December 06, 2012

Photos and Volleyball

November 25th - December 1st

Kami gave a talk in church today, which was really good... as always.. I always envy people's abilities to speak so well in front of people.. probably because I have speech problems and I can't ever speak the right way, but yet I am amazing at writing and speaking when I need to.. I guess I just admire that talent of people! I have it, but it hasn't transferred over to my regular everyday speech quite yet.. :P

For mutual we had another Priest/Laurel activity, and you know what? I love these nights! They are so much fun! We played volleyball, and of course things got out of hand real fast, but it was so hilarious. The guys are so weird and crazy.... and of course for whatever reason, I was NOT good at volleyball that night.. whenever I have to do things in front of people, I get my brain wiped clean and nothing registers and coordinates. So my serves didn't even go over the net.. I think as I'm getting older, I'm getting less talented at athletic events. When I was younger, that's all I did was sports. Now I'm lucky if I go running at least once in the month. It's so sad because I used to be SO good at all sports. I'm still pretty good at softball, so that's good, but it takes me a lot longer to get back into the swing of things. I'm only 17! I'm not supposed to be old yet!! So, looking on the bright side, it only gets better from here on out!! :P

I took Lauren's family pictures on Friday after school. And it was so much fun. I love love love her family. They are so hilarious!! I couldn't stop laughing during the session. And they already had their poses all figured out, which was nice. Here are some of my favorites:











So I just LOVE how these turned out! The sunlight was gorgeous and golden and just lit up everything! Eeep! Things like this make me love photography even more, and I'm excited for the new job I got interning for Chea Lamb! She's a really good photographer in the area, and I get to help her with her editing and such, and in return she's going to teach me how to do the photo shoot thing better.. so I'm so thrilled! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment