December 2nd - December 8th
The beginning of this week was pretty uneventful... I had a full week of school ahead of me and I just want it to be over with! I don't think I'll get true Senioritis, but I'll probably get pretty close. I've never been one to not turn in assignments on time or just not go to school or skip classes... I'm too afraid to and besides, I think it's ridiculous! If you don't do the mundane things like schoolwork now, then how are you supposed to learn to manage time wisely and heed your leaders? I think school's really only reason is that. Sure the academics are important, too.. but that's really the bigger meaning I think :P
We also realized that we will have spent about 20% of our lives in school... which is sad to think.. also that when the "end of the world" happens in a few weeks, we'll be in school. Practically you're born, raised, and you die (in our case) at school. But life is a learning experience, so pretty much you're in "school" for your whole entire life. It's a nice though, yeah?
OH! But we had a little yearbook pow-wow. We all passed around the stress cow and let out our emotions about yearbook and the people in it in a very constructive way.
For Mutual this week we decorated gingerbread (cinnamon graham crackers) houses.. it was a joint activity. Don't get me wrong, those are still suuuper fun, but sometimes the deacons get a little out of hand.. Caleb for instance, let other kids spread frosting all over his face, and then they stuck candy on it so he had a confectionery face mask. I begged and pleaded for him to go wash it off because he looked like a little child, but who listens to Bentley? Oh yeah. No one. :P It was still fun though, I didn't do much decorating.. I was kind of feeling a bit down. But it's not my fault! Kinda.. anyways, I'm pretty easily affected by other people's emotions.. like I can tell when they're sad and I'm able to help them through it by feeling what they are.. and I've been through a lot of heartache and a lot of happiness, so I have a fairly experienced range of emotional knowledge... so I noticed that one of my friends wasn't acting his self, so I got a little sad because I couldn't talk with him about it, for dumb reasons on my part. :P So then I started acting like not my self... and when I get upset, it takes me a while to get back into the swing of things, not that I dwell on the negative for so long, but that it just drains my energy, which I have little of sometimes. :P Anyways, I wasn't as happy as I thought I was going to be that night, but actually it turned out to be not that bad towards the end! So all's well that ends well, I suppose.
Oh, I also like how I'm the only girl who ever helps out with anything. That's cool, too.
Thursday was Ugly Sweater Day. So I wore my horse sweater that gallops through a knitted, itchy field.
Friday we played another round of spoons at lunch, I got pretend strangled by Geordan because I called him a giant... don't mess with Geordan the Giant.. ;) we had a party in yearbook with lots of yummy food, (apple avocado salsa, root beer floats, butterfinger cake... yummmm) I also went to advisory for the first time today! It was kind of weird and threw the rest of my day off.. it felt like a half day went overtime. :P
After school I got tutoring from Cal! Always a fun time.. My brain actually worked more today than it did a month ago the last time I got tutoring.. I just feel completely ridiculous because he's so super smart. And I'm so super not. At least in math. Give me ANY other subject non math related and I WILL be able to understand. But that's not how the world works.. :( But anyways, it went waay smoother than it did the first time, possibly because we were at my house in a different room from my family, so I was a lot more comfortable with the environment. But he is still so hilarious, even when helping me out with my problem with negative numbers. I wish I could take him to my math class with me on a daily basis so he can translate it into dumb people language for me. THAT would make my life so much easier. Haha we talked about him tutoring me on Wednesday, and then of course I said I might call him... so I get home on Friday with two emails in my inbox from him saying stuff like: you WILL call me in the next five minutes to ask for tutoring... I know you're there! I'm waving my hand like a Jedi, etc. But his Jedi powers don't work on me, so we have a complicated relationship... haha ;) But Cal's great. Now if we could hang out more without talking about math, now THAT'S the trick. ;)
Later that night, I went on a date... YES FOLKS, it happens on a rare occasion. Me and Ryan, and Sam and Lauren went out to the Temple Lights, and although it was awkward at the beginning, (we kept running into everyone we could possibly know and introducing people while getting questioning looks because the 4 of us don't get out much..) Oh! I ran into the Cluffs and I could just FEEL them questioning who the two boys I were with were.. It was awkward. Mainly because it felt like Sam and Lauren on a date while me and Ryan kinda just tagged along. But that's okay. I didn't mind. After walking around for probably an hour, we went to In-n-Out and chatted for probably another hour, plus an hour driving time to get back to Lauren's house, where we talked for probably another three hours.. the talking was my favorite part personally. Sam and Lauren were watching some videos on YouTube inside and me and Ryan were chilling outside while we talked about our feelings and such over a crackling campfire that Ryan lit himself. ;) haha and we looked at the stars and imagined we were out in the woods camping. It was magical. ;) haha
But I didn't get home until around midnight, and as everyone knows, I shut off at 9. So I was DEAD TIRED. It was so exhausting, but still a lot of fun. :) First date in 7 months... might as well be single forever! Jaykay. I'm so glad that I'm not one of those girls who gets asked out every single weekend. I don't know what I'd do with myself. I think I'd start showing up in my jammies and then beg to leave at 8:45. And then no one would ever ask me out again! Muahahaha.
Saturday I was soooo tired all day long. :P I went to Goodwill with Kami just to get out of the house and to try to find her a filing cabinet. We didn't. But we found lots of cute belts and skirts! ;) And then we made our favorite black bean and chicken burritos.. <3 We make really good food, sure it's simple and usually only has a maximum of five ingredients, but it's so good.
We had a ward Christmas party at Bishops house. And it was not what I thought it would be. There was a puppet show (slightly freaking and geared very much towards young children) and then our primary singing group sang (they were cute and not freaky, so I enjoyed it) and there was a small dinner and a horse drawn hay ride. I was expecting what the rest of the parties are like: a huge potluck, with hay rides, and lots of time for talking and such. But since they were performances, we couldn't talk.. :( and that is what I was looking forward to the most. Don't get me wrong, it was still enjoyable and lovely, but I just wanted to talk to my friends instead. I had to leave early anyway to get ready for WINTER FORMAL. I ran home, took a shower, and got all ready within an hour. I'm a beast. And I did my own hair and make up and I thought I looked pretty amazing. ;) I drove over and got Lauren, then Ryan, and took the loooong way to get Cody.. we finally got to his house around 7. And we listened to all sorts of random music in my car.. haha we FINALLY got to the San Tan Mall around 7:30 and ate dinner in a super cool glass-walled hallway up in Lauren's dad's office building up there. We had a pretty good view of the mall, and everyone in it. We then decided to wave at people to get their attention, because honestly, who wouldn't want to get waved at from some well dressed strangers in a glass hallway above their heads? Well, it turns out, lots of people... out of the 300 people we saw walking the mall, only about 30 of them actually were observant enough to see 6 fancy people wave at them. We even toasted to them, too! But the best part of that was when Savannah and Michael left and walked across the street to wave at us.. this other group of people waved back at them instead, and then Savannah and Michael started to point at us, the group of people turned around, and we all were happily and frantically waving at them! It was SO funny! We made lots of friends that night. ;) But out group was SO funny!! I was laughing the entire night and my fave hurt from smiling when I got home. After dinner, we finished around 10 because we kept talking and such, we decided Oh yeah, the dance!! So we hurried there and got to the school... all my nightmares about school look JUST like this dance. hahaha someone could have gotten epilepsy from being in there for more than a few minutes. We aren't much of dancers, so we just stood in a group in the back of the middle of the gym. And we people watched and mockingly mimicked other people's dancing... we got the "Write the Essay", "Maracas", "Row the Boat", "Cheese Grater" and some other lovely numbers.. and THEN these two girls started doing this weird, weird lyrical dance to this rap song... so naturally, we copied them step for step in the corner.. until the girl face planted it... then we didn't copy them. We left, and then went to my house for a few minutes to get some water. And then I dropped everyone off at their houses and I got back and crashed. I'm so tired.
No comments:
Post a Comment