December 22, 2012

Halfway There!!

December 16th - 22nd

FINALS WEEK. Ohmygosh. It's here. I'm almost halfway done with my Senior year. I never thought this week would come. And now I think it will never be over. :P
On Sunday we went over to the Cluff's house to help them make their Christmas card video. It was so funny. We played Scrabble, which I am terrible at.. but they decided I won anyways at the beginning. ;) I took home the win after my word Squidrocks. Which IS a word in my unpublished book. ;) After four takes of them trying to sing and laughing in the middle, they got it! My family was no help at all trying to help them not laugh..

The next day I had to present my St. Patricks' Day presentation in English. I got a little nervous in the beginning, but I was totally fine, and we got 102%! Yay!

Tuesday I had my first part of my math final... and it was the strangest thing.. I got a full nights rest, I woke up on time feeling energetic and ready to go, I ate breakfast without getting sick, and I was actually determined to pass and get going on the test. I even had to wake up earlier than normal to get there early to get as much time as possible on my test, because I'm so slow at math. I get there, and fly through my test... EVERYTHING MADE SENSE. I do not know what happened with my brain, but it was all the way there! I was focused and calm and relaxed... and the numbers made sense. I don't know if I got a good grade or not, but I don't really care, because I felt so accomplished anyways. I know I had done my best throughout the semester, and I promised that I would try extra hard the next semester. Prayers are answered, definitely!!

next day, the same thing happened with part two of my final.. I found out later that I got a C overall, which does not bother me one bit. I made it through my last math finals feeling so confident and secure, which is better than any letter grade, because I learned something so much more valuable. CAL IS A MIRACLE WORKER. That night we had mutual, Elf on a Shelf, and the Laurels were all scattered around the Target shopping center, with different Christmas tasks for the girls to complete. It was a lot of fun! I invited a nonmember girl Samantha who I have been running into in the bathroom everyday for the past week. She used to come to mutual and other stake activities about a year and a half ago, but after Youth Conference she just stopped coming for some reason. So I took the opportunities to invite her, and SHE CAME! And she had fun! I hope she starts coming more often, because she is so sweet.

Now my other finals start.. I had my Econ, Art, and English finals today. I was about twenty minutes late to school. Why? BECAUSE THERE WAS  I C E  ON MY WINDSHIELD AND I COULD NOT SEE ANYTHING. And the traffic was really bad, too. But seriously, ICE?! I live in Arizona so I don't have to deal with this stuff! It was everywhere. There was frost/snow on the ground and ice everywhere. It was so scary! How am I supposed to function when it's 30 degrees outside? :( It made me happy and excited yet very upset at the same time, probably because I don't know how to deal with that stuff.. I had to drive to school with my window down and head out so I could see the road. My heater doesn't work. I was probably getting hypothermia because once I got to class, my fingers were burning hot while defrosting. It was terrible. Almost as terrible as the grade I got on my final. But I still have an A in the class, so I don't really care. Art was easy, English was easy. Yup.

The next day I had my Yearbook, Graphic Design, and Seminary final. So basically, only my GD final. Yearbook was terrible. I didn't get like a fourth of my deadline done, and so I had to write a grade defense. Really it was not my fault. I could not get pictures because the season doesn't even start until we come back from break. I'm the only club who does not have pictures.. so it looks really bad, but if our deadline isn't even due until the 7th and the season starts on the 5th, I think I should be okay with getting photos two days before, but apparently that's not okay. So basically, I do all this extra work that I don't even get credit for, but without me, the book would seriously look hideous and fall apart. So I had to write one, and another one for not turning in my other time logs. She is so ridiculous. I have been taking this for 4 years, not once have I had to log my time or turn in assignments. And I still manage my time perfectly. It's so annoying.
Katie came over after school and brought me Krazy Sub.. <3 <3 <3 we went and learned how to write in Elvish, and got some YJ,  Japanese marble soda, and just had a lovely time. Always love to be with Katiekins!
After she left, I went over to Lauren's house and we Smashbooked for a few hours, and we talked, ate pie and nachos, got my headband criticized and then I went home and I got sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment