So, not gonna lie.. I was a bit nervous for today. Church is one of my favorite things, but sometimes... The people can really bring me down. Especially those teenagers who are so not together with the gospel... It's just frustrating and hinders my growth sometimes. :/
Today was testimony fast meeting. Taylor brought her friend Alexyss, she was also in her talent show group, to church with us! Before hand she was confusing Lexy with all this overload info, haha it was really sweet. But I'm so proud of her! She got up the courage and followed through! I wish I would have followed through a few times in those situations. I have enough courage, just not the persistence! So she came and she really liked it! :) Taylor even got up and bore her testimony!!
During the closing prayer was just golden. This lady decided that in the middle of her prayer, she was gonna drift off and give a mini lesson, "sometimes we forget to be nice to each other. We just have to realize that a simple "hi how are ya?" can change lives." etc. I was trying SO hard not to laugh, but then Jen poked my side and so say she is hearing this shiz, too! Haha! Sooo funny. :)
Anywhoo, I was directed to Sunday School (my least fave part) but was actually really surprised! They all welcomed me in and were SUPER nice and good! They respected the teacher and each other and were just appropriately goofy. I was expecting the whole "too cool for church" personas that I'm used to. It was a lovely change! I'm gonna miss that! I think I could have been friends with all those people, actually! I should move here permanently! ;)
Young Women's was great! It's a REALLY small youth, but they are all so great! I do better with smaller groups anyways. There were three other visitors, so i wasn't as nervous as I thought I would be. The lesson was on being nice and friendly to people all the time because you never know...! It was not just the lesson, but he girls and my overall experience that made me want to go home and be that awesome Laurel! I know I have it in me, I'm just too reserved and people have never seen that side of me. I'm just too content with the person I am. I decided that I'm going to be more upbeat/outgoing/optimistic/friendly/genuine! It's a done deal. I'm gonna be better. :) keep me in line with this one!
After church we chilled. Ate some yummy food. Took a nap. Talked. The usual! :) going home tomorrow... I don't think that I want to! The girls came in and told me bye! It was so sweet! They all want me to stay forever. I can't go home now! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment