June 06, 2012

Sketchy Times in Cali

June 4th

Well. Today is the day! I'm going home from California... :( Our plans for the day are Belmont Park and just hanging out in San Diego! I don't know how I feel about Belmont Park... sounds kinda sketchy! I had to say goodbye to the girls this morning! So sad! Sara didn't say bye, however... she kinda ran out the door. Oh well, I'll see them all again at the end of July!

We went to Chili's for lunch and me and Jen got this Santa Fe salad from our waiter, Abdul, who looked like he was casting a spell on our food... odd people in Vista, I've realized!! The salad was suuuuuper yummy, but really spicy. After that we headed down to Cedros Avenue, it is this "Design District" thingy. We were expecting this hippie woodstock flee market thing where they would be selling weed and such.. but it actually wasn't! It was this lovely place with lots of CUTE shops! Leaping Lotus is pretty cool. It had all of these little boutiques IN the store. They had stuff from inappropriate soaps and sanitizers, practical jokes, witty books, furniture and cute clothes. I'd definitely go back! :)

A little further down there was this place called Solo.... cue the heavenly "aaaaaahhhhhh"s, please! It was like heaven, no joke. They had a ton of cute stuff and I wanted to buy everything. There were all of these antique 50's vintage house decorations.... I MUST HAVE EVERYTHING! Haha! It was like a candy store for me. Ahh I can't wait to have my own house and family. We're going to be soooo cute! ;) But that's not the only reason I'm excited, of course. :) Cedros Avenue had a little bit of a European feeling to it, they had photography galleries, cafes, furniture shops, tons of boutiques... it was nice!

We went to a mall somewhere in San Diego later. We had some very fruity frozen hardly any yogurt yogurt. We went to American Eagle and bought matching brown skinny jeans! I'm excited! I was going to get some of the coral ones, but the brown jeans would go with a lot more of my clothes I decided. Also, they were cheaper, AND mismarked twice, so we got them for like 30 bucks. Which is the cheapest you're gonna see any good skinny jeans.. I wish I could have gotten the coral ones, too... maybe later? :)

After that, we ran over to Mission Beach and Belmont Park. I realized that I have been there before! But the last time must have been when my dad was still around... so probably over 5 years ago! We walked around, got an ice cream cone the size of an arm, practically.. and then people watched... saw a drug bust, and a man on a bike pulling a dog in a carrier thing.... haha it was pretty great...

Throughout the day, Southwest Airlines kept texting me all day changing the time of my departure!! It was kinda annoying. It was originally supposed to leave at 5:45, then 8:00, then 7:25, then 7:00... and then at 4:30 I got ANOTHER text saying that it was back to 5:45.... are they crazy?! That's just barely over an hour, so thank goodness we were right next to the airport!! So we booked it over there, said goodbye, and I got to my gate on time! I was worried because the entire time over there my phone and iPod kept dying on me! So my battery on my phone was super low, and they said that I could still have a delayed flight.. some ladies were talking about how the plane we were going on had some mechanical issues, but they decided to "look at the bigger picture" and NOT switch out our plane to fix it.... uhhhhhh... should I be scared?! Haha well, I was a bit worried.

I got on the plane in the first group and sat right on the wing in one of those awkward seats with the two windows in one.. :P So I had my head turned to the left for about an hour.. BIG MISTAKE. My neck hurts soooo badly now! :( And there were no missionary experiences on the way home.. just some big people who were drinking alcohol... that makes me so uncomfortable! Ahhh.. It's so disgusting. My flight got in with no mechanical issues, thank goodness! But my mom was on the opposite side of the airport waiting for me, so it took us a while to get out of there..

All in all, I loooooved being up there! Sure, we watched The Middle for the most part and didn't do all that much, but I loved what we did do! Thank you soooo much Basso family for letting me crash your lives for a week. It was so much fun! :)

Liiiiike...
The scary and classy people at Mission Beach.
Garret and his juice box at Jayne's soccer game, and she scored a goal!! :D
Jayne vomiting before her Talent Show performance from Island's. "I GOT LICE!"
The "bagle" bread crumb mess in the courtyard from Sara and Braelyn.. never leave kids unattended while watching Prison Break.
Our arm sized ice cream cones at Mission Beach.
The sermon tangent in the prayer at church. "Sometimes we forget to be nice, and that a friendly "hi, how are you?" can change someone's day."
The sunburn I got on my left thigh that is the shape and size of Kentucky.
The pure talent we saw at Breeze Hill elementary school, the five billion Adeles, the black dancers, and the glow stick dancers!
Watching The Middle and realizing the uncanny similarities between me, Sue, and Brick!! :P
The Basso Witch Project, aka Jayne's FREAKY iPod movie involving a blacked out screen, creepy piano music, lots of weird camera angles and spying on people underneath doors... it was legit stuff!
The creepy white fairy things crawling out of animal chests in Snow White and the Hunstman.
Jen's bark yawn after the movies.
The stinky pond next to Moonlight Beach with MY window rolled down. "You know, it smells bad over here because of that stinky pond over there." Roll up my window then, geez!
Sara claiming that she "tastes like a baby bird." Probably because of the baby birds on the granny flat.
Homeless people in bushes on the side of the road that Jen said Jayne was going to live with them.
And the trash body bag on the side of the road... it was two trash bags duct taped together in the middle, staying there despite the wind blowing... sketchy!

Lots of more stuff, too! :) Thanks for the great time!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous07 June, 2012

    Awwww I'm sitting here laughing and crying!!! Twas an epic week, my dear!!! Love and miss you. I kinds felt like I had a piece of Rod all to myself for a few days. :)

    ReplyDelete