December 31, 2012

Goodbye 2012

December 30th - December 31st

Sunday was great. We are starting a new curriculum next year where the youth are going to be more involved than ever with teaching and sharing and acting on what we know. It's wanting us to be able to teach like the Savior and be able to form our own testimonies and be able to prepare now to be a missionary. I'm so excited!! I think it will make the classmates grow closer and have a greater support group with the additional trust and respect it's going to demand. I hope that's how it turns out at least.. We learned about goal setting, as we do every year, but this time I feel more prepared to set goals that will actually push my future and life along... this next year is the one that will set the course for the rest of my life. I'm so scared, but I am so excited. Sister Kasper asked us to write down in detail where we thought we'd be in 5 years from now. And I had thought of that before, but I hadn't actually sat down and wrote it down and wrote down steps on how to do it.. and after writing it down, I feel like it's actually attainable, and I can see things play out in my life already that are leading me to my future... it's so crazy thinking that I'll be an adult in about 8 months... but I am ready to close this chapter in my life.. now I just have to wait.
After church I went to Mission Prep with Kami and Porter for the first time, but the teacher didn't come soo.... yeah maybe next week!! :)
Earlier in the day, we went to our friend Josh Andersen's farewell.. he's leaving on the 9th to Fort Worth, Texas. I'm so excited for him! :) He's been a great friend to me the past two years. We don't see or talk to each other that often, but he's a great guy and super nice. I think he was the first one of Kami's friends that I met. I'll miss Josh!! He thinks I look like Susan from Narnia, and tells me every single time I see him, and he told me that today, too. Haha but he says that she's pretty, so in a round about way he thinks I'm pretty, too. ;)
Me and Kami had one of our good talks last night, and we weren't even in our hallway! We were at the bottom of the stairs.. and we just talked about the future and what we wanted, and how people don't value the gospel, and how afraid we are for things to come... it was great being able to talk with her. I'm sure gonna miss that... :/

Today, the last day of 2012... I'm not sure what we're going to do. Hopefully have a few friends over, maybe do something exciting..?

No comments:

Post a Comment