March 05, 2012

Real Hearts

It was a super great day for me!! I woke up, made myself some scrambled eggs for breakfast and had tons of energy the whole day. I felt no weariness at all which is so weird... haha we watched this really cool video in Anatomy about lab-grown organs and such. They took a heart from a dead rat, and extracted all of the dead cells in it so it turned completely white, then they took cells from a living rat and injected them in the white heart and after a few days, the new cells had bound to the heart and produced a tissue around it and eventually "learned" how to produce the contractions in heart muscles... SUPER FREAKY BUT SO COOL AT THE SAME TIME. My class is taking a field trip to a cadaver lab at the end of March and I'm pumped!! haha I know that sounds extra creepy, but I like that kind of stuff. ;)
Anyways, after school I went shopping with my mom and we got a bag of Boston Baked Beans.. oh man. <3 love love love.. and then the guys who check your carts at the end of your trip drew two hearts on the top of our receipt! Totes presh, yet subtly weird at the same time. And then we had FHE at the Bishop's house with our ward!! It was so much fun!! I love our ward get togethers, they have the best food there, although I wasn't hungry for the actual eating time part, but afterwards I ate haha aaand I talked with Cal a whole bunch :) :) haha we were putting ice cubes down Porter's shirt, and such. And then Kami came later and we all talked some more, a tad awkward.. but what can you expect?? haha! Oh and Bishop's son Bryce is getting married and they said that they are having the wedding reception the day before they are getting married, that way the Temple is the highlight of the day and the reception isn't a big distraction.. which I thought was a really good idea!!
Overall, an absolutely great day! :) :) Thinking we're going to have a movie night on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment