May 20, 2012

I'm Going There Someday

Today, I woke up and decided to be awesome. And it worked. :) I wore my 90's floral print dress with shoulderpads and my brown belt, and welcomed in the world! I played piano in YW's for the first time... no biggie, it was just like seminary, except for the piano made me sound a billion times more awesome, which means that I still have potential!! ;)
Brother Fairbanks... oh my lanta, I am sooo jealous of that man! He travels the world ALL THE TIME. I kid you not. Israel, Singapore, Australia, China, Belgium, etc....... It's so cool! He brought us back some of the 2nd best chocolates in Europe... "only $50 dollars a box"... but he bought the best ones for himself "at only $300 a box".... this guy!! haha! I had this dark chocolate one with this lemon tasting creme inside, it was pretty good! Someone got one in the shape of a SEA HORSE. Why must European things be so much cooler than American things?! Anyways, he was telling me about all the places he's been to, their culture, and everything you ever wanted to know about anywhere! Ahh! He's living my dream! I will go to all of those places eventually! Oh man, my heart is bruised with jealousy. I saw his passport, too.... gah! Okay, enough. I WILL travel and experience everything and photograph to my heart's content, I will dance in the streets during a Chinese festival and hike the entire Swiss Alps and sit on an Australian beach before sunrise with my toes in the cold sand and sit in the snow in Alaska and watch the Northern Lights dance across the sky and visit the ruins in Israel and just do everything there is to do all over the world! I just want that so badly! I'm doing it vicariously through Brother Fairbanks, but I can't tell if that's helping my dreams or crushing them even more...
Anyways, in YW we talked about Temple Marriages! Ahh! My favorite! :) Sister Kasper kept asking questions like, "What's holding you back from getting married in the Temple?" Me: "NOTHING." Some answers were the usual modesty, friends, Word of Wisdom, music, etc. WHICH I DON'T GET. I don't get why these simple little rules are so hard for people to obey! Seriously, if you're going to give up an eternity of being sealed to your best friend.... never mind. I simply don't understand why people get so hung up on the littlest things. I am SO blessed to have just always known that I am to do what I've been asked because I can see the bigger picture... I can't see why people don't see what I see, and it makes me mad! Haha. I'm just so wise. :)
Anyways, I have such a strong testimony of Temple Marriage. After seeing differences in my family of those who are married and sealed in the Temple versus those who are not, I want the pure happiness and love and feelings those who have been properly married in the Temple have. I do NOT want it any other way. I can't express it in words to the full understanding and feelings I get when I say I KNOW I must be married in the Temple. It is a constant reminder in everything that matters. It is crucial for this sacred and special ordinance to take place between me and the man I will marry  for us to be able to have the power and rights to receive revelation and raise children and to set up our own kingdoms for the eternities. I have this burning feeling and desire in my heart when I think of Temple Marriage. I know it is what I am going to do, and I will not settle for anything less than this. I know that this is what is going to be the foundation for the rest of my life and for my children's lives and for the rest of my posterity. I hold this ordinance so highly and sacredly and it is a part of me and always will be, even after I am married. I will make sure that the Temple is a part of my life and my children's lives and that one day they will see how special the Temple is to me and want the same things. Nothing will hold me back from reaching this goal. I will remain pure and virtuous in all my endeavors for my future husband so that we can be sealed for all eternity together. I do not doubt that he is also living by the same standards that I am living. I will keep the Temple in my thoughts and will never let it fall from my sights. It is not a matter of IF I get married in the Temple, but WHEN I get married in the Temple. It is THAT important to me. I've been working towards this my whole life.
Those were some of the thoughts running through my head when she was asking for our opinions. And I didn't share this because I couldn't get it out into words and sentences, I could only feel it, and still words can't do it justice. I am thankful for all of my wisdom, common sense, and obedience I have to this Gospel, and I know that I have been blessed, I am being blessed, and I will be blessed because of my faithfulness during my years here. Also, today I just kept feeling the Spirit and it was a great day! I need to decide to be awesome more often!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment