I'll look back on this and smile, because it was life and I decided to live it.
March 20, 2012
Cruising Through Life
The day is finally here!! :D we ate breakfast (of pineapple and corn bread muffins which are the two greatest things on this earth) and then left for our "magical California vacation" at nine ish. I was editing photos the entire drive on Pixlr on Toby's brand new Mac book pro air thingy. That thing weighs like not even a pound, plus it's super fast and gorgeous. <3 my mom started video taping the back of the car when we pulled into the harbor port at Long Beach, it was so funny! All of the kids had the most confused look on their faces. I don't think they got the reaction they were expecting. ;) we actually drove right past DLand and CAdventure, so the kiddos were all pumped and excited, except for Caleb who was hoping it would be closed and so we could go to the beach instead. The other day, Toby accidentally printed off one of our boarding passes and the kids saw it, but he played it off like it was a trick. Haha!! And they believes him. So this time they kinda slowly accepted that fact and weren't as "excited". Everything was going great, that is until a few days ago when Toby scanned Garrett's birth certificate as Kami's, and since we're going to Mexico, thats not okay! So we had to wait around for an hour and a half before we could actually board the ship. it's been super cold and cloudy ALL DAY. I was hoping to get a "tan", but looks like that is outta the way! Oh well. The ship is HUGE. Ive been slightly seasick and a wee bit nauseous. But I feel fine if I don't think about all the weight the boat is carrying and all the bumps I hear and all the scary movies and shows I've seen about sinking cruise liners and how were on the bottom of the ship and things of that nature too much!! ;) I've been getting more worried recently and I don't like it! And then after we ate all of the yummy food, our luggage finally came and we went and sat in the hot tub for a few minutes before we all had to participate in the safety procedures. That did not help my fears, thank you very much! ;) Cruises bring the best subjects for people watching. ;) I'm getting over my fear though, the shower was amazing! Nice and hot!! :) for dinner we tried escargots and fancy cheeses like cool people. And it was great! I discovered that Brie makes me cringe and that I'll just stick to Swiss and Port Salut haha no blue cheese or Gouda (sadly :( ) for me!! We're headed for Mexico right now, and this should be fun! I dunno if we're going to get off the ship or not as of now. But I'm excited! It's been totally different than what I've expected! The people dance a TON and there are photographers everywhere with stage pirates and such. I can't wait to see what the ret of the cruise brings!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment