May 31, 2012

Burn, Baby Burn

This mornin' we went to the beach. Normally, I despise the beach because it's just a gross place. It's wet. It's sandy. People GO in the ocean. People die in the ocean. Gross creatures live in the ocean. Sewers empty into the ocean. It is just a vey unsanitary place. The worst part is definitely the sand because IT NEVER COMES OFF. Ever!

So I was not too thrilled with our plans for the day. Plus, swimsuits just make me feel uncomfortable. Icky. But I put up with it, decided to have fun, and whatdoyaknow I did! Jayne and I played frisbee and kicked water at each other, Sara and I dug holes and caught crabs.. It was fun! I wasn't uncomfortable at all, because there were people who looked weirder than I did there! Haha im so bad... Jen lovingly pointed out that I looked like a marshmallow... :( haha I do, which is the sad part. I think my shades made me feel more confident! Accessories CAN change the world! ;)

I took a lovely nap afterwards. And then we went to the Girl's second performances at the talent show. This time Jayne wasn't throwing up! Thank goodness! They did SO awesome! Both acts! :) I got some pretty sweet shots.. Kinda. Haha then we went to Taco Bell and just goofed off. Taylor tooted like a tuba, etc. they made fun of my whiteness mercilessly... But that's what you get. I'm just a target for bullies, I guess! Haha I love their family, they are so funny!

Not to mention, my family misses me!! I never thought they'd say that! Maizey keeps texting me all of our inside jokes and such. She DOES love me, after all!! :) I wish I was gonna be at my ward on Sunday, but I don't get back until Monday. Let's see what tomorrow has in store........

Oh yeah! So, I put on sunscreen like a maniac today at the beach. Was feeling pretty good, nothing was agonizingly painful, until like five hours later when my upper thighs started tingling and then I lost feeling in them... They didn't LOOK red, they were just hurting super badly! Welllllll.... That wasn't entirely true, because when I got back, my upper left thigh had a burn the shape of the state of Kentucky, while my right side had a burn with a circular burn three inches lower! Da freak?!?! Haha!! Of course that would happen. To me. Naturally! The one area that I didn't put sunscreen on is the ONLY area that burned. Normally, my whole body suffers. SPF50 is the answer to my prayers. But I didn't tan at all. Just burn in ridiculous places and shapes awwesommmmee. :P my thighs probably havent seen the sun in about three years, so I can't blame it that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment