May 27, 2012

A Few of My Favorite Things

Again.. I woke up at 5:17 this morning. :P Why I do this to myself, I am not completely certain. But it's certainly annoying! It was alright though, because we had to leave at 7:30 anyways because WE ARE GOING CAMPING!! YEAHYUH! :D I'm sooo excited! Got One Direction on my iPod, got my dog sweater and aviators.... this is gonna be great! The rest of my family left last night, and it's just me, Kami, and Maizey heading up today with the rest of the stuff they couldn't take up. We went up to Kehl Springs, where we went for Easter last year... it's a real pretty place, I like it!! :) It took us only about 2 and a half hours to get up there. Probably a bit longer than usual because the truck wouldn't go faster than 40 mph. It was a lovely drive though! No traffic, loud music, etc. :) On the drive up there, we saw this little stand and a guy was selling birdhouses for $4! I wanted one so badly.. :( and they also had an Arts and Crafts festival in Strawberry... that would have been so much fun to stop by and take pictures! We'll just have to go back again. ;) We drove up to the rim and looked out, danced in the wind, and it was just awesome. It was SOOO windy, it was ridiculous. But it felt so good! I just love the forest, it is so beautiful. Especially the mountains and how the further back they go, the lighter blue they get, and the canopy of trees with sunlight leaking through.... those are a few of my favorite things! The day went on... and it was pretty windy! We didn't do much, just took a nap.... sat around the fire... talked with the cousins.... yeah not much. But, that's pretty much all you can do when camping... I just liked sitting around! Me and Kami were talking about sleeping in the truck, but it didn't happen. We'll see how tomorrow goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment