December 9th - 15th
Well I was exhausted from Winter Formal!! But, I'm never too tired for Church. I wore my BRIGHT RED dress to church, and it was kind of weird.. I've never worn a dance dress to church before, so it was weird. But everyone else was, too so I didn't feel too out of place.
The rest of my week was a blur for the most part..
Wednesday we went to Sister Stradling's house and cleaned for a while. I love service mutual activities, they are so beneficial to everyone and you just feel so light and happy afterwards! I'm so blessed that I love doing service. A lot of the girls were complaining at first, but thankfully their hearts were touched as they worked. Funny how the Spirit works. :)
Saturday I went to Goodwill and got some schtuff.. I love love love that place! Well, if they have good stuff, then I like it. ;) Cal came over later and tutored me, and you know what.. I think I'm beginning to understand math more when he explains it!! I still get confused, but really, he is a miracle worker!! I have my math finals coming up next week, and I feel actually pretty calm about them. Normally I'd be losing sleep, and stressing to the point of not eating and just getting sick. But I don't have that this year.. it could be senioritis and me just not caring anymore, but I'm pretty sure it's because of Cal. I don't see math as this enemy who is trying to destroy my high school career... it still is to some point, but it's not as intimidating as before.
Kayla called while he was tutoring me, asking if I wanted to go to the Nutcracker with her, and I said sure! I'd rather stay and get more help from Cal, but a break would be nice! I tried talking Cal into going with us, but he just laughed at me and went back to my math book.... It was worth a try! I tried for the next half an hour to persuade him going, but he would not give in! Shoot, he's a tough one. But I already knew that. ;P
So I went back to his house and it was getting late, and it was raining pretty hard, and Westwood High School was a long ways away, so we just decided that I was going to stick around for a few hours and play games instead. I played Yahtzee for the first time... I got a Yahtzee! actually, and it was pretty exciting, but that was the only exciting part. ;) I helped them make chocolate covered pretzels. And then we played Scatergories, which is super fun! Me and Cal kept thinking of the same ridiculous words, and we had to keep crossing them off.. but seriously, who else thinks of "Manatee" as their first word for Animal beginning with M. And several other ones... :P Hahah I am beginning to think more like him the more I am around him, so this is all very interesting. ;)
His parents came home around 10:30 and we all were just talking for a while. I just love the Cluff family. I could spend hours and hours with them all, and never get tired of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment