have to talent for it, but I just hate going to practices because I'm lazy and I have a hard time working with a team, especially when some people aren't pulling their weight.. I know that's bad to say, but maybe I would have done tennis or something? Haha something dorky yet awesome. ;)
I also had my last Seminary General Conference today! Ever since I was a freshie I wanted to participate somehow in this event, but never got asked... Lauren got asked to speak about two weeks ago, and I was jealous of her! I really wanted to speak, but I thought the opportunity was passed, until last week I got asked to give a talk on anything from General Conference! You get what you ask for.. ;) I spoke about the video shown in the YW Broadcast... made people cry... I cried.... the usual.. ;) Josie came and saw me and Lauren speak, and it was really neat talking to her afterwards.. she said that last night she prayed about some questions that she had, and that some of the talks answered her questions exactly! I don't know what they were, but I hope I sparked some desire in her heart to go to the temple.. :)
Also during the day AV club invited Yearbook to shoot a backwards video in the PAC. First time I had actually been on the stage for something like that. I couldn't do much because I was wearing a skirt for conference, but it was still fun!

So on Friday I bought the dress of my dreams for prom!! A couple of sizes too big... but it shouldn't be a problem to alter it! Actually, after that I went shopping in Phoenix with my momma and we found another dress of my dreams at Group USA... and it was nonreturnable, so I took a chance and bought it... and I'm thankful that I did because the dress I ordered, I was swimming in it and the color was waaaay different than what was shown online. The dress I got is a long and flowing empire waist dress that is a dark purple, with a ruched wrapped bodice and has fabric flowers on the straps.. we're gonna alter it and move the flowers down to cover more, and then sew cap sleeves on it.. I hope it doesn't look too ridiculous! I only have a week to figure it out!! :)
Lauren came over to make annoucements, look at my dress, and other fun stuff. :) LOVE HER. But she didn't leave my house until after midnight. GO HOME. ;)

Saturday morning I woke up earlier than usual to go to our new Laurel breakfast. We met at Sister Kasper's house and then drove to go get some of the new girls, we kidnapped them from their houses and made breakfast for them. We went and got Kylie and Kayla and some other girls and ate yummy food! I had to leave early to go work in the Pecans.. which I didn't really want to do because I was exhausted. Turns out, I looooved it! It reminded me a lot of Nauvoo and being in the trees there... of course, it was a bit hotter and I was sweating and covered in bits of tree, but it was still beautiful in it's own kind of way. ;) I worked at cutting off the suckers from 55 pecan trees for three hours, I was a slow worker, but those suckers were intense!! Some of them were thicker than the diameter of a silver dollar I had to chop off.... might I add.. with a garden spade. A GARDEN SPADE. I'm a beast, okay? :) Haha! No but it was worth it, I'm gonna be working here as much as I can in order to get money for school and all the other things for a mission and whatnot.
I invited Kayla over later in the afternoon just to hang out! :) It was so fun! I love that girl! I am making it a goal to hang out with her more, I can't believe I've known her for 2.5 years already!! We watched Prince Caspian and then made some lemon bars, which were actually lime bars, which looked pretty gross, but they tasted pretty great! Her mom had the idea that we should surprise Cal and Boyd who were at their EVMCO  concert in Mesa, so we did! They were very surprised to see us there! :) I also ran into Katie who is also in the choir. I wish I had actually seen the performance, but NO ONE told me about it until earlier this morning!! :P Definitely would have gone. We went and got Nielsen's frozen custard afterwards, I got a raspberry milkshake, which was heavenly.

No comments:

Post a Comment