PROM WAS TODAY! (well, yesterday...) anyways, I was totally in a weird mood all day, I was kind of upset because I really didn't know what to expect from tonight, and so I was a little grumpy and out of it. Sorry Lauren!! I know I'm a total meany-head. Thankfully, the night was so much fun!!! :D
I went to Lauren's grandma's house to get ready at noon, her sister Ellyse did my hair in a half updo with a french braid thing at the top and curls down. It was super pretty!! Just what I wanted, thanks Ellyse! :D And then we watched How It's Made for two hours while our freezer hamburgers cooked.. after learning all about luxury boxes, scooters, water heaters, and how smoking can cause your limbs to fall off (???) we went to her YW leader's house, and she and Ellyse did our makeup! I went for a natural gold eye look, and it was so pretty! It was kind of uncomfortable because she was using the same brushes (sharing germ freak over here) and she put on blush, and primer, and dark pink lip gloss, and all this other stuff I don't use and don't know how to use! It was weird, but it was nice to look really pretty for the time!!
After we got all dolled up, we went back to her house, got dressed, and then drove back to my house, forgot Lauren's ID, and went back 20 minutes to her house, and made it back to mine in time for us to finish getting all the last minute things put together before Zach showed up around 6 ish. He actually looked really nice! And Porter's tie matched PERFECTLY with Lauren's dress and we all looked pretty attractive if I do say so myself. ;) We did the whole awkward pinning of the boutinieres and corsages with pictures, and then we went and took photos at the Potato Barn on William's Field at perfect sunset light time. I was super happy with how everything was turning out. It wasn't awkward or weird, it was tons of fun being goofy and ridiculous. :) I'm proud of myself! First date was a success!! :D
After pictures, we drove to Joe's Real BBQ out in Gilbert and ate pulled pork sandwiches, macaroni and cheese, jello and fruit, cookies, and red cream soda! I was still super full from those hamburgers. :P It was Zach's first time there, and he liked it! He was worried that he'd spill on himself, but he didn't. What did I tell him.. haha! It was legit walking through Joe's with our prom outfits on... the lady who we ordered our food from asked if me and Zach got married (bad idea to wear an off white and lace prom dress I suppose...) and if Porter and Lauren were out wedding party... uhh... we are 16 and 17, WAAAAY too young to be getting married..... :P and then word spread and we had a few people tell us congratulations.... oh boy. That was awkward. Haha!
After dinner, we went to go out to the car.... but Lauren's headlights were ON!! Ahhh!! Then, to our dismay, her car wouldn't start because the battery died. Lovely, we're stranded at Joe's in creepy downtown Gilbert at 9 PM. I called my mom, and she sent my angel of an uncle Dennis to help jump start our car... ahh he was a lifesaver!! It was pretty much the best thing that ever happened. First date going to prom, all is going perfectly, and then.... the car dies. Is this a movie, or something?? haha! We all thought it was the funniest thing ever.
After we got that working, we TRIED to find this Villa Siena place... okay, our map was backwards or something, or I should've been fired immediately from being navigator.. I got us lost... and a total of 3 u-turns later, we were at prom!! It was so pretty there!! I saw all the kids who harass me in all of my classes, it was fabulous. It was not at all what I expected, there wasn't a ton of dirty dancing, so luckily I felt comfortable there, it wasn't all hot and muggy, they played decent music... it was a lot of fun! I got lots of compliments on my dress, and of course gave the credit to my momma! We awkwardly danced a bit, talked to some of our friends, Zach stuffed his face with cake balls, we danced one slow dance to Today Was A Fairytale by Taylor Swift (not a slow song at all...) but that's okay! We only stayed for about an hour because it was getting late and Lauren had to speak in Stake Conference the next day..
On the way back we jammed out to some lovely arrangements of classical music, B.o.B's So Good, and Somebody That I Used To Know by Goyte... and it was so much fun! :) We all had a lovely time and I consider this first date a success! I can't wait to go to Mormon Prom with Cal now! Anybody got any ideas on answering him back?? :)














No comments:
Post a Comment