May 06, 2012

96% Sadness

Well... today was Fast Sunday... or rather Slow Sunday. It was a pretty long day. I looked cute, though so none of the bad stuff really even mattered!! ;) haha JUST KIDDING. I really should get up and bear my testimony in church at least once as a Youth... I'd totally do it if there weren't a bunch of rude people that would bag on my for it later. I'm not afraid of bearing my testimony, I'd just prefer to do it in a smaller setting where I know it would make an impact on other people's lives. It's something personal to me, and I don't want dumb kids to know about it. They should, ya know, because sharing is caring, but some people just are so of the world that it would mean nothing to them. I do it in Seminary and for other stuff... I guess I should just get over it!! Anyways, during Sunday School, we had a substitute teach us, and he asked each of us what our names were, what we did this weekend, and why we were at church today. Almost every single one of those kids said the only reason why they were at church was because they were forced to, they would be disowned if they didn't, or something closely related to the previous two. HOW SAD. Now do you see the reasonings behind me not wanting to get up there? Only me and Cal said that we actually WANTED to be at church. BONUS POINTS FOR US! Yeah, we're basically awesome. ;) We were the only two out of what, 10 kids?, who wanted to be at church. Pretty sad, huh? I get not wanting to be in Sunday School, that puts a damper on my day, too... but seriously kids, get your acts together! If only they could see the dumb things they're doing, learn from them now, and then not have to deal with bad stuff now/later! Is it THAT hard to do what we've all been asked?? Haha sorry, this subject is a wee bit touchy for me. It's just those kids who deliberately do what they're told not to do, and then question why bad things happen to them.... I just don't get it. Ahhhh. It drives me crazy!! And that, my friends, is a good 96% of the Youth in our ward.
Anyways, we went to Grandparents Porter for dinner! I don't know what it is... but vegetables at their house are so much better than anywhere else! Dunno how she does it.. We then went to the Reed's house for a family get together shindig... haha my cousin Jake's new name is J-Jubb... I came up with the gangster spelling! ;)
I have school tomorrow... my early case of senioritis is really starting to kick in. I don't want to do anything! Ahh it's bad. I need to knock it off. :P Tomorrow is a new day...

No comments:

Post a Comment