June 10, 2012

Pretty Great

Today was pretty great. Church was ever so lovely! Garrett gave a talk on Repentance, which was pretty great! I wonder when I'll be giving another talk. I gave my first one last March, and a couple of the same kids have given a few this year! I actually kind of like speaking, but maybe I'm not good at it or my influence is not at the pulpit or that I stutter and mess up words? Maybe a combination of the three? Haha I haven't the foggiest.
Sunday school we didn't do much. What a surprise. Haha it was quite entertaining, I suppose, but when your teacher openly states that he has no motivation to teach, and the kids in your class are in need of some spiritual help... Then that's not the best thing. We talked about Sasquatch, Scout Camp, poop, etc. it's a waste of time, but I'm not gonna say anything! Ill get murdered.
Young Women's was lovely. We learned about setting a good example, which has been on my mind for a while. I am a good girl, I mean I do everything in supposed to do willingly, I don't do anything I'm not supposed to do because I'm wise and mature, but I don't feel like I'm doing enough!! I guess everyone feels like that, but since I'm like an old person in a young body, I feel like my time is up and I haven't done anything to show for it! I know that i do a lot, but there is always something more, ya know?
Girls Camp is TOMORROW! Oh my goodness. That snuck up on everyone real fast. Still don't know what we're doing. Nothing is worse than not knowing things. I don't like going into things like this blindly! I know there is nothing to worry about, and it'll all be fine, and I'll get a schedule eventually! I used I be totally go with the flow, and I still am in a lot of ways, but I dunno. I give up on trying to analyze myself. It doesn't work!!
Grandma Glasgow came over for dinner. She showed us this GlennBeck video on Stephanie Nielson. It was really touching! She and her husband a few years ago were in a plane crash and suffered from burning about 60%+ of their bodies. They're LDS so they were sharing their views and triumphs from this trial, and it was real neat!! I love it when good people say good things. Nothing is better than that! Glenn Beck said something like most marriages would end in divorce if a disaster like this occurred. That really hit me! Marriage has always been a huge thing for me. And that is going onto my list! Someone who can walk by my side in trials and such. I have a white box with a whole bunch of papers in it with qualities written that I need my future husband to have, and those go for me, too. I want mine to be an example for everyone else and to be able to inspire and uplift others into bettering themselves. And that is a huge task I'm willing to take on because I have a strong testimony of marriage and families and the effects they have on everything in this world. I guess that's the thing that I need to do better. Prepare myself now for whatever the future brings. Another thing I don't like, not knowing what's gonna happen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment